Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

If youre doing your hotel booking via any of the online agencies please ensure you check if the price includes all the taxes as the prices can be very deceptive.

Yes add 17% to the overall cost and also watch Agoda in their pricing ! my advice look at the cost of the room per night add your 17% to it and you will find Agoda is always 30 or so bht more expensive. I have tackled them in the past once they waffled about different exchange rates and so on the last time they gave me a monitory refund as a good will gesture. All I will say is that aprt from this I have never had any problems with them.

Edited by oldone
  • 2 months later...

Another Agoda issue : The discounts they seem to offer are almost always non existing.

Just checked the prices for Areca Lodge rooms and Agoda seems to quote high season christmas prices and offers a reduction in price that equals the low season prices that the hotel offers directly on their website.

Very dubous.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I hate Agoda with all the tax bollocks, a mate always uses them but I always get cheaper.

I tend to use Hotel. Com which seems the most competitive plus you get a free night for every 10 so it makes it 10% cheaper overall. You have to have had the 10 nights before you claim the freebie but having had 2 decent holidays last year and booking another mates rooms I will get 5 free nights this time round

I too use mostly hotels. com to book; I've two free nights recently. The nights are sort of an average of the cost of the ten nights booking it takes to recieve a 'free' night. One night was 1170 baht towards a room and the other free night was 1751 baht towards a nights booking.