Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I don't think very many people would argue when I say that Perth is a beautiful city but it is also an expensive place to live.

I have found that dental work is much cheaper in Thailand so I keep an eye on the airfares to see how it fits with my budget.

At the moment Jet star is offering the following fares which are as cheap as I have ever seen.

jet star.jpg

You might need to be flexible on the dates but these fares were from March 8th to March 14th.

I just need to conform with my dentist and book the flights

jet star.pdf

Edited by graymatter
  • Upvote 2

With a 5 - 6 hour stop over in Singapore each way is it worth saving the money instead of flying direct with Thai

Thai airways have quoted the $712 for the same trip so the saving is $450 which is significant to me.

Thai airways have quoted the $712 for the same trip so the saving is $450 which is significant to me.

But how much will jetstink charge you for luggage and booking a seat and also credit card fees to them for the booking.

But how much will jetstink charge you for luggage and booking a seat and also credit card fees to them for the booking.

My experience is that it's not all that much, 1% for credit card fee and if you have a JetStar branded Master Card there is no fee.

Checked Baggage fee is nominal if you declare/arrange it on booking, similar with seat selection.

It would be surprising if it totaled more than another $100.

But if you wait until check-in to realize you need Baggage and subject yourself to Excess Baggage Fees then you deserve the reaming you are going to get.

• Upvote 1

Thai $712 Jet Star $262 saving $450 less $100 each way if you require luggage and a meal saving now $250 on the return ticket. 5 to 6 hours in Singapore airport will see you buying meals and drinks at airport price will soon eat into this savings and you still have the inconvenience of a long stop over each way.

Thai $712 Jet Star $262 saving $450 less $100 each way if you require luggage and a meal saving now $250 on the return ticket. 5 to 6 hours in Singapore airport will see you buying meals and drinks at airport price will soon eat into this savings and you still have the inconvenience of a long stop over each way.

$50/hr. Many will sit around hungry to save $250.....

My pal went to the airport 7 hours early to save the small difference between the last bus and a taxi! When I suggested he would need some local currency to buy some food or drink at the airport during that long wait he looked at me as if I was mad to suggest such!

Personally I pay a shit load more to sit in the premium lounges drinking little bottles of beer and eating tiny sandwiches!

I don't think very many people would argue when I say that Perth is a beautiful city but it is also an expensive place to live.

I have found that dental work is much cheaper in Thailand so I keep an eye on the airfares to see how it fits with my budget.

At the moment Jet star is offering the following fares which are as cheap as I have ever seen.

attachicon.gifjet star.jpg

You might need to be flexible on the dates but these fares were from March 8th to March 14th.

I just need to conform with my dentist and book the flights

Just checked the price again and it's gone up to $519 for the same times, Pity I was keen to book the tickets.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked and paid for a Thai airways return flight Mel BKK 22 April-9May at $745.

They are adverting specials:

http://www.thaiairways.com/en_AU/plan_my_trip/Special_fare/Offers_Booking/NYSaleTH.page?

Very difficult (well, I couldn't find them!) to locate the day/flight times of the lowest mentioned fares (and I visited a travel agent who looked up various date/times and there is very limited seats reserved at the low prices (ie 1 - 3), but plenty of seats at the higher prices).

Yay for me!

I booked a Perth-Bangkok return on Thai airways through Bestjet.com for $578 - that is cheap as...

Kev, have you travelled yet? If so, what was your experience with them?

They get some very negative press:

http://www.smh.com.au/business/consumer-affairs/budget-airfare-website-bestjet-accused-of-misleading-customers-20160622-gpp6n5.html

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/bestjet-com.html

No haven't travelled with them before but I think the negative press mainly relates to if you want to make changes to your tickets. A few hours after I booked they sent the e-tickets which I checked on the Thai website and they were confirmed. Only thing negative I found so far is seat selection is at check in, which is no major drama.

A friend of mine flew with the bestjet deal yesterday and she had no problems.