Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Qatar Airlines Cracking fare !

Just got a LHR-BKK-LHR ticket on Qatar for £311 via Skyscanner. Going out end of October.

Chuffed !!

Ill wait to get my Saigon ticket when Im in BKK

Just a follow up. Having checked on Qatar website, if you register as a premium member and then pay with your ticket with Visa you get a 15% discount on the air fare portion of the fare but not the tax.

Doing this would bring the rate down for my similar dates down to around the £320 return rate.

Just a follow up. Having checked on Qatar website, if you register as a premium member and then pay with your ticket with Visa you get a 15% discount on the air fare portion of the fare but not the tax.

Doing this would bring the rate down for my similar dates down to around the £320 return rate.

That really is bloody useful information..!! Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking at flights for my annual return to the UK over the last few days. Qatar was already the cheapest for BKK- Man business class return by some distance, but just typing VISA into the promo box saved an additional 9500 baht.

Cheers

TG

Business class in feb has just gone through the roof with them. looked a week aga and the price was around £1500, todays its quoted on kayak at £2900. Managed to get EVA at £1650 direct. :)

Business class in feb has just gone through the roof with them. looked a week aga and the price was around £1500, todays its quoted on kayak at £2900. Managed to get EVA at £1650 direct. :)

For Biz class I find the best deals are with Finnair BKK - HEL - LHR

Edited by Bullfrog

For Biz class I find the best deals are with Finnair BKK - HEL - LHR

I mentioned that I flew with them in April and the flight from Bangkok to Helsinki was pretty good. But the hop to Manchester in my case on Nordic Regional was 'orrible!

I mentioned that I flew with them in April and the flight from Bangkok to Helsinki was pretty good. But the hop to Manchester in my case on Nordic Regional was 'orrible!

C'est La Vie..........

Not bad at all, although it's a one stop 14 hr flight those are possibly the cheapest out there at the moment, good find!.. Their Manila prices aren't too bad, just over 500 sovs for October in economy.

I booked Qatar for a late Feb trip that is direct from DFW to Doha which I've heard is usually an empty flight but expect the Doha to BKK leg to be packed with people.

A cheap ticket for sure......anyone have any bad experience with this airline ?

I booked Qatar for a late Feb trip that is direct from DFW to Doha which I've heard is usually an empty flight but expect the Doha to BKK leg to be packed with people.

My experiences have been good.

Only complaint was being bused to the aircraft in UK, rather than there being a jetway.

Edited by jacko
sp
  • Upvote 1

I was a gold card frequent flyer with them for quite a few years, pretty good airline IMHO, I've no horror stories to tell. Enjoy your trip.

Regards

• Upvote 1

I always fly direct but this thread got me looking out of the box, I have not yet looked at price comparison for LHR-BKK with Qatar.

What i did do was check out seat availability on expert flyer and for the 4 flights I put in there was lots of empty seats on all the flights, out 30/1 and rtn 1/3.

Do any members know if you book on the Qatar web site if you can see seat availability and book seats before you pay, with Thai you can do this?

I would rather fly on a less than full plane even if it costs a little more. TIA

I always fly direct but this thread got me looking out of the box, I have not yet looked at price comparison for LHR-BKK with Qatar.

What i did do was check out seat availability on expert flyer and for the 4 flights I put in there was lots of empty seats on all the flights, out 30/1 and rtn 1/3.

Do any members know if you book on the Qatar web site if you can see seat availability and book seats before you pay, with Thai you can do this?

I would rather fly on a less than full plane even if it costs a little more. TIA

I don't recall seeing any option to check seat availability before payment when I booked the other day.

Cheers

TG

I don't recall seeing any option to check seat availability before payment when I booked the other day.

Cheers

TG

I agree, I booked with Qatar recently and did not see an option to select seats until after I had paid.

I have flown twice with Qatar, based on price. Their Business class flight from Doha to Sydney was "ordinary". Really poor quality food, lack of service. Totally disinterested flight attendants.

Economy class is packed, possibly due to their pricing, and again food is terrible, but the service seemed better.

I would not fly Qatar again, unless the price was much lower than competing airlines.

Qatar Prices for November just jumped £35 overnight. Thats consolidators and Qatar themselves.

Yep I noticed that.

I suspect its because the big operators have just finalised their seat block allocation . Prices will come back down when those seats they cant sell (and there will be a lot) are released probably end of July

I have a booking with Qatar in the summer and I just received an email sayng the Doho-Bangkok leg was leaving 15 minutes earlier,.

That had me worried as the connection was only about 55 mins anyhow. Looking into it I saw my landing in Doha would be 20 minutes sooner....huh how did they do that?

Aircraft change, QR028 will be using the Dreamliner.

Actually pleased to be trying out the 787 as I haven't yet flown on one. Wish they would change the Doha-Bangkok flight to an A380 instead of that noisy cart, the 777ER.

Edited by jacko

I have a booking with Qatar in the summer and I just received an email sayng the Doho-Bangkok leg was leaving 15 minutes earlier,.

That had me worried as the connection was only about 55 mins anyhow. Looking into it I saw my landing in Doha would be 20 minutes sooner....huh how did they do that?

Aircraft change, QR028 will be using the Dreamliner.

Actually pleased to be trying out the 787 as I haven't yet flown on one. Wish they would change the Doha-Bangkok flight to an A380 instead of that noisy cart, the 777ER.

When is your booking? My booking in May has got the A380 on both DOH - BKK (QR830) and BKK-DOH (QR833), but I think in June they reduce the number of A380 BKK flights again

Have a look over on http://www.routesonline.com/news/tagged/393/qatar-airways/ It's a good source for keeping an eye on schedule changes, or aircraft changes.

Since I made my booking on Xmas Eve I've been informed 3 times about arrival/departure time adjustments... I booked at a time when they were sorting out their summer 2017 schedule changes.

When is your booking? My booking in May has got the A380 on both DOH - BKK (QR830) and BKK-DOH (QR833), but I think in June they reduce the number of A380 BKK flights again

Have a look over on http://www.routesonline.com/news/tagged/393/qatar-airways/ It's a good source for keeping an eye on schedule changes, or aircraft changes.

Since I made my booking on Xmas Eve I've been informed 3 times about arrival/departure time adjustments... I booked at a time when they were sorting out their summer 2017 schedule changes.

Mid July, it is actually an awards ticket.