Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Question on Cathay Pacific Seating

Has anybody been in a far back row in coach ? I booked my trip in Aug and as I was looking at the seating lay out it looked as though the very back 3/4 rows have only 2 seats on each side instead of 3 like the rest of the aircraft I for one would not mind being in the back of the plane if indeed there was that much room any board members bin there done that ?

Soi 7,

I used to go for the back three rows on Thai.  The drawbacks were watching the big screen movie was a waste of time, last off the plane in BKK and the queue of folks to the toilets.  Obviously on Cathay they have seat back TVs so the first point is mute, If you change aircraft in HK the second point is mute - so the only issue is folks queing for the toilets.  I found that it was worth it just to avoid the claustrophobic feeling further forward on the aircraft.

Regards,

Tom

Soi 7, the best seat IMHO on Cathay is the emergency exit bulk head. Only 2 seats and the other is for the flight attendant. Once the plane takes off the attemdant leaves you doesn't come back until the plane is going to land. Cheers,

B-Man!

Soi 7

Yes those are good seats, I have sat in them before, but always ask at check-in to get the exit asile bulkhead seat, the airline cannot reserve them ahead of time as they must make sure you meet FAA standards to sit in these seats. Cathay is a great airline with ind. monitors for each seat on my last filght and alot of programming.

Gammon

Soi7,

Some other good seats on Cathay are the ones directly behind business class.  Plenty of leg room because there is no one in front of you and your the first one in coach to get off the plane.

Emil

Thanks for taking the time to answer regarding those seats I have booked For Aug 22- Sept 2nd I just can not keep away. When you return we should get together with SF Dude and swap stories and Photos Giveum hell for me............