Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

hi, new to here and not finished looking around, just wondering if its easy enough just to get a flight out and walk in and book? i have never been anywhere before so i dont know how it works, also any cheap recommendations appreciated

Edited by nozza

There is no problem walking in and booking an hotel.

Your problem is that you are required to fill in address in Thailand on immigration form so you need to pre book 1st night at least.

There is a lot of 'cheap' rooms/ hotels but many give good rates if you stay for 1 month etc.

also what area do you want to stay in?

expect to pay 700 bahts per nice in nice room

or less than 10000 per month.

again depending what area you want

Ok I think the best place for you to start is Soi Bukahow or soi Leng kee and stay at probably J P Court for your first trip ist handy to food laundry and entertainment. Agoda and look for deals if you want less hassle of walking around in the heat. Ok lets move back to your trip start at the airport if you want to keep the costs down get the Ruan bus from the floor below arrivals it will cost you single journey from the airport to Pattaya Klang 130 bht appx 2nd stop where you then get a bhat bus or motorbike taxi to your hotel cost you between 80-100 bht. So you have spent 230 bht appx as opposed to a taxi of between 1000 and 1500 bht and will get you there just as quick. Save me looking it up as I have the flu at present google bus from airport to Pattaya and it will throw you up the web site where you can check your arrival times see if it fits in with that of the bus.Main thing is enjoy your holiday

20 years ago I could see some reasoning in not booking in advance but with today's online booking services like agoda, personally, I don't see the point of walk ins unless you already have a base booked for 2 days then search from there.If you have no time at home you will have at least 1 hour after checkin to find something on line..

I also wonder what the people that do walk in bookings write on their arrival cards "Hotel California, Anybar, Pattaya." ??

My advice is book something based in Soi Buakhao for a few days on agoda.com (MM will probably post a link on here to use). Then wander around to your hearts content finding something that suits you.

20 years ago I could see some reasoning in not booking in advance but with today's online booking services like agoda, personally, I don't see the point of walk ins unless you already have a base booked for 2 days then search from there.If you have no time at home you will have at least 1 hour after checkin to find something on line..

I also wonder what the people that do walk in bookings write on their arrival cards "Hotel California, Anybar, Pattaya." ??

My advice is book something based in Soi Buakhao for a few days on agoda.com (MM will probably post a link on here to use). Then wander around to your hearts content finding something that suits you.

Good idea...

Using this AGODA link gives a small commission to the running of the forum and helps keep it going...

Here is the link https://www.agoda.com/city/pattaya-th.html?cid=1655045

To be sure, online booking of a night or two, in advance, makes a lot of sense. Still, if you insist on just showing up, you can almost always find a place except, perhaps, over the big holiday periods like Christmas and New Years. Sometimes, hotels can be entirely booked.

Usually, for a longer trip, I book a few days in Bangkok, in advance. I stay there for a while because of the jet lag. I'm totally worthless for about three or four days, at least, after a long flight and because of the change in time zones.

Edited by js007

Your problem is that you are required to fill in address in Thailand on immigration form so you need to pre book 1st night at least.

If anyone wants to do a "walk-in", my advice would be to find the name and address of a potential hotel and put that on the Immigration form.

Who is to say that the address requested is a firm booking rather than an aspiration?

If anyone wants to do a "walk-in", my advice would be to find the name and address of a potential hotel and put that on the Immigration form.

Who is to say that the address requested is a firm booking rather than an aspiration?

some farang got 2000 baht fine for not staying at the address where they claimed to be staying

some farang got 2000 baht fine for not staying at the address where they claimed to be staying

While I am not doubting you heard that, and perhaps even know first hand someone that happened to, I assure you that enforcement of the address on the arrival card is rare as hen's teeth.

I never fill in an address, and only put Pattaya, Chonburi on my arrival card. Never have been asked for more detail.

On the Oz/USA/UK "Immigration Border Guard" TV programmes they show passengers getting punished for not telling the truth on their immigration cards and here we are promoting it just because TIT..........

When the BIL and sis in law last went to Thailand for a holiday (last year) he was told by immigration he needed to put a full address on the card not just Pattaya and Chaiyaphum.

I don't think you will problem with walking in and booking a room but you may have to pay more

per night for the room, a lot of the Hotels are cheaper if you book on line.

I shall be arriving on Saturday and was just going to walk in to a Hotel, but then I took a quick look on Adoda and booked myself in for 1 night, just to save a bit of hassle after a long flight If I like the place then I can negotiated a 3 week stay rate if they have a room for that long. If not, I can get up early and have walk about and see what is available and maybe do a deal. Most places would rather give you a discount in the knowledge that you are going to stay for a while rather than just a couple of nights as it is better to have a room occupied. Although this time of the year is still considered High season, from what I have heard there are still plenty of vacancies now as many of the Xmas /New year visitors have gone back home.

I was surprised when last year I used a booking site and then compared the price asked for by the hotel itself. The booking site was cheaper and also had specials like free breakfast etc. Nothing wrong with booking in for a couple of days for a look round but don't forget that if you don't use the booking site it may well cost you.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I usually stay in "my"! (well I bought it....but it belongs to the ex wife!) house.........I always book a few days each trip in a hotel though..I always book them online...as sometimes you get some stupidly low prices for them!

• 6 years later...