Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 249 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Good Movies / TV Shows

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HBO announced the Deadwood movie premieres May 31, 2019 !!! https://www.hbo.com/deadwood/movie-what-to-know-so-far  

I had a few days of business in Las Vegas this week.  So we headed out early last Friday, 19 to spend a nice weekend where it is warm (been unseasonably cold here in S Cal the last few months.  Barely

Here's another Thai advert, notice the guy has a bottle of fish sauce next to his rice, one of the simple meals poor people eat.  

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

“Babylon Berlin”, a Netflix (German language) TV series set in Berlin in 1929.

Captures the decadence, poverty and political upheavals of the time well. Beautifully films and produced, some amazing nightclub dance scenes. Well worth watching.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Butch said:

Westworld 3 has just started on Sky Atlantic.

I re-watched the final episode of Series 2. Now I want to see the whole thing over again!

I had HBO for one and forgot I hadn't wached season two. I am working on that now. I will still run out of new season 3 episodes and be forced to wait.

:allright

7 hours ago, Butch said:

Westworld 3 has just started on Sky Atlantic.

I re-watched the final episode of Series 2. Now I want to see the whole thing over again!

I watched S1.. mostly for the skin....but boy did that program get boring and silly real quick.

No one mentioned Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, now streaming on Netflix. There’s been criticism of the Bruce Lee depiction from Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and others. The movie wasn’t shown in China but maybe they deserve to miss out.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, jacko said:

I watched S1.. mostly for the skin....but boy did that program get boring and silly real quick.

Season two is much better. I finished episode four last night. Four has a one on one character exchange with Jimmie Simpson that is brilliant.

32 minutes ago, RhinoTusk said:

No one mentioned Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, now streaming on Netflix. There’s been criticism of the Bruce Lee depiction from Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and others. The movie wasn’t shown in China but maybe they deserve to miss out.

Kareem seems to forget that Hollywood never gets things perfectly accurate.

Fox's new contemporary take on War of the Worlds is quite good. Not exactly fast paced initially but there are some tense scenes and the acting is pretty good as well and some decent camera work. Couple of characters developing nicely.

Be warned, I have found myself getting a bit frustrated at the apparent lack of common sense during an alien invasion...:)

2 hours ago, Butch said:

Fox's new contemporary take on War of the Worlds is quite good. Not exactly fast paced initially but there are some tense scenes and the acting is pretty good as well and some decent camera work. Couple of characters developing nicely.

Be warned, I have found myself getting a bit frustrated at the apparent lack of common sense during an alien invasion...:)

Is that a Fox show? I get it on Epix but it is only about six episodes so far.

Edited by midlifecrisis

Ozark s1 and 2 was fantastic really looking forward to s3

West world I've enjoyed. Minimal skin in s2 and s3e1 had me to totally baffled s3e2 was much easier to follow and seems the skin is making a return ?

Movies wise. I watched guy richies latest offering "the gentlemen" the other day I really like that. Huge grant was surprisingly good in it. 

I liked 6 underground but that's probably been mentioned in previous pages. Great car chase in the first 20 mins or so and Ryan Reynolds was amusing enough. 

Twd has plumbed new depths of shitness so no surprises there. At least annoying alpha is dead. 

On 3/27/2020 at 7:19 PM, Butch said:

Actually scrub that. 4 episodes in and it has turned into a modern day PC virtue signalling wank fest.

We have an illegal immigrant who turns out to be virtuous and a hero, despite the middle class white woman leaving him for dead in the first ep. We have strong female lead characters, a stereotypical male sex offender / rapist and weak white males in their roles. We also have a scene where highly trained Soldiers can't kill an alien, but a woman picking up an assault rifle for the first time, can.

Utter bollocks and don't waste your time.

I was actually cheering for the martians by the end.

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Butch said:

Actually scrub that. 4 episodes in and it has turned into a modern day PC virtue signalling wank fest.

We have an illegal immigrant who turns out to be virtuous and a hero, despite the middle class white woman leaving him for dead in the first ep. We have strong female lead characters, a stereotypical male sex offender / rapist and weak white males in their roles. We also have a scene where highly trained Soldiers can't kill an alien, but a woman picking up an assault rifle for the first time, can.

Utter bollocks and don't waste your time.

I was actually cheering for the martians by the end.

I am six episodes in (7 is available) and I am not as negative about it as you are but the writing could have been better. 

I will finish this season but, if it returns, I doubt I will still be on board.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, la8rat said:

I finish season 3 of ozark yesterday and loved it. I won't spoil it for any fans who've not watched it yet, but you are in for a treat. 

I gave up on season one. Now you have me rethinking it.

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

I gave up on season one. Now you have me rethinking it.

You don't know how much I envy you. 

Having all 3 seasons of this gem to binge watch. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
On 4/3/2020 at 10:10 AM, midlifecrisis said:

Yes. I will start at the beginning. 

Watch the Trailers, an episode or two in the seasons.  It is a bit to follow without a scorecard. I like it lots, but have to watch once when I'm alert, again when I'm real alert.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 1:34 PM, la8rat said:

I finish season 3 of ozark yesterday and loved it. I won't spoil it for any fans who've not watched it yet, but you are in for a treat. 

Big "Cheers" for Ozark. Mr and the Mrs about to binge watch S01 and S02 ion the strength of the first Ep! :)

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...

A show called animal kingdom is pretty good

Helen barkin plays the head of House for her little crime family. Has flesh crime action car chases. 

I've enjoyed them a lot.