Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Good Movies / TV Shows

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HBO announced the Deadwood movie premieres May 31, 2019 !!! https://www.hbo.com/deadwood/movie-what-to-know-so-far  

I had a few days of business in Las Vegas this week.  So we headed out early last Friday, 19 to spend a nice weekend where it is warm (been unseasonably cold here in S Cal the last few months.  Barely

Here's another Thai advert, notice the guy has a bottle of fish sauce next to his rice, one of the simple meals poor people eat.  

Posted Images

Altered Carbon I've set to download. I'll check out Hard Sun, the trailer looks great and it's from the creator of Luther, another excellent drama series. Good call Patna, cheers!

• Upvote 1

Altered Carbon I've set to download. I'll check out Hard Sun, the trailer looks great and it's from the creator of Luther, another excellent drama series. Good call Patna, cheers!

You might also want to check The Looming Tower. I almost gave it a miss due to the subject but glad I changed my mind. Good show and excellent acting

• Upvote 1

I'd avoided 'The Brawl in Cell Block 99'........The title and the thumbnail on my Android screamed.......Another one of them......'Seen one seen 'em all films'

But after a recommendation I watched it yesterday.

I can't recall what I've seen Vince Vaughn in before but he's good in this.........Almost Clint like.

It is a, 'seen one seen 'em all film' but a very good one. Grab a beer, put your feet up........

PS......Just got back from the gym to watch the gay Super Bowl (the Oscars)........made a cuppa, put my feet up......Couldn't get through the opening monologue......It's always been saccharine, pandering shite.........but the politics, lapped up by the luvvies sickened me last year and they are at it again. Having lasted only 5 mins I can't criticise the whole show...maybe it gets better but......

Bring back Ricky Gervais.

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd avoided 'The Brawl in Cell Block 99'........The title and the thumbnail on my Android screamed.......Another one of them......'Seen one seen 'em all films'

But after a recommendation I watched it yesterday.

I can't recall what I've seen Vince Vaughn in before but he's good in this.........Almost Clint like.

It is a, 'seen one seen 'em all film' but a very good one. Grab a beer, put your feet up........

PS......Just got back from the gym to watch the gay Super Bowl (the Oscars)........made a cuppa, put my feet up......Couldn't get through the opening monologue......It's always been saccharine, pandering shite.........but the politics, lapped up by the luvvies sickened me last year and they are at it again. Having lasted only 5 mins I can't criticise the whole show...maybe it gets better but......

Bring back Ricky Gervais.

I enjoyed the first season of The Good Fight however the first two episodes of a second season work total crap due to the political agenda. No more of that shit for me

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Tapatalk

I enjoyed the first season of The Good Fight however the first two episodes of a second season were total crap due to the political agenda. No more of that shit for me

This one is a million miles from all the other TV series and films you guys are recommending.
Anyone with a big wet soft spot for pets, particularly dogs, might enjoy a damp eye.
It is about the veterinary practice of Professor Noel Fitzpatrick, in the UK, and called The Supervet.
Episodes are repetitive but some may enjoy a few of them....

There is even a website.

• Upvote 1

Recently watched 'Baby Driver' while confined to United's 12-hour slog in economy from Narita to Houston (at least it wasn't the overhead bin).

It was much different than I assumed from the title and one of the best movies I have seen recently.

I watched The Good Fight first season with an open mind. Meaning that I tried not to pay attention to the political agenda, the overused political correctness, the black issue and the whole works. Now comes season 2 and the whole show turns into an idiotic Trump bashing joke. I dedicate this post to Eddie, he'll have a lot of mileage on it...

• Upvote 1

Recently watched 'Baby Driver' while confined to United's 12-hour slog in economy from Narita to Houston (at least it wasn't the overhead bin).

It was much different than I assumed from the title and one of the best movies I have seen recently.

I read that there's already a "Baby Driver" sequel in production.

Last night we watched the first three episodes of a new Netflix Original Series, Collateral. Modern day detective story set in London (I think). Bloody good so far. A womanizing but nice guy MP, police, MI5, special ops military all involved in a convoluted plot still not clear.....

I have heard similar from 3 other people.

I used to enjoy 'Strike Back 'and was disappointed when it finished, (partly I think, because while shooting a BKK episode one of the main actors suffered a serious injury falling off the back of a tuc-tuc).......

I was thrilled when the re-boot season 6 was announced....BUT......it has been 'feminised' and turned to bollocks.

Anyone noticed this happening elsewhere? I'm not a fan but I've heard Star Wars is suffering a similar fate.

Edited by atlas2

I used to enjoy 'Strike Back 'and was disappointed when it finished, (partly I think, because while shooting a BKK episode one of the main actors suffered a serious injury falling off the back of a tuc-tuc).......

I was thrilled when the re-boot season 6 was announced....BUT......it has been 'feminised' and turned to bollocks.

Anyone noticed this happening elsewhere? I'm not a fan but I've heard Star Wars is suffering a similar fate.

Are you kidding, it is bloody everywhere. I sometimes feel I am being lectured to rather than watching fictional entertainment. Those supposedly historical dramas are stretching the credibility.

Hi

I recently watched "Black Panter" in The Avenue theatre,

and yesterday watched "Tomb Raider",

2 movies that I had no intention to go see,

but happened that I enjoyed both of them B)

Hi

I recently watched "Black Panter" in The Avenue theatre,

and yesterday watched "Tomb Raider",

2 movies that I had no intention to go see,

but happened that I enjoyed both of them B)

Agreed, have seen & enjoyed both too. Before Tomb Raider, I downloaded the 2 originals so that my TG knew the score (neither on Netflix, there's a surprise!). BP, I downloaded after the cinema as I wanted to see it again but didn't want to pay twice. :P

Last night we watched the first three episodes of a new Netflix Original Series, Collateral. Modern day detective story set in London (I think). Bloody good so far. A womanizing but nice guy MP, police, MI5, special ops military all involved in a convoluted plot still not clear.....

While I did enjoy the first episode, it has become a show full of stereotypes. BTW it is the 5th English crime story I watched in the past year or so that stars a woman detective, most of them single or abandoned or pregnant - watching Marcella simultaneously - then you get the gay female bishop with the illegal vietnamese refugee lover, a lesbian affair, then the Syrian refugees, who get detained, the disturbed - female - army officer with PTSD from the Iraq deployment, who gets abused by her boss, and who shoots the wrong guy by accident and the works, I stop here, don't want to do a spoiler... A little too much PC for one show. I much prefer Counterpart with the outstanding J.K. Simmons and Olivia Williams. It's a strange but enjoyable plot with good acting and a dark feel to it. There's also some tit flashing in each episode which is quite refreshing not only because I'm a perv but getting tired of people fucking all night with their bra on. It's just so unnatural...

• Upvote 1

Glad you liked it. I found it so awful, I walked out after about 30 minutes.

Fugitives (Profugos) 2011.

Series with subtitles. About a South American drug gang in Chile on the run from police and their own mafia. A bit grim but right up there with Breaking Bad. They all dislike each other but have to stick together to survive. Beats Narcos and El Chapo into a cocked hat.

If anyone likes a bit of comedy, Ricky Gervais' "Humanity" is on Netflix.

I'm not a great fan of RG, but in this he's lost his "nasal" sound and is actually very funny. Worth a watch if you're at a loose end.