Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Jim's Burger Near 2nd Road

Went looking for this joint but blown if I could find it. I ended up hiking back to Big C and eating at OMG Burger inside the "Marina" or whatever they call it.

Will sally forth another day.

I found it quite easily using Google maps.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jim's Burger offers some of the best, if not the best, hamburgers currently available in Pattaya. It's been open a few months, bringing the number of Jim's Burger restaurants to four. Three Jim's ou

A change of name is imminent? Plahgat to phatgut?

Finally found Jim's Burger. Across from Differ Disco on the soi behind Big C in North Pattaya.   Portions are generous. I ordered the small burger and small fries and couldn't finish either.   I h

Posted Images

So the map posted above is rather misleading.

The way to find it on foot is: Walk out from Big C to Soi Pettrakun, at the back of Big C (east end), and hang a left. Walk past Differ pub (which is on the opposite side of the street from Jim's). Jim's Burgers will be on your left.

The way to find it on foot is: Walk out from Big C to Soi Pettrakun, at the back of Big C (east end), and hang a left. Walk past Differ pub (which is on the opposite side of the street from Jim's). Jim's Burgers will be on your left.

Lost me there, there isn't an exit from Big-C onto soi Phettrakun. A Google Maps link might work easier.

Thanks, that looks easy and I frequently pass that way as I cut the Dolphin roundabout ,

Not today, looks like the rain is set to last.

Just checked the radar, a heavy spell then it should clear.

Edited by jacko

The map isn't drawn to scale, but it is correct in terms of position. From 2nd Road, walk east on Soi 2 and turn left at the first cross street (Soi Phettrakul). Differ will be on your right and Jim's is on the left side of the street, about 2/3s down the block bounded by Sois 2 and 1.

Evil

:devil

The map isn't drawn to scale, but it is correct in terms of position. From 2nd Road, walk east on Soi 2 and turn left at the first cross street (Soi Phettrakul). Differ will be on your right and Jim's is on the left side of the street, about 2/3s down the block bounded by Sois 2 and 1.

Evil

:devil

It made it look to me like the joint was on or near Second Road.

Never mind, I'll go looking for it sometime next week.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw on Jim's Burger's FB page that the restaurant will be open from 11.30 a.m. to midnight from Feb.1. Current hours are 5.00 p.m. to midnight Monday-Friday and on Saturday-Sunday open for lunch in addition to the evening hours.

I also read on another board, but haven't confirmed, that Jim's Burger now delivers. Despite its location, Jim's is proving quite popular for both its beer and burgers. One of the best, if not the best, place in Pattaya for hamburgers that hold a consistently high level of quality with a creative touch.

Evil :devil

Edited by Evil Penevil

I saw on Jim's Burger's FB page that the restaurant will be open from 11.30 a.m. to midnight from Feb.1. Current hours are 5.00 p.m. to midnight Monday-Friday and on Saturday-Sunday open for lunch in addition to the evening hours.

That's great news!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally found Jim's Burger. Across from Differ Disco on the soi behind Big C in North Pattaya.

Portions are generous. I ordered the small burger and small fries and couldn't finish either.

I had the honey burger which was delicious -- I ordered the patty well done and it was nice and tasty with no chunks of gristle. But because it was so big it was sloppy, as it was piled so high the lettuce spilled out in one direction and the tomato the other. The whole wheat bun was delicious. The fries, though served in a cute little individual fryer, were bland and disappointing. I didn't see the chunky fries or other options.

Also, as it was a Buddha Day I couldn't sample the craft beers.

I still haven't found anything in Pattaya that meets my gold standard, which is Sala Burger in Daikanyama, Tokyo. But the price is half of Sala Burger and it's a good tasty feed.

• Upvote 2
  • 4 weeks later...

As my Father used to say about some of my sandwiches....."Are you going to eat it or climb it?"

Your dad sounded a lot like my dad.

As to the topic, I have always been disappointed with burgers in Thailand and my tastes are fairly simple, bun, decent meat, onions, ketchup and sometimes bacon.

I often find odd sauces and tasteless beef which explains the odd sauces.

Your dad sounded a lot like my dad.

As to the topic, I have always been disappointed with burgers in Thailand and my tastes are fairly simple, bun, decent meat, onions, ketchup and sometimes bacon.

I often find odd sauces and tasteless beef which explains the odd sauces.

An inability to even taste the meat surely is the Hallmark of US burgers?

An inability to even taste the meat surely is the Hallmark of US burgers?

Not all but certainly the chain versions are sub par, of which there are far too many and dominate. You all have some of those over there. However, we have restaurants - grills and BBQ places, often family owned - that do a great job. Our coastal states are not really renowned for it though. Places like Kansas City are meccas for BBQ and quality beef.

Oddly, the two of the best steaks I have had were in West Berlin and Beefeaters in Pattaya. I had to ignore my German cousins smothering their fries with mayonaise though.

My next trip I will try Jim's though but I am hoping as I said for something simpler than a tower. I like meat. I want to taste it.

I had the "Twin Head Dragon" burger at Jim's the other day.

Double beef, cheese and bacon!

Big Size with an extra fried egg on top! :P

Plahgat

It doesn't normally come with a fried egg, was this an extra request?

It doesn't normally come with a fried egg, was this an extra request?

Yes!

I paid extra for that one, not sure how much maybe 20 baht?

You can add whatever they have, extra if you want.

My Big size "Twin Head Dragon" inkl sprite and the egg was something like 450 baht!

So not cheap, but filled my gut! :thumbup

Plahgat

Jim's Burger 5.JPG

Edited by plahgat

Yes!

I paid extra for that one, not sure how much maybe 20 baht?

You can add whatever they have, extra if you want.

My Big size "Twin Head Dragon" inkl sprite and the egg was something like 450 baht!

So not cheap, but filled my gut! :thumbup

Plahgat

attachicon.gifJim's Burger 5.JPG

Might be tasty but the after effects would be a bit burdensome.

I was thinking more of the inevitable download. It is possible to have too much of a good thing.