Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

where can I buy an ELECTRIC ALARM CLOCK.

Get one with batteries.

TIT

I have had mine for over three years and haven't replaced the batteries yet.

Actually, the mobile phone idea works fine.

Uh...you posted this in the "Secure" forum....?

Little Roy

Edited by laffnliv

It's now been moved.

Bering in mind how often the power trips out here (mine went this afternoon), means your electric clock would be less reliable than a battery clock.

However, in answer to your question, most of the large department shops will sell them, they're not hard to find.

KM

• Upvote 1

What about using your mobile phone?

KM

Its got batteries!!!!

• Upvote 1

It's now been moved.

Bering in mind how often the power trips out here (mine went this afternoon), means your electric clock would be less reliable than a battery clock.

However, in answer to your question, most of the large department shops will sell them, they're not hard to find.

KM

My thoughts exactly...... He'd be better off with a battery powered one.

My thoughts exactly...... He'd be better off with a battery powered one.

I have bought several here but they were shite, either too quiet or didn't keep time. I bought one in UK two years ago in a pound shop, a proper dingalingaling one, does the job brilliantly.

• Upvote 1

How come everybody on here thinks that battery powered clocks are not electric? :rolleyes:

Perhaps they did not wish to appear pedantic? :whistling:

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 4

Central Festival on the 4th fl, Tukcom has them on the first floor, also the Soi Bukhao open market near Tukcom, Mike's Mall on 2nd Rd and any Big C.

Evil

:devil:

Perhaps they did not wish to appear pedantic? :whistling:

What's pedantic about something so simple that it still was above too many people on here? A non-electric one would be a wind-up one, which also avoids the shortfalls in Pattaya electric companies.

Must be that time of year...I was on Soi Buakhao yesterday by the market and the leccy was off for an hour or so......and today it has dropped 3 times here in the slums for about 15 minutes a time...

Edited by Bullfrog

What's pedantic about something so simple that it still was above too many people on here? A non-electric one would be a wind-up one, which also avoids the shortfalls in Pattaya electric companies.

Well the title specifically excluded wind-up by stating 'electric' as did the first post......perhaps a sun dial with a wind-up as back-up for cloudy days?

Edited by jacko

I have bought several here but they were shite, either too quiet or didn't keep time. I bought one in UK two years ago in a pound shop, a proper dingalingaling one, does the job brilliantly.

So did I. I had it for ages and the battery would last a couple of years.

When I bought it I did not expect it to last three months. It gave up the ghost after about six years.

There are two clock/watch shops at the end of Soi Beukhow close to Pattaya Klang, the one on the right being the one with the largest choices.

However, since the OP hasn't even bothered to come back and acknowledge the effort put in by other members or clarify why electric only is his preferred option, I won't be contributing anymore to this thread. He can go out and look for himself now.

KM

• Upvote 1