Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

India vs Australia ,,,,,,,, 7/11 has a new meaning

Australia has a proud tradition of playing and winning sporting events but I don't post about all our successes.

In the first test Played at Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune (India) I wasn't expecting too much. Normally the Indians will prepare a pitch which will take more spin and with better spin bowlers they get a huge advantage, Of course in Australia we like hard bouncy wickets so our fast bowlers get the advantage so it's hard to be too critical.

Of course both teams get to play on the same wicket so the pitch needs to be "playable"

This morning I flicked on my PC to cricket info and was not surprised to see Australia restricted to 260 runs. I shook my head thinking that we needed at least 350 to be competitive, India was 3 wickets for 93 runs so it was obviously not all one way.

I was actually reading the ball by ball description on the internet and couldn't believe what happened next. India completely collapsed to lose 7 wickets for 11 runs and be all out for 105.

Sometimes the best laid plans can backfire.

• Upvote 1

Australia has a proud tradition of playing and winning sporting events but I don't post about all our successes.

In the first test Played at Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune (India) I wasn't expecting too much. Normally the Indians will prepare a pitch which will take more spin and with better spin bowlers they get a huge advantage, Of course in Australia we like hard bouncy wickets so our fast bowlers get the advantage so it's hard to be too critical.

Of course both teams get to play on the same wicket so the pitch needs to be "playable"

This morning I flicked on my PC to cricket info and was not surprised to see Australia restricted to 260 runs. I shook my head thinking that we needed at least 350 to be competitive, India was 3 wickets for 93 runs so it was obviously not all one way.

I was actually reading the ball by ball description on the internet and couldn't believe what happened next. India completely collapsed to lose 7 wickets for 11 runs and be all out for 105.

Sometimes the best laid plans can backfire.

Perhaps they're lulling the Aussies into a false sense of security...

Perhaps they're lulling the Aussies into a false sense of security...

Is that what the POMS were doing when they got bowled over 4-0 in the last India test series.? Cunning plan. I can’t wait to see how it will all turn out... :bhappy

Actually we can’t gloat too much... We got a hiding from South Africa last year after getting bowled over for 85 in Hobart....and I haven’t forgotten the 60 all out in Trent Bridge a few years ago.

I'm not planning to run a commentary on the cricket but just to prove it was no fluke Australia has bowled India our a second time for 107 runs.

This matched the 105 runs in the first innings and Australia registered an easy win.

For the non cricket readers India is on top of the world rankings and Australia is second which made this an interesting fixture. The game of cricket can be influenced by the way the pitch is prepared and all teams struggle on wickets prepared on the sub continent. The hot humid weather combined with dry cracked pitches gives the Indians an advantage and this time it definitely back fired. The pitch developed cracks very early and this allowed the Australian spinners to take advantage.

There are 4 more matches and I think the groundsmen at the next few grounds will be overwatering for the next few weeks to get some more even bounce in the wickets.

I would love to say that's just not cricket but unfortunately it is.

There are 4 more matches and I think the groundsmen at the next few grounds will be overwatering for the next few weeks to get some more even bounce in the wickets.

4 test series, so only 3 left. :whistling:

It will be interesting to see how the Indians respond to this.