Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Christmas Dinner Options 2016

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

..... "Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat, Book your dinner now lest your plans fall flat."     If you intend on having Christmas dinner in Pattaya, you best make your reservati

Hooters is not a place that ranks high in the hearts and minds of Pattaya's Scrooges, but 399 baht is not a bad price at all for a two-course Christmas dinner. In fact, it's at the lower end of the P

I had this for Xmas Eve dinner and was quite happy with it  

Posted Images

Another suggestion for the budget-conscious:

heeler.jpg

The Blue Heeler (named for an Australian dog breed) is located on Soi Lengkee across from Retox. Unfortunately the ad and FB page don't give any details about what is included in the 300-baht buffet.

Santa Penevil

christmas_animated_santa-dancing_(4).jpg

A reasonably priced all-you-can-eat Christmas carvery at the Queen Vic on Soi Six:

qv25th.jpg

I imagine it would be very popular, considering the large number of customers the Queen Vic's weekly Sunday carvery usually gets. I don't know if they accept reservations, but give them a call soon if you're interested.

Some other options. Prices in baht for a meal with starter, main course and dessert except where noted:

LK Empress- 590
Cafe Pitini 995
Rosie O'Grady's 950
Pig & Whistle Jomtien 850
The Butcher's Arms 1,090
The Robin's Nest has an all-you-can-eat carvery with soup, roasts and sides 695, but dessert is extra.
The Devonshire has broken down the Christmas dinner into three separate courses- starter (150), main (399) and dessert (120), which would be 669 baht for all three.

Santa Penevil

• Upvote 1

Not to TF too much, but here are a couple of reasonable options in Bkk;

An Aussie approach

AusXmas.jpg

and very reasonable pricing for Bkk at Tenderloins, and if you go after 5 pm you can pair it with their good 2 fer at HH.

IMG_6768 (Medium).JPG

IMG_6762 (Medium).JPG

IMG_6773 (Medium).JPG

• Upvote 2
The Devonshire has broken down the Christmas dinner into three separate courses- starter (150), main (399) and dessert (120), which would be 669 baht for all three.

Santa Penevil

I was in Devonshire this morning and noticed a sign on one of the tables that had a split price for starter...75 baht pea and ham soup or 150 baht Prawn Cocktail....

Hooters Christmas

attachicon.gifHooters-Christmas-Banner.jpg

Hooters is not a place that ranks high in the hearts and minds of Pattaya's Scrooges, but 399 baht is not a bad price at all for a two-course Christmas dinner. In fact, it's at the lower end of the Pattaya scale. I'll try to book it today. Thank you, Rhino Tusk, for bringing this option to my attention. It looks like it will be Hard Rock for me on Christmas Eve and Hooters on Christmas Day.

Santa Penevil

• Upvote 3

Hooters Christmas

attachicon.gifHooters-Christmas-Banner.jpg

I agree with EP..This looks like an excellent choice for Xmas Dinner....!!

Purely as an aside and not for financial reasons....How much is ++ here? ... Lived in LOS more than 20 years and never bothered to ask before....??

Edited by Bullfrog

I agree with EP..This looks like an excellent choice for Xmas Dinner....!!

Purely as an aside and not for financial reasons....How much is ++ here? ... Lived in LOS more than 20 years and never bothered to ask before....??

If the ++ means VAT and service, it would most likely be a total of 17% or 68 baht. So the final cost of the dinner would be 467 baht, still at the low end of things.

Santa Penevil

Καπνιστή Γαλοπούλα με πορτοκάλι και σάλτσα Jack Daniel’s1-150x150.jpg

• Upvote 1

If the ++ means VAT and service, it would most likely be a total of 17% or 68 baht. So the final cost of the dinner would be 467 baht, still at the low end of things.

Santa Penevil

attachicon.gifΚαπνιστή Γαλοπούλα με πορτοκάλι και σάλτσα Jack Daniel’s1-150x150.jpg

Thanks EP.....Another gap in my knowledge filled...

EDIT = I have just visited their website...no information on wine available that I can see.....

Edited by Bullfrog

I visited Hooters Monday night to ask about reservations for Christmas dinner on Dec. 25th. I was told that reservations aren't necessary for one or two diners, just walk in. Hooters opens at 10.00 a.m. and the set dinner will be served from about noon, a waitress told me.

I imagine a reservation would be wise for a larger group, especially if you want to sit in one of the booths and not at the bar stool tables.

Thanks EP.....Another gap in my knowledge filled...

EDIT = I have just visited their website...no information on wine available that I can see.....

Wine is available on the drinks menu you get in the bar, by the glass and the bottle.

So that's it for my Christmas dining: the buffet at the Hard Rock on Christmas Eve, Hooters on Christmas Day.

Santa Penevil

• Upvote 1

So that's it for my Christmas dining: the buffet at the Hard Rock on Christmas Eve, Hooters on Christmas Day.

Santa Penevil

Is it a buffet? From the description I can't tell definitively, but I get the impression you're served each course.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It seems pretty explicit that it is an all-you-can-eat carvery on the FB page.

Hard Rock.JPG

Hard Rock1.JPG

Santa Penevil

christmas_animated_santa-dancing.gif

Edited by Evil Penevil

So its either a glass of mulled wine 899 or free flow mulled wine, beer and whiskey 1,389 depending on where you eat.......400 baht difference for 4 hours of free flow.......100 baht/hour all you can drink..... :beer :gulp

Edited by Bullfrog

So its either a glass of mulled wine 899 or free flow mulled wine, beer and whiskey 1,389 depending on where you eat.......400 baht difference for 4 hours of free flow.......100 baht/hour all you can drink..... :beer :gulp

Just beware I am fairly sure that Hard Rock is a ++ venue. It does not mention it on that screen shot kindly posted by Evil but I am reasonably sure you will find the ++ sting on the final bill.

Just beware I am fairly sure that Hard Rock is a ++ venue. It does not mention it on that screen shot kindly posted by Evil but I am reasonably sure you will find the ++ sting on the final bill.

Thanks Mate....Where will you be spending Xmas Day..??..and more importantly when will you be in Bite Me next.....The Stellenbosch is on me!!??

After a massive Hongthong session with the neighbours in the slums last night it seems that we will be having a Xmas Eve Party here in the slums and I am buying a spit roast pig!! Daughter insists on a Japanese Xmas Dinner but I am edging her towards Hooters....

Martin...Tiny Todger...

Edited by Bullfrog

Thanks Mate....Where will you be spending Xmas Day..??..and more importantly when will you be in Bite Me next.....The Stellenbosch is on me!!??

Working Christmas day, I have 15 wheelchair bookings for the day. Will be back in sin city some time next year. Will remind you of that offer. :drunk

Working Christmas day, I have 15 wheelchair bookings for the day. Will be back in sin city some time next year. Will remind you of that offer. :drunk

Last time in there me and Peter polished off his stash of Barolo Reserve...That was Xmas and NYE wrapped up in one!!!!

If you haven't made your Christmas dinner arrangements yet, best to get your ass in gear or you'll risk eating pad thai, kebab and hamburgers on Dec. 24 and 25.

Here are a few upscale places that probably still have seats available, thanks to the the price (the prices are all net, no ++):

Bruno's

Brunos.JPG

Dusit Thani

Dusit Thani.JPG

Mantra.JPG

Royal Cliff.JPG

sheraton.JPG

Hilton

Hilton1.JPG

Hilton2.JPG

Hilton3.JPG

Hilton4.JPG

Capturegabenezer.JPG

And for those of you who by choice or necessity are having gruel and crust of bread for your Christmas dinner,

gruel.jpg

you can add a festive touch with a can of cranberry relish, available at Villa Market in The Avenue on 2nd Road. I don't know the price (none was on display), but the exact same can cost me U.S. $0.99 last week at Shop Rite in Jersey City, NJ.

51aSdmWZVzL.jpg

Santa Penevil

santa.gif

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 2

One more restaurant with attractive prices- the Haven on Soi Lengkee:

xmas_dinner_2016.jpg

You have a choice between an all-you-can-eat buffet or various dinner options, all at the lower end of the price scale.

Santa Penevil

Sadly, with the shortage of imported turkeys, Eddie made the decision to provide Thai turkeys for Thanksgiving. I have never eaten such a tough, stringy, flavorless turkey. I left half of it on the plate as I considered it inedible.

On top of that, the turkey dinner was 900+ baht, and many other places were using Norbest turkeys and charging less.

I talked to Eddie yesterday and he assured me that there will be no more Thai turkeys. Only imported US turkeys this time. I forgot the price but I think it was 695 baht.

• Upvote 1

I talked to Eddie yesterday and he assured me that there will be no more Thai turkeys. Only imported US turkeys this time. I forgot the price but I think it was 695 baht.

I'm glad he decided to not use Thai turkeys again.

I'll let you know how the meal is. I intend to give it a try. As long as I sit at the bar, I didn't have to have a reservation.

• Upvote 1

A last-minute suggestion: Palmer's on Soi 13/4 off Beach Road. It doesn't take reservations, so just show up from noon onward on Dec. 25th and hope for the best. I don't have a pic of the menu, but it is a UK-style turkey dinner (one course) for 395 baht and 95 baht extra for Xmas pudding.

Santa Penevil

christmas_animated_santa-dancing.gif