Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

How's your Songkran going?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took pictures with camera inside a plastic protector: Beach, 2nd Road and 3rd Road.

Lots of water down here in Singapore, although most of it coming from the sky!   Plahgat  

Took a baht bus from northern Naklua and down Beach Road to get to Soi Diana last night at 9.30 pm. Everyone on the bus got soaked by young yobbos (farang and Asian, I think Korean but not Thai as far

Posted Images

During the day, there actually seems to be less traffic. That may change later today. On one of the Jomtien 2nd Road-Sukhumvit connectors, I saw kids with super soakers and smallers ladles for water tossing. Moto taxi drivers got a bit with the water gun, but they refrained from throwing larger amounts at them.

All done and dusted up here in Nakhon Phanom til next year now, superb.

Did 115 KM on the bicycle club run this morning, nobody in any of the villages we passed through throwing water, although it might have been welcome in this heat lol.

Regards

Took a baht bus from northern Naklua and down Beach Road to get to Soi Diana last night at 9.30 pm. Everyone on the bus got soaked by young yobbos (farang and Asian, I think Korean but not Thai as far as I could tell) at the northern end of Beach Road as far as the Klang intersection. I'd been out on the sois in the afternoon and had fun because I was kitted out to be soaked - but after dark when I'm going out for a good meal and a beer or two, it's a f*cking nuisance and makes me bloody angry. Glad when it's over, seems to get more disrespectful and over the top each year. Rant over.

• Upvote 3

Yesterday afternoon, i kept dry walking north on 3rd Road to North Pattaya, stopping at various places for food and drink. At North Pattaya, i walked around the Terminal 21 site to 2nd Road and then started walking south.

At the Central Marina Mall, i decided to search for the Easter Bunny :) at the new Playboy Cafe.

Now an hour or two past nightfall, i began walking down 2nd Road where i saw water players on the West side of 2nd Road, but it looked like the East side was dry so i kept dry past Soi 6 to Klang, then back east on Klang.

P.S. I noticed that the songtaew drivers would slow down in front of the water players giving opportunity to wet the occupants. At this time, the water players appeared to be Thai ladies from nearby beer bars.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by losgrad
  • Upvote 2

I'm up at Erawan at the moment but took a trip down to Kanchanaburi to buy wine and was quite surprised to see they were still chucking water from the back of pickups and from the roadside..

I went to Playboy Cafe and they said they had no bunnies.

Glad to see they came back..perhaps it was the hour of day...my visit was late afternoon.

The condo building seems downright abandoned the last few days. It will be interesting to see if things pick up next week. Just a theory, but I'm thinking the short term visitors cleared out pre-Songkran, as I did until last year, or are waiting for it to be over. The longer term residents, both Thai and farang, would be getting out of town for or because of the holiday.

Edited by nkped

Yesterday was like a normal day in Jomtien. Traffic levels were back to normal and none of the bars I saw showed any signs of water fighting.

There was a small amount of water being thrown as I walked from and back to Pratumnak but it was mainly groups of small children throwing water amongst themselves. At one small bar on Soi 4 there were a few Thai girls throwing water amongst themselves.

The local bar were they were playing with water earlier has stopped over the last couple of days but will be playing in the 19th.

Edited by tallguy
  • Upvote 1

Songkran didn't go well for the older guy in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFHtDiF8wHQ

There's a better version on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/welovepattaya58/videos/1902006740070788/

It's definitely a nasty incident. No version of the run-up to the confrontation makes much sense. Some reports say the puncher, the big guy, is a Russian gobnik; others say he is a U.K. chav or at least British. But whatever the nationalities and whatever happened before the video starts, it's clear the big guy was totally unjustified in punching an older man who posed no threat to him. As the older guy was falling to the pavement, the big guy gave him an extra shove. That's a very dangerous thing to do. In the U.S., that would add an extra five years to whatever sentence he got for assaulting the older man.

It's a stupid idea, though, to confront a fit-looking guy twice your size and half your age and then slap his car. That's an invitation to disaster. When push comes to punch and shove, the consequences can be devastating for the physically weaker person. It's ALWAYS best to avoid fights, especially fights you have no chance of winning.

Evil

:devil:

• Upvote 2

Some pics that show Songkran in a more innocent form. I took them across 2nd Road from the Wonderful Beer Bar.

IMGP6185.jpg

IMGP6182.jpg

IMGP6186.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 2

A perfect holiday for that little kid!

Yup, he'll sure have a few tales to tell his friends back in Novosibirsk. He'll get a huge boost in face among the elementary school crowd.

So far I haven't been splashed yet; the beer bars which I have to pass to/from my condo have given me free passage. This year, the girls who work in them only douse passers-by carrying squirt guns or who otherwise indicate they want to play Songkran. Non-combatants are allowed to remain dry. But on 2nd Road, Soi Buakhao, most subsois, etc, it's the usual mayhem.

Evil

:devil

This type of occurrence was when I stopped attending Pattaya Songkran.

For me it was the sight of a gang of very drunk Thai youths chasing their own in Pattaya and setting upon them brutally with sticks...

No thanks.....

Nigerian man beaten after giving the middle finger in Pattaya.

Thai Visa (originally in Thai)

Absolute mayhem out there today. Roads gridlocked and more water than you can shake a stick at.

Thought I would treat the GF to dinner today, my normal choice is Robins Nest for the Special of the day Lasagna.

Got there to find no meals being served, and a bubble bath outside.

18010738_284137662009765_6586131627079915232_n (Small).jpg

18010768_284137648676433_2088088646912325338_n (Small).jpg

Eventually decided on Big C.

• Upvote 2

The arrhythmia inducing loud music towards the south end of Tappraya shut down within the last 30 minutes.

Read a couple of news reports of electrocution deaths around Thailand from foam parties. Something I wouldn't normally think about as dangerous, but upon further reflection mixing water, soap and an electric blower to create the foam does make for a deadly combination.