Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Jim's Burger Near 2nd Road

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jim's Burger offers some of the best, if not the best, hamburgers currently available in Pattaya. It's been open a few months, bringing the number of Jim's Burger restaurants to four. Three Jim's ou

A change of name is imminent? Plahgat to phatgut?

Finally found Jim's Burger. Across from Differ Disco on the soi behind Big C in North Pattaya.   Portions are generous. I ordered the small burger and small fries and couldn't finish either.   I h

Posted Images

I love Jim's burgers and beers. I've eaten there 3 times, schedule permitting, and have always been satisfied.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Posted Today, 04:17 PM

post-6485-0-84857100-1480652550.jpg

I made a follow-up visit to Jim's to try the Lava Cheesy Burger, which promises triple the cheese of an ordinary cheeseburger. I chose the small version at 210 baht. The large goes for 290 baht.

post-6485-0-55617200-1480652572.jpg

I ordered it on a traditional bun and it came with the usual side of a sampler portion of waffle fries.

post-6485-0-39305400-1480652575.jpg

The buns at Jim's are homemade and fresh, which in fact adds to the overall burger experience. The Lava burger also came with Jim's signature garnish, a golden fried onion ring.

post-6485-0-09338700-1480652578.jpg

The bun was perfectly toasted. Like Baby Bear's porridge in Goldilocks, it was "just right."

post-6485-0-54704800-1480652569.jpg

I'm not sure it was triple the amount of cheese on my burger- I'd have pegged it at about double. But no doubt, it dripped with plenty of lovely melted cheese.

post-6485-0-63332100-1480652566.jpg

The quality of the ingredients as well as the attention to detail is what makes Jim's burgers stand out in a crowded field. Some thought has gone into the construction of the various burgers. It's not just a bunch of stuff thrown together, but each component ingredient adds to the overall effect.

In the Lava burger, the meat patty and cheese are the dominant flavors, and rightfully so. But the modest amount of veggies has a supporting role to play. The tomato slice and dill pickles add tartness and the lettuce leaf provide a bit of crunch. I'm not a fan of raw onion, but the two small rings gave the burger a bit of a kick.

post-6485-0-73202600-1480652554.jpg

I had a half-pint of Singha draft (120 baht abv 5.0%) along with the burger. It's not the most interesting beer in the world, but it has good carbonation and a light taste, so it goes well with a burger.

post-6485-0-85107800-1480652563.jpg

After the burger, I also had a glass of La Trappe, a Dutch wheat beer at 165 baht (abv 5.0%). It was easy to drink. with slight hints of citrus and spice. It's a refreshing hot-weather beer.

post-6485-0-85155400-1480652557.jpg

The outdoor seating area at Jim's and the basketball cage.

post-6485-0-75275300-1480652560.jpg

The staff at Jim's Burger is very friendly. You can look right into the kitchen, which is always a good thing.

post-6485-0-01292600-1480653560.jpg

If anyone needs a landmark, Jim's is diagonally across the street from Differ, a Thai nightspot.

Evil

devil.gif

• Upvote 1

i usually eat with my eyes too, im not doubting the taste evil but to be honest the visual look of the burger is a mess and i for one wouldnt eat there if i see plates of food coming out looking like that

• Upvote 1
  • 5 weeks later...

After the closure of Bite Me I was out looking for a good choice of craft beer this morning so I first went to Robin Hood and there was nothing on offer I fancied so decided to hit Jim's Burgers for a lovely hazelnut brown ale.......But it was closed....and yes EP clearly states that it opens at 5pm........ Not my best day.

In fact the most exciting part was dodging the kids riding the mobile elephants in Marina....

i usually eat with my eyes too, im not doubting the taste evil but to be honest the visual look of the burger is a mess and i for one wouldnt eat there if i see plates of food coming out looking like that

It's all down to personal preference, but I think the burgers at Jim's look damn good. In fact, if burgers were bar girls, they'd all be on the Bikini Mafia Team. My personal favorite:

post-141914-0-17083200-1483170412.jpg

I think I'll suggest they start offering the LaLa Burger.

Evil

:devil

The place next door to Jim's was packed out when I went around 1pm.....

The pharmacy?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hahaha .....Yeh, buying Gaviscon..

If they can afford it....

If one can afford craft beer one can afford Gaviscon can't one? Darling....

Not sure about that, it works out at about 1000 baht/pint duckie.

Edited by jacko

Hahaha .....Yeh, buying Gaviscon..

So, what was the name and type of the place that was packed next door to Jim's?

I haven't been up there for a month, so I'm curious if there is a new place out there in the hinterlands.

So, what was the name and type of the place that was packed next door to Jim's?

I haven't been up there for a month, so I'm curious if there is a new place out there in the hinterlands.

It had a long wooden patio frontage for table dining (rather than stool/bench dining). All signs seem to be in Thai but I think it was part of the "Ete" chain.

Most customers were Asian ( not sure which as I couldn't pick up any conversation as I walked past) with a couple of farang. The Asians seem to be in seperate groups rather than one whole tour group...

I had my heart set on some craft beer so didn't take much more notice than that ....and it was full anyway...

It had a long wooden patio frontage for table dining (rather than stool/bench dining). All signs seem to be in Thai but I think it was part of the "Ete" chain.

Most customers were Asian ( not sure which as I couldn't pick up any conversation as I walked past) with a couple of farang. The Asians seem to be in seperate groups rather than one whole tour group...

I had my heart set on some craft beer so didn't take much more notice than that ....and it was full anyway...

Yes, a Thai restaurant that is very good and reasonably priced. On a day i went to Jim's too early and was hungry i just decided to eat next door. It's a very large restaurant with ample seating outside and inside with another separate AC room. I saw a few groups of what looked like office workers come in and eat in the AC room.

Since it's right across from a big Thai disco, Dilfer (sp?), i noticed the restaurant hours would cater to the disco customers too.

Exploring the new "Central Marina" there are many new eateries in there too. Yes, Pattaya continues to change....

20170103_112630.png

20170103_112535.png

Edited by losgrad

To bring back on topic....

P.s. i did eat a few of the potato tater tots before taking the pictures

Order of pics:

Chicken

BLT

Jim's

20170103_113904.png

20170103_113619.png

20170103_113758.png

20170103_113723.png

20170103_113447.png

Edited by losgrad
  • Upvote 1

Looks fantastic. I kinda find those super-stacked burgers hard to eat, though. I think if I had the burger with the onion ring and bacon I would divide it along the axial plane and eat it as two open-faced sandwiches.

Think I'll give it a shot this weekend! :gone

Looks fantastic. I kinda find those super-stacked burgers hard to eat, though. I think if I had the burger with the onion ring and bacon I would divide it along the axial plane and eat it as two open-faced sandwiches.

Yup, knife and fork is the only way to tackle one of those burgers.

Evil

If anybody knows the owner can you ask him/her to open at 11am......5pm is way to late for me !!!!

You should check their Facebook page, but I believe on Saturdays and Sundays they are open between noon and 2 p.m., then 5 p.m. to 22.00 p.m. (last order). I think they have plans to stay open later to catch the crowds that go to Differ (Thai nightclub and disco).

Evil

You should check their Facebook page, but I believe on Saturdays and Sundays they are open between noon and 2 p.m., then 5 p.m. to 22.00 p.m. (last order). I think they have plans to stay open later to catch the crowds that go to Differ (Thai nightclub and disco).

Evil

Sorry but I don't use FB. I just looked at the sign on the door when I went there. This weekend we are off to Bang Saray for Birthday/Xmas/NYE Seafood.

So the weekend after is looking good..

Went looking for this joint but blown if I could find it. I ended up hiking back to Big C and eating at OMG Burger inside the "Marina" or whatever they call it.

Will sally forth another day.

Went looking for this joint but blown if I could find it. I ended up hiking back to Big C and eating at OMG Burger inside the "Marina" or whatever they call it.

Will sally forth another day.

When you are in the Marina find the 3BB desk. Leave by the exit near that desk, walk to the road turn right. Take the first left and it is on your left about 30m up....

I shall try again next Saturday at Noon as I have promised to buy my daughter "something or other" for her camera in Marina. So if you see a fat old bastard quaffing craft with a 15 year old girl playing with a camera ...then thats me..

• Upvote 1