Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Christmas Dinner Options 2016

A last-minute suggestion: Palmer's on Soi 13/4 off Beach Road. It doesn't take reservations, so just show up from noon onward on Dec. 25th and hope for the best. I don't have a pic of the menu, but it is a UK-style turkey dinner (one course) for 395 baht and 95 baht extra for Xmas pudding.

Santa Penevil

attachicon.gifchristmas_animated_santa-dancing.gif

Might have to go there after the Xmas dinner elsewhere to have some Xmas pudding!

I miss my mom's fruitcakes :-(

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

..... "Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat, Book your dinner now lest your plans fall flat."     If you intend on having Christmas dinner in Pattaya, you best make your reservati

Hooters is not a place that ranks high in the hearts and minds of Pattaya's Scrooges, but 399 baht is not a bad price at all for a two-course Christmas dinner. In fact, it's at the lower end of the P

I had this for Xmas Eve dinner and was quite happy with it  

Posted Images

Might have to go there after the Xmas dinner elsewhere to have some Xmas pudding!

In my childhood years, my Mom made between 30 and 50 fruitcakes for Christmas. Most were given as gifts to my Dad's relatives. It became a huge burden for her and she quit one year, which caused quite a stir in my Dad's family.

images.jpg

Santa Penevil

christmas_animated_santa-dancing_(4).jpg

I like fruitcakes and the following is the best cake, I've ever eaten. Maybe you could have a board member bring you one.

https://www.gethsemanifarms.org/fruitcake.aspx

I'll let you know how the meal is. I intend to give it a try. As long as I sit at the bar, I didn't have to have a reservation.

The big day is over for another year. I had the turkey dinner at Eddies. The US turkey was excellent. The price was 675 baht. I was a little surprised because he had several other options on the menu. I thought everyone liked turkey. The only problem I had was that I didn't have room for a beer after I finished eating. I went back to the condo to take a nap. I was almost asleep when my wife called me to say Merry Christmas.

I had the Hooters special at Sukhumvit Soi 15 Bangkok. About 15 customers mid-afternoon. Turkey was moist and tender, mashed and fried potatos, sprouts and carrots, ham was just ok. Service was poor, I asked for apple pie for dessert but was served minced. Ordered tropical Long Island (with passion fruit). Total bill was 789.

Blaaaah! Humbug! Christmas dinner at Hooters in Pattaya was a huge disappointment. The guys who ate at homeless shelters in NYC (or prisons, mental hospitals, etc.) will have had better meals.

More details later, but it was institutional food and not even what was advertised.

IMG_0044.jpg

This was supposed to be pecan pie. That would only be possible in the imagination of a cook who's never had real pecan pie. I had wanted mincemeat pie as advertised, but they didn't have it and had run out of apple pie. At least the waitress offered me a free cup of coffee. Total was 467 baht with service and VAT and 650 with my pint of Ashahi.

IMG_0047.jpg

Krampus Penevil

Edited by Evil Penevil

Just so you know that Evil's meal was not an abberation, I had the same Christmas dinner at Hooters (shown below).

It was advertised at 399 baht, but apparently the small print said it was exclusive of VAT and 10% service, so it was more like 470 baht.

The turkey was pathetic ... akin to what I would think soylent green might taste like.

The ham was microplaned and almost transparent, it was so thinly sliced.

The dressing was cut out of some cake or something. It tasted nothing like any dressing I've ever had.

The peas were underdone and crunchy, the sprouts were hard, the carrots were wilted and soft, and the potatoes tasted like they had been in oil for days.

Horrible horrible meal!

• Upvote 1

I had the Christmas dinner at Hooters as well. I thought slightly better of it than MM did. The white meat was okay. If only they could have found a little bit of moist dark meat as well. I've encountered that type of "dressing" before, also in Pattaya. It was entirely innocent of any kind of bread product.

That meal in Hooters looks shocking! It was a chance to show their wares to a greater audience and from what I see on here it shot itself in the foot..... My daughter and I were so close to deciding to go there BUT because I'd agreed to let her go shopping in Central I had "Xmas Dinner" in Hippopo in Central then hit the cocktail menu whilst she shopped...

I had the Christmas dinner at Hooters as well. I thought slightly better of it than MM did. The white meat was okay. If only they could have found a little bit of moist dark meat as well. I've encountered that type of "dressing" before, also in Pattaya. It was entirely innocent of any kind of bread product.

EP's plate looks like he had just finished eating and the small amount of meat on the plate were left overs...

"Soylent Green is people."

Evil

:devil

Come to think of it, the "dressing" was a kind of puréed, compacted mystery meat. :yikes:

EP's plate looks like he had just finished eating and the small amount of meat on the plate were left overs...

Here is what I was served...

2016-12-25 19.25.52.jpg

and here is what was inedible and left on my plate, not that what is missing would be called "edible" objectively

2016-12-25 19.36.49.jpg

I don't go to Hooters with high expectations but I got three slices of turkey and mashed potatoes, with some good eye candy. The dressing was awful but my drink was liberally spiked, so I walked away feeling OK when other places were charging more.

• Upvote 1

I don't go to Hooters with high expectations but I got three slices of turkey and mashed potatoes, with some good eye candy. The dressing was awful but my drink was liberally spiked, so I walked away feeling OK when other places were charging more.

It would be interesting to see what time each of you went...

Personnally speaking my bill in Hippopo was 3,000 baht for the 2 of us for about 2 hours of eating and drinking....... it was a decision made because of shoes rather than the culinary experience.... but it turned out perfectly

Here is what I was served...

My Mrs cooked me some Thai style food....

I think mine looked more festive!

(And rather ironically involved chcken wings)

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

My Mrs cooked me some Thai style food....

I think mine looked more festive!

I had this for Xmas Eve dinner and was quite happy with it

2016-12-24 20.27.51.jpg

• Upvote 3

Hooters "food" is about one rank above McDonalds standard.

It does have other attractions though. :)

With the numerous options on offer presented in this thread surprised you foodies chose Hooters for ya Xmas dinner. Thanks for taking one for the team.

:chogdee

Edited by Dungheap
  • Upvote 1

With the numerous options on offer presented in this thread surprised you foodies chose Hooters for ya Xmas dinner. Thanks for taking one for the team.

I don't know about the others, but the likelihood I would be able to just walk in and get a seat without a reservation was an attraction. That was fulfilled.

I've had worse turkey and the same mystery meat dressing at a more expensive venue in Pattaya. Christmas, a year ago, I had more food, but equally bland, for lower cost at a local "English" pub.

I would put Hooters above McDonald's but below other bar/grill chains in the US, at least for the food.

• Upvote 1

Looking at all the offerings, I personally thought they were outrageously overpriced, usually 995-1500 for what looked like a 600 baht meal at most. It's the Christmas surcharge that all the restaurants were adding on to price gouge.

So, silly me, thinking that Hooter's was a stand-up kinda place that usually gouges, but for this event was coming in at a reasonable single serving price, I thought "what could go wrong?".

Okay, I see that it's a case of "you get what you pay for".

Really, Rich Man Poor Man sounded like the best deal at 695 for a full dinner.