Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Eva timetable change?

Well they do have other aircraft....but even using B777-300ER they have 4 versions which each have different numbers of Economy seats.

I have just gone online to check my booking and YEP the cabin layout has changed with row 27 removed from Prem Econ...

I have just gone online to check my booking and YEP the cabin layout has changed with row 27 removed from Prem Econ...

Is it now in cattle class?

No idea. I just looked at the "seat change" bit in "manage my trip" which IIRC only showed that section..

Thanks.

I have several more return flights (all cattle class - LHR/BKK) booked with EVA over the next 8 months. A couple of points about that.

My trip to LOS which takes in Xmas and New Year was, predictably, more expensive. However, when the booking came through and I looked at "Manage Your Trip" on the EVA website, I found I had been given a Premium Economy seat on the return journey. I'm not complaining but am a bit mystified - and also slightly worried they will realise an error and I will be left with a choice of the last seats going in cattle class.

I've been through and re-checked my seats on all the flights. In a few cases, I see the seat configuration is 3-4-3 rather than 3-3-3 which I have always previously experienced. I'm 99% certain that it was 3-3-3 on all the flights when I first chose the seats. The 3-4-3 configuration also explains why there previously have been no "F" labelled seats.

Thanks.

I have several more return flights (all cattle class - LHR/BKK) booked with EVA over the next 8 months. A couple of points about that.

My trip to LOS which takes in Xmas and New Year was, predictably, more expensive. However, when the booking came through and I looked at "Manage Your Trip" on the EVA website, I found I had been given a Premium Economy seat on the return journey. I'm not complaining but am a bit mystified - and also slightly worried they will realise an error and I will be left with a choice of the last seats going in cattle class.

I've been through and re-checked my seats on all the flights. In a few cases, I see the seat configuration is 3-4-3 rather than 3-3-3 which I have always previously experienced. I'm 99% certain that it was 3-3-3 on all the flights when I first chose the seats. The 3-4-3 configuration also explains why there previously have been no "F" labelled seats.

I've just tryied to check again for more info but its not letting me log in...!!

EDIT = The site was down for maintenance....Now back up again. It only shows the Elite cabin seat layout. Row 26 is the last row.

Edited by Bullfrog

I prefer business class as my body has problems in cattle class and even premium cattle class. It means less trips but I can sleep and stretch out, lie on my side, etc.

So I was on seatguru.com and all of the airline websites that fly out of San Francisco looking at what they fly, how much they cost and times of arrival outbound and inbound.

Of all of the airlines I narrowed it down to EVA and China Air. Both leave SFO at around midnight and arrive in Bangkok late morning. Perfect for me. Air China is about $400 cheaper round trip and I am leaning toward them. However, I thought I would ask people to compare the two, if they have experience with both.

Thanks in advance.

I would pick EVA hands down over Air China (or China Southern).

China air is a Taiwan airline not to be confused with a Chinese carrier.

Economy to economy I would say China Air is slightly better. No experience with business class with either.

Economy to economy I would say China Air is slightly better. No experience with business class with either.

Well, they are $400 or so less expensive and I am pretty sure I will go with them. How much better could EVA business class be? I doubt $400 worth.

Well, they are $400 or so less expensive and I am pretty sure I will go with them. How much better could EVA business class be? I doubt $400 worth.

You would think so. A few years ago, I cashed in frequent flier miles and got business class with Delta for the big hops. Going I was on a 767 out of Portland. The seat was a torture device. I was happy when I got on the Narilta-Bangkok flight and had a semi-comfortable economy class seat. Returning, business class on a Delta 777 was far better.

You would think so. A few years ago, I cashed in frequent flier miles and got business class with Delta for the big hops. Going I was on a 767 out of Portland. The seat was a torture device. I was happy when I got on the Narilta-Bangkok flight and had a semi-comfortable economy class seat. Returning, business class on a Delta 777 was far better.

Yes, I went to Seat Guru so that I understood what they all are flying. Years ago I did a business class upgrade on a 747 with angled flat seating. It was not that great. It reminded me of a camping trip I did once where our camping spot was slightly angled. We woke up with parts of our sleeping bags outside the tent. I avoid 747s now if I can. I got a chuckle the other day when I saw that our presidential plane is still a 747.

Whatever happened to the Boeing negotiation for a new presidential jet? Well, that is a whole nother topic.

• 2 weeks later...

My recent trip was with EVA and they are running 3-3-3 in Econ.

I actually sent an email of thanks to the HQ because the CC were supremely professional in dealing with a passenger who kept demanding beer and wine, and was sat in the aisle adjacent to me. He got a little bit loud and annoying, until the senior CC came up to him and told him in no uncertain terms that anymore demands made of the crew for alcohol or indeed anything would not me met, and if he kept on asking for service via the call button he would be classed as disruptive and the Captain would be informed. I gather the message was understood loud and clear because we never heard a peep out of him for the rest of the flight.

EVA still run a decent operation, we left SVB 1.5 hours late though. I do feel for the CC because the girls were very busy all flight. When they switch to 3-4-3 I'll either stop being such a cheap cunt and fly Premium or switch to Thai.

EVA still run a decent operation, we left SVB 1.5 hours late though. I do feel for the CC because the girls were very busy all flight. When they switch to 3-4-3 I'll either stop being such a cheap cunt and fly Premium or switch to Thai.

I suspect those will be my options too.

• Upvote 1