Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

There was one on Soi 8, on the left past Sailor Bar and under the "canopy" which only lasted a few weeks, plus one or two on WS whose names I've since forgotten.

However, as my memory is shot, bonus points for names and longevity.

I'm going for the Winchester GoGo which was upstairs where "goodfellas" was (I think). Didn't last very long but was actually very good when it was open.

I stuck my head into several Soi 8 GoGo's in the late hours on three different nights In late February and saw nothing to make me sit down and buy a drink.

Some bars I would drink in even though the girls looked rough because the music was to my liking but damn those bars offered me nothing to get me to sit down.

I came to the conclusion that buying a beer at 7-11 and drinking it while getting a 200baht foot massage was better entertainment than most of the GoGo's.

• Upvote 2

I wonder if the Overmind, now the D Club is up for nomination. It isnt just the time it is the expense. They re jigged Overmind spending a fair bit of dosh in the process but then left all the Overmind signs up on the three streets where there was/is entrances. Bizzare.

I wonder if the Overmind, now the D Club is up for nomination. It isnt just the time it is the expense. They re jigged Overmind spending a fair bit of dosh in the process but then left all the Overmind signs up on the three streets where there was/is entrances. Bizzare.

Overmind is where Shark used to be, and DClub is where Tiger once was. Both bars now open several weeks, and seem to be doing quite ok.

The Blue Lagoon in the back of Best Friends Complex was a pretty short stint. There was another one on WS i believe it was called Angels and was at most a bowling alley wide. I think they lasted about 3 weeks. Not sure how long Submarine in LK lasted but wasn't long either

The Blue Lagoon in the back of Best Friends Complex was a pretty short stint. There was another one on WS i believe it was called Angels and was at most a bowling alley wide. I think they lasted about 3 weeks. Not sure how long Submarine in LK lasted but wasn't long either

Blue Lagoon, I was trying to think of the name and myself and a friend went in there on the opening night! Quite a big venue but as you say, sadly not very long lived.

Another one I remembered with the help of my mate was called "Amazon" which was on the left side of where Dollhouse was I believe. Freeway a GoGo on Pratumnak was also short lived but excellent when it was open.

Stand corrected but I think that this place was open at least a couple of years. Last time I was there in walked 13 cops in uniform , and they settled in for a night of debauchery!

Overmind is where Shark used to be, and DClub is where Tiger once was. Both bars now open several weeks, and seem to be doing quite ok.

I was in here a week or two ago and as far as I could tell this was simply Overmind with the bar moved to the WS end of the building. I am happy to be wrong about this but to me what is D Club is exactly what was Overmind with a change in lighting and bar position.

What was the name of the one right next door to Secrets, all decked out in white inside?

Don't remember that been open more than 2 months before closing down.

I think the shortest I've noticed was the tiny gogo next to Frog Bar...or perhaps the tiny gogo in the middle of the new Simon complex that was managed by a BM here :P

Did the place on Soi Lengkee,"Shanghai" open for a day before all the staff left over a dispute about wages?

Maxines on Soi Diamond and Only O further up in the narrow passage didn't last long either. Same same for Zero on Soi Boukhao.

Two places got the signage up but didn't get round to having an opening night...Bad Girls on WS and Ozone in the Bali Hi complex.

• Upvote 2

What was the name of the one right next door to Secrets, all decked out in white inside?

Illusion?

• Upvote 1

Freeway!..........Now there's a pleasant memory. Nothing else like it at the time.

Had one of the swimmers.......hair still dripping.

Anything else still dripping?

Illusion? but I would say more 2 years than 2 months...

I was in here a week or two ago and as far as I could tell this was simply Overmind with the bar moved to the WS end of the building. I am happy to be wrong about this but to me what is D Club is exactly what was Overmind with a change in lighting and bar position.

Uhh? I think you do need to have a walk to see the places in the Soi 15 - Soi Diamond area, because clearly a lot of confusion in you mind! B)

Overmind and DClub are Not in the same buildings. Before being DClub it was Tiger during years (mainly agogo but a tomboys place its last season). So DClub is not where Overmind was, and Overmind is where Shark used to be. Ok? ;)

Among the short-life agogo, Atlantis Agogo that replaced Paris Agogo in Soi Diamond and lasted maybe one month.

Also the agogo on the right of Covent Garden in Soi 16 saw many agogo attempts in its last years: Taboo, BabeWatch, Black & White, X-zone 2, Sin City, Relaxxx... most of them just for a few months.

Not sure how long lasted Byblos, at Soi Diamond & Second Rd ?

I remember a XXX agogo (?) in Soi 15, about then years ago, next to Nui's or Baby Dolls (?)

Another agogo attempt (name?) where is now the Russian Red Square, bottom left of access to The Pier (was Polo)

Vodoo also not lasted more than one season

And I am sure many other! ;)

Stand corrected but I think that this place was open at least a couple of years. Last time I was there in walked 13 cops in uniform , and they settled in for a night of debauchery!

I used to go visit Lek at his bar in the back and i don't remember it being open very long. Are you thinking of the Blue Lagoon that was in Centre Condo for sometime?

I used to go visit Lek at his bar in the back and i don't remember it being open very long. Are you thinking of the Blue Lagoon that was in Centre Condo for sometime?

I remember going in Blue Lagoon in the Best Friend complex several times over maybe a year. It was no TQ but I don't think it qualifies as the shortest lived GGB.

Re other bars mentioned elsewhere. Byblos was around for several years I just think people may not have noticed it because of its location.

Illusion next to Secrets, I only went in a couple of times when it first opened but think it struggled on for a while.

As far as the shortest lived bar is concerned. I recall seeing posters for the opening of a small bar on Soi 15, (Easy something?), on several separate occasions over the years but it never seemed to open.

Wasn't there also supposed to be a GGB half way up the New Simon Complex that Ed the ex FLB manager was going to run. That didn't last long.

Edited by tallguy

Wasn't there also supposed to be a GGB half way up the New Simon Complex that Ed the ex FLB manager was going to run. That didn't last long.

Yeah, that's the one I was referring to above. If I recall correctly, it was touted as the smallest gogo in Pattaya. I doubt it lasted a month.

Zero gogo on Soi Buakhao near Soi Honey did not last long. Now a beerbar.

Apparently a gogo called Dream opened on Soi 8 in 2006 and closed 3 days later.

The Blue Lagoon gogo back of Best Friend complex lasted over 2 years. Had a very good time on my first visit with 3 ladies.

Planned on staying for 1 drink. Stayed for over 2 hours. Had good music and videos.

The very white one was called "Only O", but wasn't right next door to Secrets: it was on Soi 15 between Windmill and Second Road (if that is the correct name of the main road at that point).

Not sure it was open for more than about a month. It was very white, very bright and full of considerably overdressed coyotees.

Pictures taken October 2015:

12.jpg

13.jpg

I remember going in Blue Lagoon in the Best Friend complex several times over maybe a year. It was no TQ but I don't think it qualifies as the shortest lived GGB.

Re other bars mentioned elsewhere. Byblos was around for several years I just think people may not have noticed it because of its location.

Illusion next to Secrets, I only went in a couple of times when it first opened but think it struggled on for a while.

As far as the shortest lived bar is concerned. I recall seeing posters for the opening of a small bar on Soi 15, (Easy something?), on several separate occasions over the years but it never seemed to open.

I don't remember Byblos being a gogo. i did however get a st upstairs in the bathroom :)

I don't remember Byblos being a gogo. i did however get a st upstairs in the bathroom :)

Byblos was a bit of everything. It was a gogo and a cabaret show. There was a weight lifter and girlie acts. It was occasionally on two floors where the raunchy stuff was on the top floor and the more staid stuff one floor down. At tis stage the ground floor wasn't open. When they closed floors two and three they tried to resurrect the place on the ground floor but it never took off. In its day it could be one of the best places to visit in Pattaya.

The very white one was called "Only O", but wasn't right next door to Secrets: it was on Soi 15 between Windmill and Second Road (if that is the correct name of the main road at that point).

That's not the one near Secrets, as Billions said here. Illusions is the one being referred to, and it's now Dollhouse.

Submarine lasted a good 2-3 years. Probably longer than Mash, which shared the same ownership, but even Mash was probably open for a couple of years.

Of the more recent LK GGBs I would say that Funhouse, which lasted about 6 months, and Climax, in the same location, probably operated for a similar timeframe before being converted to an open bar, were the shortest lived.

I'm not sure how long some of the early unsuccessful LK GGBs like Google (?) And Gentlemens' Memories lasted, but they seemed to turnover fairly quickly.

Edited by tallguy
  • Upvote 1

In the history of the Pattaya go go scene, I believe there is no shortage of bars that were open only a few weeks, left alone a few months. But the above-named Shanghai was only open a day or two before it closed. Also, some bars were open, then closed, then re-opened but closed again quickly. If I remember right, Dream fell into that category.

Evil

:devil