Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Fun and games with U.S. Social Security

Got my "Are you alive?" form Social Security recently, completed it and put it in the mail. The only worrisome thing was that it said it was the second mailing. They had my current address and I have been here since April so the first one apparently disappeared into the cosmos.

Got my "Are you alive?" form Social Security recently, completed it and put it in the mail. The only worrisome thing was that it said it was the second mailing. They had my current address and I have been here since April so the first one apparently disappeared into the cosmos.

How long since you sent the previous one off...? I am guessing later than April.

I had similar worries wrt some banking paperwork, got secondary automatically generated letters which were already 3-4 weeks old by the time I got them. They expected me to be more prompt, when they weren't and they hadn't figured on International postage speed. Just burned a pile yesterday.

Edited by jacko
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you guys have your Social Security direct deposited to a Thai bank account or US account?

To a US account, mostly, not solely, inertia.

These letters from SS asking if you are still alive; are they registered letters you must sign for?

No, regular mail.