Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Good Movies / TV Shows

I watched 50 Shades Darker. I am not sure why. I didn't really like 50 Shades of Grey.

Mini Spoiler:

It is obvious from the ending that there will be a third movie.

Edited by midlifecrisis
  • Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HBO announced the Deadwood movie premieres May 31, 2019 !!! https://www.hbo.com/deadwood/movie-what-to-know-so-far  

I had a few days of business in Las Vegas this week.  So we headed out early last Friday, 19 to spend a nice weekend where it is warm (been unseasonably cold here in S Cal the last few months.  Barely

Here's another Thai advert, notice the guy has a bottle of fish sauce next to his rice, one of the simple meals poor people eat.  

Posted Images

I saw that and it must be some weird prejudice but I was seeing it now for a while and skipping by it.

Now that you have recommended it, I will give it an honest look.

It goes into the nitty gritty of how money-laundering is done, and for that alone, since it is so common here in Pattaya, it's an interesting topic.

Above and beyond the technical details of cleaning cash, it has a gripping story line where the "normal" family of the money launderer is confronted by the reality of the people they work for.

Good casting, good story in an not generally well-known vacation spot, with realistic action and quirky Ozark people...for me, it was quite easy to watch, and I hope there is a season 2, cause it definitely needs one.

Just happened on this one night when the missus was watching it with Thai audio (and Chinese subtitles). I found a USA release version that had English subtitles and watched it last night.

It was a blast!

Funny dialog, lots of special effects, overall, an engaging and entertaining movie. I gave it 8/10 easy for me, just because it was so enjoyable.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2017561/?ref_=login#_=_

Just discovered Spooks.......Old series.....Bit tense.

Funny how it is that I hate traitors more than I do the enemies.

Edited by atlas2

Watched season 1 of Ozark, released recently on Netflix...excellent!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5071412/?ref_=nv_sr_1

You just beat me to it, I watched the first 2 episodes and enjoyed them. Very similar in style to 'Breaking Bad'.

• Upvote 1

I watched 50 Shades Darker. I am not sure why. I didn't really like 50 Shades of Grey.

Mini Spoiler:

It is obvious from the ending that there will be a third movie.

Agreed. Bored middle-class housewives need to be entertained all over the world...

Watching Fortitude on Amazon Prime. I am about 5 episodes into season one and it isn't bad.

Have not seen a polar bear yet.

You must have dozed off during the beginning of the first episode lol, season 1 and 2 were good and hoping for further seasons to come.

You must have dozed off during the beginning of the first episode lol, season 1 and 2 were good and hoping for further seasons to come.

You are correct. When I went to bed last night I realized my error. Poor Pettigrew.

Finished season 1 of Fortitude. I am not certain I will watch season two. Perhaps when I have run out of other things to watch.

Started Ozark and MM picked a winner, although I have only seen episode one. It hits hard from the opening scene and does not let up.

Anybody else watching Manhunt: Unabomber? Three episodes in and am enjoying it so far.

Reminds me, slightly, of what I consider to be the best of the Hannibal Lector movies, Manhunter. Highly recommend it.

Anybody else watching Manhunt: Unabomber? Three episodes in and am enjoying it so far.

Reminds me, slightly, of what I consider to be the best of the Hannibal Lector movies, Manhunter. Highly recommend it.

Not yet but will. Old Ted went to Stanford which was near to where I grew up.

I have not checked any of these sites. Cnet can be a good source of information.

8 ways to watch movies online for free

Only the popcorn will cost you. Well, that and the internet connection for your phone, laptop or set-top box.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/watch-movies-online-for-free/?ftag=CAD3c77551&bhid=23860859715688000370063358693626

After four seasons, last night was the final episode of TURN: Washington’s Spies. I’m a big fan of books, movies, TV shows based on actual historical facts. Overall, the TV series was fairly consistent with historical facts although there were some dramatic liberties taken.

There aren’t too many TV shows like this so I’m going to miss it, but that weird melodious voice of the actor who played the British officer Simcoe will be forever stuck in my head (an ear worm) .

http://www.amc.com/shows/turn

• 4 weeks later...

I saw the pilot for "Tin Star" with Tim Roth, started out quite promising but the dialogue is a bit "mumbling" at times. Apparently people have been complaining about this in recent period dramas such as "Ripper Street" and others.

Not sure if available on netflix.

I also started watching "The Strain" which to be honest, was pretty weak in the first episode (I know it's a bit old now). Some of the acting was awful, along with a few glaring mistakes. I'm going to watch a couple more eps then see how it goes.

TWD returns next month for Se08. Should be good by all accounts.

The "mumbling" is well know from Danish TV shows. It happens when they record and USE the dialog from the actual scenes instead of redoing the dialog in a sound studio. While they often claim it is done for authenticity it is really a way to save money.

Sendt fra min ALE-L21 med Tapatalk

Baby Driver is one of the best movies that I've seen in 2017. Fast car chases, violent criminals, good music . . . the success formula for a guy's movie.

[video=youtube;D9YZw_X5UzQ&t=16s]

• Upvote 1