Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

The Robin Hood Tavern in The Avenue (updated Dec. 6, 2019)

Thanks,  Evil.      Another great,  informative post and another resto I'll soon be trying.    I often  go to Villa's at the Avenue so prior to shopping I'll stop in for a bite based on your recommendation.

Are they  back to doing delivery and do you know what area they cover?

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A hero has emerged who, together with his band of merry men and women, may be able to break the Curse of The Avenue. The Robin Hood Tavern, part of the Retox group,.was jammed with customers when I ha

I went to TRHT on Sunday looking to have the once-a-week roast dinner. The inside area was packed full at 2.30 p.m., not a single seat open and people standing with drinks in hand. But there were ple

It's still early days, but Robin Hood continues to pack them in.     At 9.00 p.m. last night, about 90% of the dining area was full.     I went back to the Robin Hood because a dish on the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, 9cisco999 said:

Thanks,  Evil.      Another great,  informative post and another resto I'll soon be trying.    I often  go to Villa's at the Avenue so prior to shopping I'll stop in for a bite based on your recommendation.

Are they  back to doing delivery and do you know what area they cover?

They are doing delivery via Grab now. I haven't had a delivery since they started using Grab but a mate has and said it was very efficient.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, tallguy said:

They are doing delivery via Grab now. I haven't had a delivery since they started using Grab but a mate has and said it was very efficient.

The delivery to me via grab a couple of weeks ago was extremely efficient.

Max's Menu is in addition to their full menu, and is, I think, only available until early evening and not on ?sunday?. It is advertised via laminated cards that are easily missed on each table, not given to you with the full menu.... at least, they were last Tuesday!

Edited by helloitsme
18 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

It seems like the Robin Hood Tavern is worth another visit.

It certainly does. I have used the Robin Hood a couple of times since it's return to the track, and my only complaint was the menu was lacking. Only a few things appealed to me. Partial to a pork pie. This looks interesting now. 

Edited by jacko

I usually have my main meal of the day in the evening but, yesterday, I'd had a bite to eat in the afternoon, so was looking for just something light in the evening.

I was walking through The Avenue and noticed a blackboard from The Robin Hood Tavern, and thought the Lite Bite Special might be what I was looking for.

20191206_220258a.jpg

Unfortunately, the menus I was given did not include the food on the blackboard - a point management needs to address. However, the waitress knew what I was talking about, and the order was duly placed.

The food arrived in a reasonable time, and was delicious. I'd go as far as to say it was the tastiest food I've had in a long while. The prawns were fresh and juicy, and the sauce was soooooo good.

20191206_212923.jpg

I shall be returning!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Grab will deliver far into the darkside.  I had the regular ploughman's lunch on Wednesday.  While I have had better, I have certainly had much worse.

Today I tried one of the Saturday specials,  the Philly cheesesteak at 199 baht.  Here's the pic from RH's Facebook page:

phillya.jpg.116b28ff0ab0e63e567fa1b7cdfa2281.jpg

It looked very similar to what I got on my plate, although maybe the portion was somewhat smaller.  It was even the waitress in the pic who served me.

IMG_20191207_133551_1-1.jpg.f1c9867d322d945c1876801d6a6a277a.jpg

According to the RH Facebook page,  the sandwich  consists of "Slow roasted topside of beef, sautéed green peppers and onions, melted cheddar cheese, garlic mayo, toasted baguette," with a side of "French fries or sweet potato fries."

A Philadelphia-born cheesesteak purist wouldn't approve, but the Robin Hood's sandwich was close to some cheesesteak variations that are served in Philly.  And most importantly, it tasted good.  The beef was tender and full of flavor.  The baguette was fresh and properly toasted.  The fries were crispy.  No complaints on my part, especially when it cost 199 baht.

One curious thing:  the cheesesteak  special wasn't on the menu, nor did I see it on a sign inside the restaurant.  If I hadn't read about it on the RH Facebook page, I wouldn't have known it was on offer.

I'll be back to try more of the Robin Hood menu.

Evil

For reference, this is what a Philly cheesesteak without Cheez Wiz and green pepper slices looks like in the U.S.  The cheese is provolone and the pic is from the Net.

Philly-CheeseSte.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Evil , l enjoy a steak sub and that looks good. Prefer shaved steak  to chopped.   I took a lovely girl from Pandoras last night and sitting on Diana having a drink with her was surprised to see Robins Nest across the Soi. Same food? Will probably return tonight . She wanted to eat at KIss but damn , if i could eat her now and the sandwich later. Yes. i can suffer through.

6 hours ago, sailingbill said:

Evil , l enjoy a steak sub and that looks good. Prefer shaved steak  to chopped.   I took a lovely girl from Pandoras last night and sitting on Diana having a drink with her was surprised to see Robins Nest across the Soi. Same food? Will probably return tonight . She wanted to eat at KIss but damn , if i could eat her now and the sandwich later. Yes. i can suffer through.

The thread is about Robin Hood Tavèrn in The Avenue not Robin's Nest on Soi Dianne. There is no connection between the two businesses.

• Upvote 1

I had the Robin Hood's Sunday roast tonight. The food at the RH has improved a lot under new management, so I decided try the roast beef dinner, Normally I order chicken or lamb as the roast beef and roast pork have seldom been good in Pattaya.  But since the RH has been on a winning streak, I went all in and had the roast beef.  I wasn't disappointed.

IMG_0061.jpg.048a9e733aed1f151e00885e907c7e1f.jpg

I had the small plate at 199 baht, which was more than enough for me.  There's also a large fixed plate dinner for 299 baht and the "all-you-can-eat" cavery buffet that includes soup and dessert for 395 baht.  Each dinner has a choice of five meats: beef, pork, honey glazed ham, lamb and chicken.

IMG_0065.jpg.9d61960a79f04d2c3f37e33ec2061036.jpg

The fixed-plate meals come with Yorkshire pudding, mashed and roasted potatoes, peas, carrots,  cabbage and a boat of gravy, plus a small portion of stuffing and a bacon-wrapped cocktail sausage.

IMG_0069.jpg.25346d567c7891af0a6978995ef7aaf5.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg.b756c5eeb3a4ea9c18cb76dce75f5040.jpg

The beef was tender and full of flavor.  The Yorkshire pudding was puffy and light,  just as it should be.  The gravy had been made from scratch.  The mashed potatoes were but the roasties were a bit soggy,  possibly from standing in a warming tray.  The carrots had been grilled, which was a nice Touch.  The cabbage had actually been undercooked.  That has to be the first time I've ever encountered a vegetable that hadn't been boiled long enough in a British-style Sunday roast dinner.

IMG_0064.jpg.dce417a29eb1d25de4f059d39fcb4512.jpg

The beef is the star of any Sunday roast and while it didn't exactly shine at RH, it was certainly good. No complaints on my part.

IMG_0074.jpg.5b33ca89e8b7390ec2f596f365f850f3.jpg

The condiment basket included a jar of Coleman's Mustard, which goes very well with roast beef.

I had had a fixed-plate Sunday roast in February when the RH had been under its old management.  That meal had mediocre at best.  No question the Robin Hood Tavern has seen a strong turn around in terms of its food.

Below is a pic from the RH's Facebook page.  The perspective exaggerates the size of the roast and vegetables!

79077562_2690051597889191_3622721295457714176_o.jpg

• Thanks 2

If The Avenue is to be turned into Pattaya's answer to The Nana Plaza, it will be a different place for dinner. 

15 hours ago, jacko said:

If The Avenue is to be turned into Pattaya's answer to The Nana Plaza, it will be a different place for dinner. 

RHT has become a really excellent place to eat. I hope nothing happens to change that. 

I'm currently there eating this, and very tasty it is too ?:

2019-12-18 19.43.31.jpg

2019-12-18 19.42.52.jpg

• Upvote 1