Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Good Movies / TV Shows

23 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

I watched all 5 episodes of "Chernobyl" on the Muscat London sector on Oman air in December.......Never ever have I had flight go so quickly and the end credits on episode 5 detailing what happened to all the characters was very sobering. Estimates of those that died ranged from 4,000 to 93,000

The official figures are just.......31

If you havent seen it its a must watch. Its on Putlockers streaming site for free viewing

I really enjoyed the Chernobyl series, but you have to realize it is neither historically accurate nor scientifically accurate. They greatly exaggerated the danger. For some reason they pretended you can make a multi-megaton bomb from just melted metal and water. It's just not reality. They pretended a hole in your boot could kill you. This was not reality. They implied a pregnant woman could lose her baby because she was near someone with radiation burns....nope.

But despite all these times they took me out of the series to express some bullshit "science", I still very much enjoyed the movie/series. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HBO announced the Deadwood movie premieres May 31, 2019 !!! https://www.hbo.com/deadwood/movie-what-to-know-so-far  

I had a few days of business in Las Vegas this week.  So we headed out early last Friday, 19 to spend a nice weekend where it is warm (been unseasonably cold here in S Cal the last few months.  Barely

Here's another Thai advert, notice the guy has a bottle of fish sauce next to his rice, one of the simple meals poor people eat.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BeerBelly said:

I really enjoyed the Chernobyl series, but you have to realize it is neither historically accurate nor scientifically accurate. They greatly exaggerated the danger. For some reason they pretended you can make a multi-megaton bomb from just melted metal and water. It's just not reality. They pretended a hole in your boot could kill you. This was not reality. They implied a pregnant woman could lose her baby because she was near someone with radiation burns....nope.

But despite all these times they took me out of the series to express some bullshit "science", I still very much enjoyed the movie/series. 

lol greatly exaggerated the danger ??   Who the Russians originally or the Producers of the MinI Series  ??  If you referring to the producers it would appear the opposite from this screenshot

Dont forget the Russians to this day claim just....31

Screenshot_2020-01-05 estimated lives lost through chenobyl - Google Search.png

Edited by Rawhide2

"Messiah" streaming on Netflix. I liked it. Modern geopolitical overtones. 

I just started "Dracula". Episode one was very good. Atmospheric. Spooky at times. Reminded me in part of Coppola's film. Not having read the Stoker novel, perhaps this and that film were truer to the original intent. Don't expect a young Frank Langella in the title role.

11 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

lol greatly exaggerated the danger ??   Who the Russians originally or the Producers of the MinI Series  ??  If you referring to the producers it would appear the opposite from this screenshot

Dont forget the Russians to this day claim just....31

Screenshot_2020-01-05 estimated lives lost through chenobyl - Google Search.png

I'm specifically referring to them saying Europe would become uninhabitable after a 2-4 megaton explosion. First, no way to get a thermonuclear explosion from pouring molten radioactive metal into water. Second, a 4 megaton explosion would not render Europe uninhabitable.

"Messiah" streaming on Netflix. I liked it. Modern geopolitical overtones. 

I just started "Dracula". Episode one was very good. Atmospheric. Spooky at times. Reminded me in part of Coppola's film. Not having read the Stoker novel, perhaps this and that film were truer to the original intent. Don't expect a young Frank Langella in the title role.

edit: episode 2 of Dracula was long and weired. At times I thought they were lampooning themselves. I will pass on the rest.

"Occupied" a Netflix series where Norway cuts off oil and gas, to become more climate friendly, but is then invaded by Russia (with approval from EU) in order to restore the energy flow.

It is good political thriller, tapping well into the current political climate.

Season 3 somewhat disappointing, with a focus on Russian interference in Norway’s election (and the US saying “yeah, so what”), but still one of the better offerings on Netflix.

Original idea by Jo Nesbo, author of the Harry Hole crime thrillers.

8 hours ago, BeerBelly said:

I'm specifically referring to them saying Europe would become uninhabitable after a 2-4 megaton explosion. First, no way to get a thermonuclear explosion from pouring molten radioactive metal into water. Second, a 4 megaton explosion would not render Europe uninhabitable.

Won two Golden Globes last night as well. Strangely all the websites vote it 9/10 on average for accuracy with the main fail being that the Communist style flats used in the main shots had UPVC windows !!

• 2 weeks later...

“Knives Out” with Daniel Craig, Ana De Armas, Michael Shannon and a bunch of other fine actors including Christopher Plummer.  
A little long but a very solid film. One obviously has to be a fan of murder mysteries or it’s best to avoid this one. 

I had absolutely no idea that two Series of 10 episodes each had been made in 2017 based on the "Snatch" movie from Guy Ritchie

It a similar caper with same laughter idiocy guns and everything else in between with Robert Grint playing one of the leads as an upper class toff and completely cocking it up. I've watched first 4 episodes of series one. They're not overly long at 40 odd minutes each and great time filler

They're on the Putlockers streaming site no registration required and didnt even have to close out any adverts. Search "Snatch" in the box and it pulls up the two series alongside the original movie of same name

Beware that on mine its defaults to episode 10 so scroll down a few inches and you'll see all the episodes listed

Great watch.....

https://www.putlockers.cr/

I have just watched and finally aborted the Movie "1917" after 1 hour 20 of a 2 hour film. How anyone can say this rivals Saving Private Ryan needs their head wobbling

I kept on thinking it will improve but in the end gave up after 80 minutes. What a load of shight

50 minutes ago, Rawhide2 said:

I have just watched and finally aborted the Movie "1917" after 1 hour 20 of a 2 hour film. How anyone can say this rivals Saving Private Ryan needs their head wobbling

I kept on thinking it will improve but in the end gave up after 80 minutes. What a load of shight

I have it on my Netflix list mainly because the cinematography in the trailers looks so good.

It won the top award at the Producers Guild Awards on Saturday making it even more of a favorite to win the Oscar for best picture.

But honestly, these people don't matter as much as folks like you when it comes to recommendations. You simply want to inform others about your experience. Hollywood wants to promote to make money.

I hope I am not as disappointed as you were when it arrives in the mail.

There are a number of good WWI movies like Paths of Glory, Lawrence of Arabia and Gallipoli to name a few. 

1 hour ago, midlifecrisis said:

I have it on my Netflix list mainly because the cinematography in the trailers looks so good.

It won the top award at the Producers Guild Awards on Saturday making it even more of a favorite to win the Oscar for best picture.

But honestly, these people don't matter as much as folks like you when it comes to recommendations. You simply want to inform others about your experience. Hollywood wants to promote to make money.

I hope I am not as disappointed as you were when it arrives in the mail.

There are a number of good WWI movies like Paths of Glory, Lawrence of Arabia and Gallipoli to name a few. 

It might improve in the final 40 minutes but I'd had enough for sure

1 hour ago, Odense said:

How do you use that site?

I am told to signup with a CC which I have no intentions of doing.

Well am using Firefox (as always) just occasionally it defaults to HD which requires memebership (apparently). I just close that window and refresh. Its pretty reliable 9 times out of 10

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Rawhide2 said:

It might improve in the final 40 minutes but I'd had enough for sure

I watched it all and can't say it truly improved. It was an OK movie and I'm sure plenty of people will like the story and some of the cinematography,  but my recommendation is if it's on TV and you don't have much else to do, give it a look. Any comparison to Saving Private Ryan in anything other than extremely basic premise is pretty far-fetched IMO. 

• Like 1
Well am using Firefox (as always) just occasionally it defaults to HD which requires memebership (apparently). I just close that window and refresh. Its pretty reliable 9 times out of 10
I can't see where I can pick SD as a viewing option. But I guess I will have to find a different way to watch for free.

Sendt fra min WAS-LX1 med Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Odense said:

I can't see where I can pick SD as a viewing option. But I guess I will have to find a different way to watch for free.

Sendt fra min WAS-LX1 med Tapatalk

Leave it 24 hours refresh the page after clearing cache. I know that sounds daft but occasionally I get what you seeing where it says you need to become a member etc etc. Sometimes I cant bypass it myself as well so pick another site. Putlockers I think is a "cousin" of the 123 movies site and all its variations

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching Midway and definitely recommend. Clocks in at a little under 130 minutes but worth the time spent. 

On a different note I recently watched the 3 seasons of Roman Empire on Netflix and thought it was good. Caesar, Commodus and Caligula being the subjects. Only issue is that they reused generic scenes in each season which were very noticeable but weren't overly annoying imo. 

On 1/19/2020 at 9:17 PM, Rawhide2 said:

"1917" was quite a bit different from what I expected but still worthwhile.  While there is a good bit of action, a lot of it is simply the awfulness of life at the front.  I'm no expert on WWI, but one of the things I recall reading is that the German trenches were much more substantial than the Allied trenches.  That is reflected in the movie.