Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Good Movies / TV Shows

Gave up on Krypton after 3 episodes..........Should I reconsider?

"The untold story of Superman's grandfather as he fights for justice on his home planet."

Just reading this was enough for me not to even bother. Guess I'm easily influenced...

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HBO announced the Deadwood movie premieres May 31, 2019 !!! https://www.hbo.com/deadwood/movie-what-to-know-so-far  

I had a few days of business in Las Vegas this week.  So we headed out early last Friday, 19 to spend a nice weekend where it is warm (been unseasonably cold here in S Cal the last few months.  Barely

Here's another Thai advert, notice the guy has a bottle of fish sauce next to his rice, one of the simple meals poor people eat.  

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Patrick Melrose.

The first episode was brilliant, the second one a bit less so. See, what the third brings. Also, the 60's theme is a bit overdone, especially at the credits. Don't watch it if you have an issue with drugs, either.

And Westworld is actually getting better. Tao Okamoto and Rinko Kikuchi is the latest episode

When does that start to happen? I watched SE02 Episodes 1-3 and it was like watching paint dry. Based on your post I just watched episode 4, and it was tedious!

When does that start to happen? I watched SE02 Episodes 1-3 and it was like watching paint dry. Based on your post I just watched episode 4, and it was tedious!

Episode 5, aired 2 days ago

I've just laboured my way through the 1st season of "Westworld". I found it quite surreal and confusing - pseudo-scientific claptrap interspersed with extremely graphic violence. Anybody willing to recommend season 2, and why?

Yes, it's far more explanatory and linear. Linear to a point obviously as there are still differing timelines going on, but I do recommend you give it a.......2nd try.

How sad am I......

Currently watching a UK TV series that lauds back to 1976!

And quite enjoying it...

The cast is like a Who's who of my Nations acting fraternity....

Any guesses.....?

How sad am I......

Currently watching a UK TV series that lauds back to 1976!

And quite enjoying it...

The cast is like a Who's who of my Nations acting fraternity....

Any guesses.....?

Jackanory?

I'm actually busier with watching TV than I usually am. Sunday is Westworld, Fear the Walking Dead, 90 Day Fiance and Naked and Afraid. Monday is Street Outlaws. Tuesday is The 100 and Thursday is Jersey Shore Family Vacation.

Not exactly a riveting line-up but I enjoy them. :party

Jackanory?

No, not Bill and Ben either......

No, not Bill and Ben either......

Bill said to Ben: 'Flobadobablop"

Ben said to Bill: 'If you love me Bill you'd swallow that.'

On subject

Is it 'Torchwood?'

Is it 'Torchwood?'

That wasn't on TV in 1976!!!!

I'm actually busier with watching TV than I usually am. Sunday is Westworld, Fear the Walking Dead, 90 Day Fiance and Naked and Afraid. Monday is Street Outlaws. Tuesday is The 100 and Thursday is Jersey Shore Family Vacation.

Not exactly a riveting line-up but I enjoy them. :party

Currently binge watching The 100. Up to S4E09. Found season 1 to be just ok, but good enough to keep me watching additional seasons. Glad too as I thought season 2 & 3 were very good. Season 4 I'm withholding judgement until I watch the last episode.

I Claudius

Correctamundo as The Fonz wouild say.

Dated but good!

The Death of Stalin. If you were afflicted with an interest in Soviet area studies, much of the story is familiar but it it is played as a farce which, perhaps, is appropriate. Steve Buscemi is great as Khruschev.