Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

A few weeks ago, the missus and I went to Monster Shrimp on that soi. I was surprised at how clean and eclectic (for Pattaya) the street was.

Across from Monster Shrimp is that party store and the "Cat Cafe". The Cat Cafe actually has cats as furry hosts for the diners. People were in there eating with cats doing their leg rubbing thing and just wandering around.

BTW, we really enjoyed Monster Shrimp. From what I have gleaned from speaking to others, it's very similar to some southern USA cooking style. You can order various combinations of shrimp, crab, squid, mussel, and clams that are then cooked with a delicious sauce and boiled. They are served to you in a plastic bag which is then dumped onto a large paper place mat at your table. No dining utensils are provided, but you get a nice big bib to cover your top.

Anyway, it's an interesting little soi.

• Upvote 1

A few weeks ago, the missus and I went to Monster Shrimp on that soi. I was surprised at how clean and eclectic (for Pattaya) the street was.

Across from Monster Shrimp is that party store and the "Cat Cafe". The Cat Cafe actually has cats as furry hosts for the diners. People were in there eating with cats doing their leg rubbing thing and just wandering around.

I agree, the street feels very un-Pattaya-like. A few more street trees would be nice.

Zoom in on Monster Shrimp:

Monster Shrimp 2.jpg

and on Cat Cafe:

Cat cafe.jpg

• Upvote 1

I agree, the street feels very un-Pattaya-like. A few more street trees would be nice.

I agree, I was in that area some time ago at 'Nutrition Club' and had a ride around and felt I was someplace else.

Thanks for the report. I always try to have a destination in mind when I go on my walks. This is close enough and interesting enough to get added to the list.

If you are starting at Soi Buakhao, it is just about the right distance for a walk (at least, for me). You could do as I did and treat yourself to a coffee and cake at Au Bon Pain before coming back.

If you are starting at Soi Buakhao, it is just about the right distance for a walk (at least, for me). You could do as I did and treat yourself to a coffee and cake at Au Bon Pain before coming back.

My walks begin at Wat Damsamakee so shooting up Arunotai I meet Klang at Big C Xtra...How far is it from there???.........But it'll be quite a hack to Bodega Bar from there for half time oranges though...

My walks begin at Wat Damsamakee so shooting up Arunotai I meet Klang at Big C Xtra...How far is it from there???.........But it'll be quite a hack to Bodega Bar from there for half time oranges though...

You probably know how long it is from Big C Extra to Harbor Mall. Add another 50% on to that and you have the time it will take to the entrance to Welcome Town.

From the entrance to Au Bon Pain would be no more than 10 minutes, unless you stroll and take in what is around you.

• 2 weeks later...