Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I don't know how many know but Sihanoukville (KOS) airport is open, you can book a

flight from Bangkok to Sihanoukville (KOS) airport now.

Edited by Olded
  • Upvote 2

I don't know how many know but Sihanoukville (KOS) airport is open, you can book a

flight from Bangkok to Sihanoukville (KOS) airport now.

That has to be safer than some crazy taxi ride.

Am I right in thinking that the place was flying for a while then closed down for safety reasons! That was perhaps 7/8 years ago so they may have got it right by now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I don't have any near term interest in going to Sihanoukville. Also, I'm trying to control my OCD, but I can't help but observe that no one has bothered to provide a link or name a carrier.

I don't have any near term interest in going to Sihanoukville. Also, I'm trying to control my OCD, but I can't help but observe that no one has bothered to provide a link or name a carrier.

Hope this helps:

http://www.kos.aero/en/flight-info/flight-search#anchor

I looked into flights to KOS some time ago. Many connect through SAI or PNH with long layovers. On top of that, most flights are on an MA60, which I refuse to board. Flights are $350 to $450. There are a couple direct flights, but if I recall correctly, they were cost prohibitive, $800 to $1,100.

Bayon Air has a RT flight PNH to KOS for a little over $100, but it connects through REP and is again on an MA60, which is a no go for me.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/a-tarnished-turboprop-clouds-chinas-aviation-dream-1458506181

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The Chinese have said they are effectively going to make Snooky a Chinese specific resort and are, I am told, actively buying up anything they can in and around Snooky.

It must then follow that they will make bloody sure the authorities upgrade the airport to a decent standard

The Chinese have said they are effectively going to make Snooky a Chinese specific resort and are, I am told, actively buying up anything they can in and around Snooky.

It must then follow that they will make bloody sure the authorities upgrade the airport to a decent standard

I posted elsewhere how China was effectively using money to control, strategic assets around the world, including the port at Darwin, and in Sri Lanka. They offer these poorer countries development wrapped up with a loan and when these countries can't pay back force them to hand over rights to national assets. (They even copy the 99 year lease idea Britain used for the New Territories of Hong Kong) Of course lending to these countries is like lending to a Thai brother in law.

Edited by jacko