Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Eva timetable change?

Hi fellas

Can anyone make head or tail of the new EVA timetable out of LHR ? They seem to have suspended or stopped flights during the months of July and August in and out of LHR for some reason.

I can't seem to get a clear idea of the timetable on the website, and the old links for a .pdf download don't exist anymore.

Cheers in advance

Butch

It happens every year it's the low season for Thailand,they don't like to send out planes half empty so they consolidate,if they have flights with only 100 bookings they cancell that flight and put them on the other half full flights.

• Upvote 1

It happens every year it's the low season for Thailand,they don't like to send out planes half empty so they consolidate,if they have flights with only 100 bookings they cancell that flight and put them on the other half full flights.

Just had a little heart flutter!!!

I logged on to "Manage My Trip" and it couldn't find my booking!!!

But then I found that in my haste I had spelt my surname incorrectly.

Conclusion: Everything is showing booking confirmed..Seat selection in Premium Economy is showing 3/4 full

Flying middle August and beginning September..

Edited by Bullfrog

Ahh thanks for the explanation. I'm looking at dates in July, it seems that EVA have cancelled Thursday outwards flights from LHR for a large percentage of the month. Prices are a bit on the ridiculous side as well, might have to look elsewhere.

As an update, I spoke to EVA today and they pretty much confirmed the above, along with a rotational maintenance schedule as they have some planes in "D" Check apparently.

I managed to get the dates I wanted, although it came at a price :banghead :cry1

Do not be afraid to fly Thai if you can get a good price.

I always used Eva but their flights were always very very busy so I gave Thai a try and I was not disappointed at all.

Do not be afraid to fly Thai if you can get a good price.

I always used Eva but their flights were always very very busy so I gave Thai a try and I was not disappointed at all.

But on my last two trips to Thailand the TG flights have been packed !! and I go low season too

But on my last two trips to Thailand the TG flights have been packed !! and I go low season too

Yep Thai all booked up and the prices coming in at £200+ more than the EVA equivalent. I very nearly wavered and cashed in my Avios miles to go with BA but I'd rather book myself an upgrade on a BA flight so it is half way decent than ever fly Econ with them.

• 2 weeks later...

if flights are showing as heavily booked the fares will always go up. But as mentioned thats usually because the big comanies see a demand and take out HUGE allocations.

For my flight in Oct/November I will wait untill the allocations get dropped and the prices will fall. I will expect to pay around the £400- £450 for a Thai flight then.

• 1 month later...

The buggers sent me an email yesterday changing my aisle seat to an inside seat on the return leg LHR to BKK.... I called them immediately and they said it was due to a change in aircraft. I said I want an aisle seat or I will cancel. They reverted me back to an aisle seat...but lets see what happens on check in (which I will do online)

If the cancel too many flights complain to Heathrow airport and the CAA. They cant start cancelling too many flights before they will lose their slots outright.

An airline is legally obligated to run a certain amount of its slots out of Heathrow,if they continually fail to do so they can get booted

They used to land late morning at Swampy from San Francisco and the last I looked they were landing late at night. I always flew them because of the late morning arrival.

Oh well.

If the cancel too many flights complain to Heathrow airport and the CAA. They cant start cancelling too many flights before they will lose their slots outright.

An airline is legally obligated to run a certain amount of its slots out of Heathrow,if they continually fail to do so they can get booted

How does that work? Does Heathrow lose money if EVA (or any airline) doesn't fly? Or is it just about customer complaints? I am sure that airlines have signed contracts that stipulate what you are saying.

edit: I just checked, the EVA site was not working but according to Google flights they are back to late morning (noonish) arrivals.

:clueless

What are the best airlines from the USA west coast now for travel to BKK?

Edited by midlifecrisis

The buggers sent me an email yesterday changing my aisle seat to an inside seat on the return leg LHR to BKK.... I called them immediately and they said it was due to a change in aircraft. I said I want an aisle seat or I will cancel. They reverted me back to an aisle seat...but lets see what happens on check in (which I will do online)

Sorry but don't understand when you say ''change in aircraft'' EVA have only ONE aircraft on the LHR-BKK route (ie) B777-300ER

What other aircraft could EVA supply on this route NONE.

EVA have always cancelled flights in low season ex LHR and complaining to Heathrow Airport will get you a fat ZERO.

EVA are well aware they have to operate a certain % of flights ex LHR.

Most often I fly Korean out of Seattle.

Last month I took Eva from Bangkok because I could get Premium Economy for a not unreasonable fare.

For the return trip next month I'm cashing in frequent flier miles for JAL business class out of San Diego--whoo hoo.

For the return trip next month I'm cashing in frequent flier miles for JAL business class out of San Diego--whoo hoo.

Let us know how you like the JAL flight out of San Diego, looking to give it a try myself. Are you connecting on to BKK?

Let us know how you like the JAL flight out of San Diego, looking to give it a try myself. Are you connecting on to BKK?

Oh yes and business class out of Narita as well.

Sorry but don't understand when you say ''change in aircraft'' EVA have only ONE aircraft on the LHR-BKK route (ie) B777-300ER

Exactly! I have no idea what bollocks she was spouting hence my comment about waiting to see what happens at check in..

Well they do have other aircraft....but even using B777-300ER they have 4 versions which each have different numbers of Economy seats.

Well they do have other aircraft....but even using B777-300ER they have 4 versions which each have different numbers of Economy seats.

I remember she said something about there not being a row 27 in premium economy due to the aircraft change....but let's see. It is the return leg in Sept so there is plenty of time for it to change again...

They used to land late morning at Swampy from San Francisco and the last I looked they were landing late at night. I always flew them because of the late morning arrival.

Oh well.

How does that work? Does Heathrow lose money if EVA (or any airline) doesn't fly? Or is it just about customer complaints? I am sure that airlines have signed contracts that stipulate what you are saying.

edit: I just checked, the EVA site was not working but according to Google flights they are back to late morning (noonish) arrivals.

:clueless

Not much recent experience, but a couple of years ago I flew back on China Airline and I'd avoid China Airlines as they've gone to 10 across seating in economy. It's not just the seat width, but also no room for shoulders. In an aisle seat, I was either being hit by the trolleys or bumping shoulders with the big guy sitting next to me.

Just looked at some Jan. flights on Kayak and Eva comes in at $688 with your midnight departure and flight times of 21.5 and 19.25 hours. Cathay would be good but $1121 via HK - 16 hr. return flight! Korean at $756 with one BKK arrival at 13:00. but long layovers on the return flight which I'd avoid. ANA does a code share with UA :( . Singapore is $914 via HK>Sing>BKK.

Premium Economy is ~2X Economy.

I'd think your EVA is pick of the litter, if they still have 9 across seating and you can find a decent price.

Edited by redwood13

I remember she said something about there not being a row 27 in premium economy due to the aircraft change....but let's see. It is the return leg in Sept so there is plenty of time for it to change again...

My flight back to LOS had a change of aircraft alert, but went upwards from a crappy little airbus to the Dreamliner. Had me land in Doha earlier and they brought the onward flight forward.

Edited by jacko

My flight back to LOS had a change of aircraft alert, but went upwards from a crappy little airbus to the Dreamliner. Had me land in Doha earlier and they brought the onward flight forward.

A few years ago I paid extra with BA to select my seat in advance. I got to LHR and they changed the effing plane and my pre-booked seat!!

Kuntz wouldn't deal with my refund either...

A few years ago I paid extra with BA to select my seat in advance. I got to LHR and they changed the effing plane and my pre-booked seat!!

Kuntz wouldn't deal with my refund either...

It happens, but some airlines deal with it better than others.

I had an aircraft change in Switzerland, apparently the scheduled one had a lighteneing strike. I was most aggrieved that, despite my having a Biz Class ticket they were forced to put me in Economy, as there were many fewer Biz seats, and I was on a heavily discounted fare. They put me in the front row of economy and kept the seat next to me empty. They also fed me from the front of the plane and looked after me. Early the next mornng I went to the Swiss Air office in Bangkok and using a voucher was given a good wad of compensation cash, which I thought of as free money and I had helluva night on Soi Cowboy and Nana!

When similar happened to me with BA I got fucked over in 3 countries and told to claim a refund in my next destination, until my final one, where they said I should have claimed it in London. London of course told me to claim in KSA!

BA are twats!

Edited by jacko
typo
  • Upvote 1

I got LAX -BKK for $568 on China Southern and did a separate thread on it. They fly a A380 out of LAX and has a short 2-3 hr layover in CAN. It has an 11 am arrival, which is great for me.

It will be my first time in a A380, so I look forward to it. We will see how it all goes. But at the end of the day it is getting me to Pattaya at a decent price.

I did Air China last year at about the same time. While the flights were on time, the layovers were too long (5 & 8 hrs), but the price was great at $447(but you can't get that this year).

Zeus