Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Foreign Criminals in Thailand

Yet again you show a distinct lack of a sense of humour!!!

What's funny about a guy who follows me from thread to thread spouting the same thread fuck?

This paragraph is confusing, if not troubling...

What kind of officials would advise a person on bail for a pending criminal charge to leave the country?

Ones that wanted to keep the bail bond???

Edited by jacko

Some of the comments that have been written in the past 24 hours are funny as fuck!

Not the sort of guy to take the piss out of!

Newspapers in the UK now stating that the dead guy was running a Boiler room scam and scamming millions from UK and Ozzie people.

It also says his wife was totally oblivious to his work. Oh REALLY ????

Newspapers in the UK now stating that the dead guy was running a Boiler room scam and scamming millions from UK and Ozzie people.

It also says his wife was totally oblivious to his work. Oh REALLY ????

Well she is Thai. Other than daily som tam, not much gets their attention until it is time for ATM exercise.

Well she is Thai. Other than daily som tam, not much gets their attention until it is time for ATM exercise.

So you dont thnk a wife is going to bother to ask where hundreds of thousands of Thai Baht, Ozzie dollars or UK sterling is coming from ??

Are you married ??

So you dont thnk a wife is going to bother to ask where hundreds of thousands of Thai Baht, Ozzie dollars or UK sterling is coming from ??

Are you married ??

I don't know the victim's wife other than the recent news reports and she seems pretty oblivious to her husband's dealings. I think that is not atypical for Thai women. I know there can be exceptions such as Drew Noyes who often worked his scams through his Thai partner of the moment.

I am married and to a Thai. She has almost no understanding or interest in the financial side of the marriage.

I don't know the victim's wife other than the recent news reports and she seems pretty oblivious to her husband's dealings. I think that is not atypical for Thai women. I know there can be exceptions such as Drew Noyes who often worked his scams through his Thai partner of the moment.

I am married and to a Thai. She has almost no understanding or interest in the financial side of the marriage.

Mrs Fiend is the same, she hasn't a clue how much I earn and her only cares are about having money to buy food and being able to having enough money to send to Thailand for her to pay the mortgage on the house and family, money which she earns from working....

I tend to agree with the above sentiments, Mrs Butch works and earns, but back when I was supporting her she did scrutinise every penny going out (as we didn't really have a pot to piss in) , but never asked a question as to where it came from (not that it came from any nefarious sources, apart from the occasional "bonus").

Are you married ??

I have to say my 'wifey' doesn't inquire along those lines!

Edited by jacko

As said before, it's not unusual for the Thai partner/wife not to know much if anything about income sources of the male partner.

My Thai wife has no idea of what my finances are. On the other hand, I don't know anything about her finances either. She farms about 65 rai and works part time for the electric company. I have no idea how much she makes and I don't care. I do know that she has a mortgage at the bank and as soon as one mortgage is paid off, she buys more land.

She farms about 65 rai and works part time for the electric company.

65 rai = 26 acres. How can she have time to work even part time? She must have some number of people who work the land.

Question: Is share cropping done in Thailand (ie, farmers rent their land, rather than own it outright)?

65 rai = 26 acres. How can she have time to work even part time? She must have some number of people who work the land.

Question: Is share cropping done in Thailand (ie, farmers rent their land, rather than own it outright)?

Much of the rice and corn grown in Isaan is via share cropping.

Some years ago and before she started working for the electric company, she farmed about 20 rai herself. She and other Thai women worked each other's farms. I always thought it was odd that it was only the women who worked in the fields.

It finally got to be too much for her and now most of the land is sharecropped. They do that two different ways. If they share the planting expenses and fertilizer, it is a half and half deal. If the share cropper pays for everything, it is two thirds with one third going to the land owner. That is for rice. Sugar cane works a little different. Normally my wife takes care of the planting, herbicide and fertilizer and then sells it standing for a set negotiated price. The buyer does the harvesting. The second way is that the sharecropper rents the land by the rai. Rent per rai is not very popular and involves several years. They get between three and four yearly cuttings before replanting. The wife has dozed most of the rice paddy dikes and converted to sugar cane. More money and less work. Well over half is now sugar cane.

• Upvote 2

. The wife has dozed most of the rice paddy dikes and converted to sugar cane. More money and less work. Well over half is now sugar cane.

If you think harvesting sugar cane is less work you either have a machine ( which doesn't mean more money) or you have never been involved when it is done by hand....It is by far the worst job on "the farm"...

If you think harvesting sugar cane is less work you either have a machine ( which doesn't mean more money) or you have never been involved when it is done by hand....It is by far the worst job on "the farm"...

That's exactly why she sells it standing and the guy who buys it does the cutting. There are a few cane harvesters around but the small fields around here are far too small to use a harvester. AND, no, I have never cut sugar cane but my wife did up until a couple years ago. I watched. At 49 years old, there is now too much pain involved. She has a small patch of her own to cut and she has been putting it off. :bhappy

My Thai wife in Sisaket has a small shop at her house, a small restaurant that isn't making any money since the passing of the king, and a small farm which grows only rice. As the return for rice out there is only 8 baht per kilo, it wasn't worth even planting any this past year.

(Sorry about the continued off-topic post)

Edited by yorta2