Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Great American Sandwich Company on Soi Buakhao (Dec. 27, 2017)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last night I dropped into the Great American Sandwich Company to sample their fare. One sandwich does not a review make, but I was certainly happy with with my pork rib sandwich (170 baht) and will be

Last night I tried the September special, the chili cheese dog for 195 baht and a small order of coleslaw for 45 baht. It was a good meal!     I wrote "meal" because there was enough food on my

They arent sandwiches. Sandwiches are made from flat bread. Those are bread rolls or baps. Sandwiches, they aint.   This has been another education lesson from Goldpanner. Thank You

Posted Images

Been three times now and it's great. I had the rib sandwich the first visit, the meatball sandwich, and finally the pulled pork sandwich.

Service is excellent and two of the servers are quite cute to boot.

My appetite is satisfied with their small sandwiches which run about 80 baht. My bills have been ludicrously low, especially considering the very high prices at Pastrami on Rye back in the day.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

Agree with the above posts, excellent sandwiches, attentive staff and good decor.

Pricing is spot-on, a snack for under 100 Baht and a meal for under 200.

And yet on another board I read a comment that claimed GASCO is "doomed to fail." I think it has a better chance than most, but massive over-establishment has made it difficult for any new restaurant in Pattaya.

Evil

:devil

And yet on another board I read a comment that claimed GASCO is "doomed to fail." I think it has a better chance than most, but massive over-establishment has made it difficult for any new restaurant in Pattaya.

Evil

They may have a low income period during Songkran. I know I'm not going to brave the water tossing on Soi Buakhao to get there. I really would like to have one of their sandwiches right now.

As for failing, it's got everything going for it except parking and location...well, even the location might work for them with the adjacent bars and local delivery orders.

Good VFM, service, consistent preparation, good ingredients, and knowledgeable owner on site. Oh, and the cheerleader :P

• Upvote 1

They arent sandwiches.

Sandwiches are made from flat bread.

Those are bread rolls or baps.

Sandwiches, they aint.

This has been another education lesson from Goldpanner.

Thank You

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

They arent sandwiches.

Sandwiches, they aint.

The definition of sandwich in U.S. English is broader than in British English and some of its offshoots. In the U.S., it's a sandwich if the filling rests between two pieces of bread or on top of one piece (open-faced sandwich). The bread component doesn't have to be sliced from a loaf.

Evil

They arent sandwiches.

Sandwiches, they aint.

Thank You

How silly. And you have your puddings and pies that aren't :P

And then we have "chips" and "biscuits" with different meanings for the same words. English is a flexible language because there's no academy or equivalent body to rule on the spelling or definition of words.

Evil

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And then we have "chips" and "biscuits" with different meanings for the same words. English is a flexible language because there's no academy or equivalent body to rule on the spelling or definition of words.

Evil

Yes, I think many English in America have succumbed to the free chips at the bar offer...or in my case a free Buffet night......which turned out to be a Jimmy Buffet night......

And here I thought a sandwich was made with two women.

As said. English is a very flexible language. And I hope the girls are, too!

Evil

They arent sandwiches.

Sandwiches, they aint.

Thank You

I suppose a pancake isn't that either.

US sandwiches are more of a meal than a snack, whereas a UK sandwich can be quite pathetic... transparent slice of ham and a wipe of butter!

I used to work until late in the USA and grabbing a Reuben or Subway 12inch on the way back to the hotel with a 6 pack was a common evening.

PS, No man should EVER order a 6 inch sub !

Well it says America sandwich , not to be confused with the great British butty ,

Joe

That sounds obscene.

Will definitely try this place on my next trip. I have enjoyed a Reuben from The Golf Club in the past, delivered to The Metro. I wonder how this compares with the genuine article...

Will definitely try this place on my next trip. I have enjoyed a Reuben from The Golf Club in the past, delivered to The Metro. I wonder how this compares with the genuine article...

The Reuben I had at the Golf Club was rather puny compared to what I used to get from a specialized Reuben place in the USA..I too was looking to see how this place compared.

They arent sandwiches.

Sandwiches, they aint.

Thank You

"Flatbread" means unleavened bread.

If the bread is unleavened it's called a taco, souvlaki,or (a term I hate for some reason) a wrap.

Sandwiches are typically made with leavened bread.

• Upvote 1

I went here a week or so ago and had the sausage hoagie or something like that with chips...surprisingly they did not have any vinegar, they gave me a wee bowl of like olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing sort of thing as the best they could do?! Strange

Sandwich was nice though, I enjoyed it! Filling and fresh

Will be back again and skips the chips if there is no vinegar 555

6ca555a9afca9e67799c94d611e66472.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malt vinegar isn't used much with French fries in the U.S. and only a few U.S. companies brew it, so it's not surprising The Great American Sandwich Co doesn't offer it. However, considering the number of Brits and others in Pattaya who do sprinkle malt vinegar on fries, it would be good for business if it were part of the condiment basket.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil

Top shelf report Evil. Thanks.

Does anyone happen to know the operating hours of the GASC? Maybe at least when they open?

According to the GASCO FB page, it is open 11.00 a.m. to midnight.

Evil

I would think they would have malt vinegar. Despite the name the town is loaded with Brits, would just make sense. Anyway i will be in to try the philly cheese steak soon vinegar or not.