Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

On my last visit a few months ago,the CD and DVD pirates on the 4th Floor were either shut down or only displaying legal stock...all the computer software was gone. There had been a heavy police raid and no pirate material was available.

Is this still the case? Are the pirates still there but hiding the stock? Or have they moved to the newish Harbour Mall on Klang?

I can get what I want off EBay, but only as a digital download and at a higher price. I really want a hard copy on a disc.

Can anyone confirm its business as usual for the pirates?

Thanks!

I was just at Tuk Com yesterday. Yes there are shops that still sell it. I was looking around and had almost every computer program you would want.

• Upvote 1

I was just at Tuk Com yesterday. Yes there are shops that still sell it. I was looking around and had almost every computer program you would want.

Thank you! Great news!!

The police must have been paid off,or are not being pressed to enforce infringements by those higher up the chain.

It would be good to get some feedback on the quality of the software sold at Tucom and if there are any problems with it. I am using an open office application for instance but would rather use MS Office if the quality was good. What would you expect to pay for a copy from Tucom?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

It would be good to get some feedback on the quality of the software sold at Tucom and if there are any problems with it. I am using an open office application for instance but would rather use MS Office if the quality was good. What would you expect to pay for a copy from Tucom?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Years ago I bought a pirate copy of Photoshop in Tukcom.

I went back to the hotel room to load in on my laptop but the promised text file with the registration numbers was not on the CD.

Back to the shop and after a short wait while he disappeared (downloading more crap I guess) and I get another disc.

Back to the room and the registration numbers were there so I started to install the program, but the virus checker went mental with the range of viruses on the disc...

Project abandoned.

• Upvote 1

, but the virus checker went mental with the range of viruses on the disc...

Project abandoned.

You have to be very careful with pirated software. Disconnect from the Internet, then scan it like hell with every virus-detection program known to man. There's often a lot of really nasty stuff on pirated software discs.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 1

You have to be very careful with pirated software. Disconnect from the Internet, then scan it like hell with every virus-detection program known to man. There's often a lot of really nasty stuff on pirated software discs.

Evil

:devil

Agree, but unfortunately pretty much all Anti Virus programs also create false alerts when they scan some Software crack programs.

You cant trust the crack generators, but you also cant trust the Anti Virus Software ...

I tend to buy legitimate Software or use Open Source.

I've purchased a few programmes from Tukcom,and have always enjoyed a clean installation and good following performance.

One CD got the anti-virus guard agitated,but as Sunny V says,it was the key-gen (serial number crack machine)that caused the alert,as the AV protect software reads the key-gen incorrectly as a virus.

In my experience,if you have a crack code available without using the key-gen,(on a read-me file on the disc) or a paste-and-replace bit of code,then all is well.