Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 239 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Good Movies / TV Shows

We had the season finale of TWD Monday. Quite the anticlimax IMO, poorly scripted and not a very well structured episode.

With these kind of programmes I tend to cut a bit of slack when it comes to the storyline and plot, but the plot holes in this episode were pretty much beyond belief.

The quality of the writing of TWD has declined IMO. Back when we had the "terminus" episodes and pre / post governor it was an enjoyable series, and to be honest I'm pretty much done with this now, it's going nowhere and as it is now taking a direction away from the comics, perhaps it's time to skip S8 unless reviews improve.

Black sails continues to impress. My one gripe about the series is that as far as I'm aware, pirates didn't have such wonderful white and perfect teeth as they seem to have in this representation.

MM thanks for that link, damn fine work if I may say so.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HBO announced the Deadwood movie premieres May 31, 2019 !!! https://www.hbo.com/deadwood/movie-what-to-know-so-far  

I had a few days of business in Las Vegas this week.  So we headed out early last Friday, 19 to spend a nice weekend where it is warm (been unseasonably cold here in S Cal the last few months.  Barely

Here's another Thai advert, notice the guy has a bottle of fish sauce next to his rice, one of the simple meals poor people eat.  

Posted Images

No spoilers MLC, i'm still on S02, I've actually had to go back to the start because all of a sudden Mrs Butch wants to watch it!.

I saw Hacksaw Ridge yesterday. All I can say is that it is well worth a look, I found it well acted, well paced and well directed. Maybe Vince Vaughn was trying to be too much like Gunnery Sgt Hartmann from FMJ, but my friend assures me a majority of Drill Sgt's are like that anyway.

• Upvote 1

No spoilers MLC, i'm still on S02, I've actually had to go back to the start because all of a sudden Mrs Butch wants to watch it!.

I saw Hacksaw Ridge yesterday. All I can say is that it is well worth a look, I found it well acted, well paced and well directed. Maybe Vince Vaughn was trying to be too much like Gunnery Sgt Hartmann from FMJ, but my friend assures me a majority of Drill Sgt's are like that anyway.

I gave none and I wouldn't. I only stated it was on TV this weekend. So are all seasons of Black Sails. I believe today is the last day. I have three episodes to go.

Edited by midlifecrisis
  • Upvote 1

Well Westworld has turned into a big bore for me despite the odd bit of gratuitous nudity.

Surprised to see Anthony Hopkins wasting his abilities.

Thanks for keeping me on 'Breaking Bad'. MLC, it has picked up.

Edited by jacko

Yes, i am right up to date with season 2 and enjoying it.

Just finished season 2 last night. Fast paced dialog, a look into complex financial moves... I'll watch season 3.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just finished season 2 last night. Fast paced dialog, a look into complex financial moves... I'll watch season 3.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Correction...just finished episode 8 of season 2...more to come.

I honestly thought it was finished and left hanging for next season. I'm happy to see that I was wrong.

My wife and I watched the first season of Billions. We have been holding off on season 2. Excellent show.

We just finished the latest season (6?) of Homeland. I feel Homeland is by far one of the best shows on TV.

My wife and I watched the first season of Billions. We have been holding off on season 2. Excellent show.

We just finished the latest season (6?) of Homeland. I feel Homeland is by far one of the best shows on TV.

Good setup for next season too!

Watched Live By Night and I liked it. I like the gangster genre and this I would grade B.

I also watched Lion with Dev Patel. It has an interesting story but the spent far too much time on adults dealing with their emotional issues. It dragged on for me. I would give it a C grade.

If anyone gets a chance to watch BBC i Player then check out the recent 3 part series of Decline and Fall based on the novel by Evelyn Waugh. It is brilliantly funny in a dark , unsympathetic, and is quintessentially British. Brilliant

If anyone gets a chance to watch BBC i Player then check out the recent 3 part series of Decline and Fall based on the novel by Evelyn Waugh. It is brilliantly funny in a dark , unsympathetic, and is quintessentially British. Brilliant

BBC IPlayer is getting difficult, it is able to recognize I am out of the UK, despite my using a VPN and UK 'resident' server.

Yes I have 'cleared the 'cookies'.

I am actually just trying to watch their video clips of the snooker.

Season 1, Episodes 1-3 appear to be available with Kodi.

Black Sails finished recently.........

Worth a look.

Sent me to the history books to read up on the historical characters mixed into the Long John Silver fiction.

Might get round one day to reading 'Treasure Island' Thankfully the series spared us Billy Bones' first ever recorded rendition of 'Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum' but mixed history and fiction in a Flashman'esque way.

Some sexy women too.

Black Sails finished recently.........

Worth a look.

Sent me to the history books to read up on the historical characters mixed into the Long John Silver fiction.

Might get round one day to reading 'Treasure Island' Thankfully the series spared us Billy Bones' first ever recorded rendition of 'Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum' but mixed history and fiction in a Flashman'esque way.

Some sexy women too.

I agree. A great blend of history and fiction.