Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Great American Sandwich Company on Soi Buakhao (Dec. 27, 2017)

There was a place i used to go to back in Hollywood. They would put a cheese burger in a pita bread and use mid east style salad in in the pita with it. Was delicious. It was called a pita burger. Not sure if it fits in the confines of a "hamburger" bit i really enjoyed it.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last night I dropped into the Great American Sandwich Company to sample their fare. One sandwich does not a review make, but I was certainly happy with with my pork rib sandwich (170 baht) and will be

Last night I tried the September special, the chili cheese dog for 195 baht and a small order of coleslaw for 45 baht. It was a good meal!     I wrote "meal" because there was enough food on my

They arent sandwiches. Sandwiches are made from flat bread. Those are bread rolls or baps. Sandwiches, they aint.   This has been another education lesson from Goldpanner. Thank You

Posted Images

May I introduce you to the Whataburger texas toast patty melt?

Looks good. Always have been unclear what delineates a patty melt from a burger.

Definition of AN AMERICAN hamburger
1a : ground beef b : a patty of ground beef
2: a sandwich consisting of a patty of hamburger in a split typically round bun

Emphasis mine.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hamburger

Fixed that for you. Sandwiches are made from sliced bread, thats bread sliced either by machine or hand.

A 'Sub' is a russian or chinese thing that kills Argentinians and Russians :rolleyes:

Edited by Goldpanner

Fixed that for you. Sandwiches are made from sliced bread, thats bread sliced either by machine or hand.

A 'Sub' is a russian or chinese thing that kills Argentinians and Russians :rolleyes:

Ah, it is The Great American Sandwich Company.

Also, a British thing which kills Argentinians.

Edited by nkped

Looks good. Always have been unclear what delineates a patty melt from a burger.

In Texas, a patty melt is sort of an embellishment of a cheeseburger and is served on toast rather than a bun, more like how hamburgers were in the US Southern states back in the days when complimenting a woman on her outfit wasn't a sexual assault.

Think I'll stick to a good old bacon butty!!! :P

My Thai wife makes THE most amazing Bacon and Egg sandwiches, seasoned with just enough HP sauce.

I also found Marmite & Egg sandwiches can be quite good. (Good with a Hangover)

Then of course there's the life saving Baked Beans and HP sauce sarnies or Baked Bean and egg sarnies.

When I were kid we ate Vinegar sandwiches or sugar sandwiches.

BUT as Christmas is now gone Im a bit sick of Turkey and red cabbage sarnies for a few months

My Thai wife makes THE most amazing Bacon and Egg sandwiches, seasoned with just enough HP sauce.

I also found Marmite & Egg sandwiches can be quite good. (Good with a Hangover)

Then of course there's the life saving Baked Beans and HP sauce sarnies or Baked Bean and egg sarnies.

When I were kid we ate Vinegar sandwiches or sugar sandwiches.

BUT as Christmas is now gone Im a bit sick of Turkey and red cabbage sarnies for a few months

In my younger days the Saturday morning hangover was always disposed of with a big plate of Heinz Baked Beans with pork sausages on 4 slices of toast with a mug of tea (and TISWAS on TV)!

Yep, Mrs Fiend does a rather nice bacon butty...

Have you tried the bacon butties at Le Pub. It's the only place I've had one, and now I order it whenever I am there and hungry.

Having nothing to compare against, I don't know where it lands in the bacon buttie universe, but it's my favorite there.

• Upvote 1

In my younger days the Saturday morning hangover was always disposed of with a big plate of Heinz Baked Beans with pork sausages on 4 slices of toast with a mug of tea (and TISWAS on TV)!

Ahh memories of the Phantom Flan Flinger and the Bucket of Water Song. Such a great morning programme. Nearly as good as the Magic Roundabout on most evenings

Memories eh?

These are great lyrics for retirees. "The only thing to look forward to.......the Past!"

Edited by Goldpanner

These are great lyrics for retirees. "The only thing to look forward to.......the Past!"

And coincidentally I saw a Likely Lads full length movie on ITV3 only a couple of days ago where they were being maudlin and nostalgic over the past!

And coincidentally I saw a Likely Lads full length movie on ITV3 only a couple of days ago where they were being maudlin and nostalgic over the past!

Yeah I saw it was on but missed it as I had my Edelbrock Carb in bits on my workbench !

Ahh memories of the Phantom Flan Flinger and the Bucket of Water Song. Such a great morning programme. Nearly as good as the Magic Roundabout on most evenings

Memories eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVXk-iK5GgU

Likely lads one of the best sit coms ever

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Stevie Thunder has disposed of his shareholding in GASCo as if Monday.

He was very good at promoting the business and he will be missed I’m sure. Still a great deed to be had there.

• 3 months later...