Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Good Movies / TV Shows

Quick yarn about Ian Mcshane. He found some small fame by playing the part of a loveble rogue antiques dealer in a (locally to me) filmed TV series called "Lovejoy" back in the 90's. My dear old Mum loved him so much she would go along and watch it being filmed on location in varying areas of Suffolk and even met him and some of the cast.

A few years later she noticed he was appearing in "deadwood" but didn't catch the series when it aired, however she downloaded the whole lot on her "Sky" box intending to binge watch it when it became available second time around.

I seem to recall the look of shock on her face when his character made it's first appearance...

Why? Was it because he was looking older and more dissolute than in her early experience? Or was it the excellent perverse role they had given him?

He did love his blowjobs :P

He was terrific in Deadwood. The first few episodes drove my wife crazy - "Cowboys didn't swear" she moaned...in her mind cowboys of the old west just did not swear. She eventually became desensitized. By the time the Chinese character started with the "COCKSUCKER!" she would giggle uncontrollably.

Deadwood was an excellent program. Cinematography brilliant, writing poetic.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HBO announced the Deadwood movie premieres May 31, 2019 !!! https://www.hbo.com/deadwood/movie-what-to-know-so-far  

I had a few days of business in Las Vegas this week.  So we headed out early last Friday, 19 to spend a nice weekend where it is warm (been unseasonably cold here in S Cal the last few months.  Barely

Here's another Thai advert, notice the guy has a bottle of fish sauce next to his rice, one of the simple meals poor people eat.  

Posted Images

He was terrific in Deadwood. The first few episodes drove my wife crazy - "Cowboys didn't swear" she moaned...in her mind cowboys of the old west just did not swear. She eventually became desensitized. By the time the Chinese character started with the "COCKSUCKER!" she would giggle uncontrollably.

Deadwood was an excellent program. Cinematography brilliant, writing poetic.

Worst series shock was when it was suddenly cancelled with no denouement.

There's been regular discussion about resurrecting the series as a single movie to give it a conclusion. Cast commitments seem to be an issue.

I would like to see how it would have turned out.

Browsing the Rotten Tomatoes review site, I see that the Handmaid's Tale (from Hulu) has achieved 100% critical acclaim and a very high audience rating as well. I'm downloading it now, but won't be able to view it until I get through Line of Duty seasons 3 and 4.
It might be worth checking out 1f61b.png:P

Basic summary:Set in a dystopian future, a woman is forced to live as a concubine under a fundamentalist theocratic dictatorship.

• 5 weeks later...

My favorite shows, now on hiatus or finished with their final seasons, I started watching the BBC / Masterpiece Theater show Poldark through Amazon Prime. I watched the first five episodes of season one last night. It is not great but watchable...a bit melodramatic but has some good acting and some nice scenery.

Eleanor Tomlinson does not like to do nudity because screenshots get posted on the internet.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3672332/poldark-star-eleanor-tomlinson-refuses-to-do-nude-scenes-in-case-perverts-screenshot-them-to-post-on-the-internet/

I am not into redheads but I would make an exception in her case.

Edited by midlifecrisis
  • Upvote 1

Get ready chaps , GOT on the 17th.

I caught my fave western "unforgiven" again the other day. I keep forgetting how damn good that movie is.

My missus and I watched "Dangal" the other night and both enjoyed it immensely. It's a Punjabi based movie, with English subtitles produced by the Disney Corporation.

It's based on a true story about a father, a former wrestler at the national level in India, who longs for a son to carry on his wrestling abilities and achieve an international gold medal. Unfortunately, he has slow sperm, and only has girls, one after another, in spite of the spells and prayers suggested to him and his wife from the villagers.

He has an epiphany, which I will not disclose at this time, that changes the face of wrestling in India.

It's a "feel good" movie, not for cynics and other sour puss types, but if you like a well acted, heartwarming story, I think you will enjoy it.

I'd describe it as India's version of "Rocky".

I have seen a few movies on Netflix recently and will list them.

The Magnificent Seven - I like Denzel but this was horrible.

Life - Kind of dumb. Good special effects but bad writing.

Arrival - I liked the premise, the cast and had very few complaints.

Jack Reacher: Never Go back - not nearly as good as the first

Patriot's Day - I was leary of this one but I actually liked it. It put a lot of things in perspective.

Californication was very entertaining. I enjoyed it.

We recently watched the Night Manager on Amazon. Based on the John LeCarre novel. I believe this is the second production. This one set in Egypt and Europe. Sleek jet setting production. Pretty people. Very watchable!

https://www.amazon.com/The-Night-Manager-Season-1/dp/B01EIM5SCU

The Night Manager 2016
Season 1
Available on Prime
Available on Prime
91b3vwfY4kL._RI_SX200_.jpg
prime_logo_small-CB288975233._V507662128

Season 1 included with your Prime Subscription

More Purchase Options

The Night Manager is based on John le Carre's novel, ex-British soldier Jonathan Pine (Tom Hiddleston) is recruited by MI-6's Angela Burr (Olivia Colman) to infiltrate the inner circle of an arms trader named Richard Onslow Roper (Hugh Laurie).

• 2 weeks later...

From tonight: :smile:

32675827Valerian.jpg

Very fan of this French science fiction comics series in the 70s. An incredible universe.

For a 50 yo comics, it still looks very modern compared to today's movies, IMHO.

• Upvote 1

'Dunkirk'.

Memorable. Thought provoking.....Gripping.

Overlapping viewpoints of the same incidents..The human parallax. Underlying themes, one being simply waiting. 'Will I survive until the next tide, the next hour, next minute, the next few seconds? The twists of fate that turn winners into losers and losers become the winners. Courage, cowardice, compassion.

I usually walk out of cinemas having been entertained......... but the film's gone by the time I'm through the door. 'Dunkirk' got to me and stayed through the night.

Edited by atlas2

FMOVIES : https://fmovies.is/

I thought this site had been closed long ago for copyrights reasons, but just noticed it is still running now. It's allow you to watch movies in streaming on your PC, a little like a Kodi box.

I got routed to this page when I clicked on a movie image.

What's this mean?

Looks like some AIS has inserted itself into the movie watching.

I'm gonna try a VPN outside Thailand next.db2d4b2c9e5cb2c737e78bd82ca2cf8e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I got routed to this page when I clicked on a movie image.

What's this mean?

Humm... I don't know. I just used it on my PC and it was ok, but looks like you may need a good anti-virus and/or Ad-Block to avoid this kind of unwanted redirection... Unsure how this site behaves on a phone but this mobilelife.co.th seems very suspect to me :(

Sorry for that. Be careful.

Humm... I don't know. I just used it on my PC and it was ok, but looks like you may need a good anti-virus and/or Ad-Block to avoid this kind of unwanted redirection... Unsure how this site behaves on a phone but this mobilelife.co.th seems very suspect to me :(

Sorry for that. Be careful.

Yeah, I passed on clicking accept, especially since there were no TACS available to read.

I tried a German VPN site and again was redirected but only got a 6 digit number in the upper left of the page.

I wonder what I infected the phone with (found nothing yet). I got some nasty pop-ups too but managed to get to the movies.

I still prefer to use the Minix and just managed to get my old box updated to 17.0 and Exodus back in function again (Phil posted it on Live).

Edited by Odense
  • 2 weeks later...

'Dunkirk'.

Memorable. Thought provoking.....Gripping.

Overlapping viewpoints of the same incidents..The human parallax. Underlying themes, one being simply waiting. 'Will I survive until the next tide, the next hour, next minute, the next few seconds? The twists of fate that turn winners into losers and losers become the winners. Courage, cowardice, compassion.

I usually walk out of cinemas having been entertained......... but the film's gone by the time I'm through the door. 'Dunkirk' got to me and stayed through the night.

I just finished reading Walter Lord’s “The Miracle of Dunkirk: The True Story of Operation Dynamo”. Lord’s recounting of what happened at Dunkirk gives a new meaning to “cluster fuck.”

I'm looking forward to watching the movie.

I just finished reading Walter Lord’s “The Miracle of Dunkirk: The True Story of Operation Dynamo”. Lord’s recounting of what happened at Dunkirk gives a new meaning to “cluster fuck.”

I'm looking forward to watching the movie.

Understandable. It was not an organized military operation. It was a bunch of courageous, patriotic amateurs.

They got the job done. That is the bottom line.

If you get Amazon. It is an original Amazon production of the Last Tycoon. Very well done. We really enjoyed it!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-last-tycoon-review-echoes-of-old-hollywood-1501190026

‘The Last Tycoon’ Review: Echoes of Old Hollywood

Amazon’s adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s unfinished novel is a stunning portrait of the 1930s.

BN-UL530_TVTYCO_GR_20170727140714.jpg
Kelsey Grammer as Pat Brady and Lily Collins as Celia Brady PHOTO: AMAZON PRIME VIDEO

By

Dorothy Rabinowitz

July 27, 2017 5:13 p.m. ET

It’s clear, early on, that this new adaptation of “The Last Tycoon” isn’t going to be the long-awaited faithful translation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel, unfinished at his death in 1940. It’s much better than that. After the first two hours, in fact, the echoes of Fitzgerald’s book grow ever dimmer as this powerhouse of a drama series rolls on with a voice all its own, its riveting picture not only of 1930s Hollywood but of America and Europe, too. It manages to wed all that to romance of a high order and also a low kind—this is a drama that pays exquisitely close attention to the matter of moguls and the women who serve them—and to scathing satire strikingly free of anything cartoonish. Which is why the film’s chief mogul, Pat Brady (a matchless Kelsey Grammer ), who clearly considers the available sex to be part of his job benefits, and who is, as well, capable of any brutality in order to keep his business afloat, is, nonetheless, a tremendously appealing character.

The Last Tycoon

Friday, Amazon

He can be softhearted—he hands money to the homeless at the Hooverville set up near his studio, while hating them for being there. But he’s prepared as well to accommodate the Nazis, who have strict prohibitions against anything in a Hollywood film that the Reich finds offensive. Any picture, for instance, in which a non-Jew is married to a Jew—a violation of the Nazi racial laws. That’s in addition to the requirement that all the studio’s Jews employed in Germany be fired. The demands are presented to Brady by a Reich representative, Dr. Gyssling, who carries a briefcase adorned with a shiny swastika and who is, in fact, based on an actual special consul from Germany in the ’30s. The Reich agent in the film has no trouble persuading studio heads to agree. Germany, Brady points out, is the second-largest world market for Hollywood.

Taking all this in is Brady’s supremely talented young producer, Monroe Stahr ( Matt Bomer ), who is, unlike his boss, exquisite looking—positively aglow with decency. Also, unlike Brady, he’s Jewish. Not that anyone would know from his name, which he changed in the interest of his career. He’d scarcely known his hardworking father, he confides, regretfully, several episodes on in a scene vibrant with contained emotion—a tone in which Mr. Bomer is wondrously skilled.

BN-UL607_TVTYCO_P_20170727160716.jpg
Rosemarie DeWitt as Rose Brady and Kelsey Grammer as Pat Brady PHOTO: AMAZON PRIME VIDEO

His character, Monroe, is a moralist, but a kind everyone can love and does. Monroe leads an immensely complicated life. In mourning for his beloved actress wife, who died in a fire, he finds solace, briefly, in an affair with Rose ( Rosemarie De Witt ), wife of his boss, a man with whom he has an even more complicated relationship. Ms. De Witt is stellar as Rose, heartbreakingly and cuttingly to the point about her need to continue the affair. Monroe wants out—everything about this violates his sense of propriety. Rose, like numerous others around him, is in love with Monroe, who is everything her husband is not—her husband being, as she informs him one night, in a biting summation, a man who takes sexual advantage of women who work for him, doesn’t mind impoverishing his employees, and traffics with Nazis.

BN-UL532_TVTYCO_P_20170727140903.jpg
Matt Bomer as Monroe Stahr and Lily Collins as Celia Brady PHOTO: AMAZON PRIME VIDEO

The sumptuous period detail here will invite comparisons to “Madmen,” but there’s infinitely more in this re-creation of an era than its fidelity to the look of things—though that look is, always, inescapably captivating, whether it’s of people hoping for a career in pictures, or of those, like the regally beautiful Margo Taft ( Jennifer Beals ), who already have one. A stardom so powerful she’s known to demand that any director wanting to work with her submit to having her measure his private parts. Then there’s the look, no less enthralling, of the actual old movie moguls as they traded, bargained and engaged in murderous competition, including blackmail threats like leaked scandals, involving some rival studio’s star. Here is MGM’s Louis B. Mayer, as portrayed, wickedly, by Saul Rubinek ; he bears no resemblance to Mayer but you get the picture, especially from the scene in which Mayer delivers a heartfelt funeral eulogy.

“The Last Tycoon”—from Billy Ray and Christopher Keyser, executive producers and writers—has, in addition to its looks, superb writing, wit and huge ambition, its grasp of the passionate political heart of the era. There are no dead spots.

Edited by BigusDicus