Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Dave's Cantina on Soi Regional Land

Nice review Evil. I need to try this place as it is close to my house. The atmosphere inside looks so sterile i keep passing the place and head to Mikes which is usually hit but can be miss at times. I like the idea of the take away burrito too

BeerBelly, make sure you are on maps.google. I'm sure that a lot of people that knew you from FLB and bar crawls will want to visit. I know I do.

Also, what is the status of your iced tea?

BeerBelly, make sure you are on maps.google. I'm sure that a lot of people that knew you from FLB and bar crawls will want to visit. I know I do.

Also, what is the status of your iced tea?

Brewed, not canned. Already on Google Maps. Facebook page is accurate as well.

I'm there! Is that the same soi as Tigglebitties? Is it closer to Third Road than Tigglebitties is?

Got a few friends coming in from Japan, they like Mexican food so I'll try to bring them along.

I'm there! Is that the same soi as Tigglebitties? Is it closer to Third Road than Tigglebitties is?

Got a few friends coming in from Japan, they like Mexican food so I'll try to bring them along.

Yes, same soi as Tiggs. Coming from third road, it's about 100 m passed Tiggs, but on the left side.

• 3 weeks later...

Dropped in at Dave's Cantina last night with a couple of visiting friends. We all had a great time and the food was delicious and beautifully presented.

My friends had the tortilla soup while I had the chili soup, both pronounced great. At the table there are three kinds of hot sauce, so we mixed and matched, trying them variously on our tacos, burritos, quesadillas and refried beans.

The joint is a bit out of the way so you have to look for it, but with directions we found it easily. Tell your driver it's on Soi Kruptidin, enter from Third Road and keep going till you see it on the left side.

Since Dave's is just up the road from Tigglebitties, you can have a bit of a Tex-Mex pub crawl in the area. Prices are reasonable too, so come on down.

Edited by MeGoDanceNow
  • Upvote 2

I have to be honest, "A well stocked bar" is a bit of an exaggeration. At the moment I STILL don't have margaritas on the menu. I am just using the bar to hold the makings until I find time to come up with the right recipes and pricing.

I'm hoping I'll have time over the next couple of days to do just that and stock the bar (for margaritas). In case anyone wants to know why I STILL don't have them on the menu, it's a matter of staffing. It's terribly difficult to find good reliable staff prior to Songkran. I want to be sure I have the staff available take care of customers while I take the time to make margaritas.

Hi, has the cocktail menu been added yet.????

• 6 months later...

Dave's Cantina now ranks as #23 out of 901 restaurants on TripAdvisor's popularity index for Pattaya. That's quite an accomplishment for a small Mexico-focused restaurant in a location that's a bit out-of-the-way and has only been open eight months.

Of course, it's a popularity index and not a quality index, so there can be some odd results. The highest I've seen Dave's Cantina on the list is #19.

Dave's also does well on the five-bubble quality index with a top score of five, meaning excellent. So to Dave, a big -funny-facebook-smile-facesmall.jpg.8b6e and default_Bravo1.gif.9590576ca3608feae0d39

Well done, Dave!

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 2