Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Visa Run to the Cambodian border

My apologies if there's already such thread for I couldn't find one.

Could you please tell me of a reliable - and most of all cheap - company that does visa run to the border, ideally in the Bukhao area but this really doesn't matter? I looked at the "classic" choices on Soi 6 and soi 13 but they all charge more nowadays while I've heard of others doing it for 2500 or even less. Before you start on comfort etc., I must declare that yes, every baht matters.

I have a retirement visa that I can't afford to renew so I need to do a run and get a visa on arrival. According to the most recent news, with a little luck I'll get 30 days on a Hungarian passport.

I would greatly appreciate any news or advise,

Baz

Visa Rules

Update 12th March 2017.

Visa Exempt, 30 days at Airport and TWO times 30 day at land border in one calendar year 1.1 – 31.12: Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Brunei, Belgium, Canada, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia(unlimited), Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Slovak, Slovenia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, United Kingdom and USA

http://www.thaivisaservice.com/visa-rules

Edited by Patna

My apologies if there's already such thread for I couldn't find one.

Could you please tell me of a reliable - and most of all cheap - company that does visa run to the border, ideally in the Bukhao area but this really doesn't matter? I looked at the "classic" choices on Soi 6 and soi 13 but they all charge more nowadays while I've heard of others doing it for 2500 or even less. Before you start on comfort etc., I must declare that yes, every baht matters.

I have a retirement visa that I can't afford to renew so I need to do a run and get a visa on arrival. According to the most recent news, with a little luck I'll get 30 days on a Hungarian passport.

I would greatly appreciate any news or advise,

Baz

Visa Rules

Update 12th March 2017.

Visa Exempt, 30 days at Airport and TWO times 30 day at land border in one calendar year 1.1 – 31.12: Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Brunei, Belgium, Canada, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia(unlimited), Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Slovak, Slovenia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, United Kingdom and USA

http://www.thaivisaservice.com/visa-rules

I am right in my understanding of this post? Has Cambodia changed to the Thai style of thirty days FREE on arrival for the listed countries? Last time there I paid $US 25 and had to have photographs. If this is the case then this makes the place a little more attractive.

I am right in my understanding of this post? Has Cambodia changed to the Thai style of thirty days FREE on arrival for the listed countries? Last time there I paid $US 25 and had to have photographs. If this is the case then this makes the place a little more attractive.

Not as of January.

I am right in my understanding of this post? Has Cambodia changed to the Thai style of thirty days FREE on arrival for the listed countries?

No. The "Visa Rules" above are Thai rules

Restrictions on the number of times out can enter in Thailand without a visa

And to the OP: I don't know anymore about visaruns,

but the cheapest companies used to be mainly on Soi Buakhao...

Last time I had to do a visa run was about 2 1/2 years ago. I think prices had increased at that time because of increases in the Cambodian visa fees, (that's what I recall being told anyway).

The visa run was organised through Key Visa who charged 2200 baht for a standard mini-bus. I suspect that might be one of the cheapest available. Unfortunately I don't take much notice of current visa run prices.

Last time I had to do a visa run was about 2 1/2 years ago. I think prices had increased at that time because of increases in the Cambodian visa fees, (that's what I recall being told anyway).

The visa run was organised through Key Visa who charged 2200 baht for a standard mini-bus. I suspect that might be one of the cheapest available. Unfortunately I don't take much notice of current visa run prices.

2500 baht now,

Key Visa

No, sorry, this is for Thailand

Key visa seems to be doing it for 2500

Key visa seems to be doing it for 2500

Yes I saw Jacko's post.

As I said my last visa run was 2 1/2 years ago. Since then the government has cracked down further on these trips so maybe 2500 baht is the going rate now.

I did look at the 5 Star Visa website, (the one that runs from The Sportsman), this morning and noticed that they offer a discount of up to 200 baht if you book in advance. This takes the price down to 2600 baht for the 6 seater minibus compared to 2500 baht for the standard minibus with Key Visa.

I know which I'd choose but as they say, 'up to you'.

I looked around Bukhao and found many travel agencies doing it for 2500. I choose one across from Tony's gym. They will pic me up at my place at 6 a.m.