Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi

Looking for suggestions as to the following:

Air con beer bar in the Bukhao / LKM area, serves good food and has a pool table , open during the daytime.

The Booze lounge used to be a decent venue, the only downfall was that it allowed smoking inside which is fine but when some clown lights up a Cigar it stinks the place out!.

* Edit in*

Helps also if the place is fairly quiet, i.e not playing that techno shit and where people can hold a conversation.

Edited by Butch

Hi

Looking for suggestions as to the following:

Air con beer bar in the Bukhao / LKM area, serves good food and has a pool table , open during the daytime.

The Booze lounge used to be a decent venue, the only downfall was that it allowed smoking inside which is fine but when some clown lights up a Cigar it stinks the place out!.

* Edit in*

Helps also if the place is fairly quiet, i.e not playing that techno shit and where people can hold a conversation.

Aircon's a tricky one...How about Metro on LK Metro with food from the Golf place brought accross...

I- Rovers is aircon but I have only sat outside so don't know if it has pool inside but I have never been served "good food" there ..

Retox is aircon but allows smoking and food is iffy, hit and miss.....and I dislike the female boss yelling at the waitresses.....Having somebody serve you in tears is not condusive to a pleasant time...

I have just thought of another place but it breaks my heart to say it....Does Retox Xtra (ex Bite Me) have a pool table..??? :(

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Upvote 1

Cheers Bullfrog, to be honest mate a pool table isn't a deal breaker, I rovers I agree has gone downhill with their food in recent times. I've never stepped foot in Retox and I've no idea where Retox Xtra is!.

I'm really after decent food, not too much noise and somewhere friends can have a chat where we can have lunch for a few hours & then move on if needs be.

Also, I might have asked this before elsewhere but what routes are the Baht buses running along Bukhao these days?.

Appreciate the reply,

Cheers

Butch

Cheers Bullfrog, to be honest mate a pool table isn't a deal breaker, I rovers I agree has gone downhill with their food in recent times. I've never stepped foot in Retox and I've no idea where Retox Xtra is!.

I'm really after decent food, not too much noise and somewhere friends can have a chat where we can have lunch for a few hours & then move on if needs be.

Also, I might have asked this before elsewhere but what routes are the Baht buses running along Bukhao these days?.

Appreciate the reply,

Cheers

Butch

Bite Me would have been perfect for your needs!!

A place I have walked passed that looks like it might fit your needs is the Bistro that was Pook Bar but I have never eaten in there..

Last year I would have recommended PBG (No aircon but doesn't need it - and it's not Buakhao!) but they changed chef and the food has gone down hill..

EDIT = Baht Buses are back to normal as far as I can see...

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Upvote 1

The Metro Apartments are air conditioned, they have a pool table, usually some girls hanging around that will play pool with you, and they have menus from the Golf Club restaurant/guesthouse, which is pretty much right across the street. Figure out what you want to eat and they'll call across the street to order it for you. When it's ready, someone will bring it over.

• Upvote 3

The Metro Apartments are air conditioned, they have a pool table, usually some girls hanging around that will play pool with you, and they have menus from the Golf Club restaurant/guesthouse, which is pretty much right across the street. Figure out what you want to eat and they'll call across the street to order it for you. When it's ready, someone will bring it over.

Yep that was first on my suggestions but the correct names esaped me....... also because they sell cider..!!!!

Edited by Bullfrog

Metro for me too. Very pleasant place for a chat, Guinness on tap :P, pleasant staff, and Golf Club food quite good, as well as having some pool tables in pretty good nick. Mine Host, Dennis McConville is a great bloke too.

Metro probably the perfect fit. Nickys fits the bill as well and has a pool table. Retox Game On and Robin Hood only a short walk away.

Edited by tallguy

Appreciate the reply,

Cheers

Butch

With the pool table out of the selection criteria, The Haven on Soi Lengkee would meet the remaining criteria.

Last year I would have recommended PBG (No aircon but doesn't need it - and it's not Buakhao!) but they changed chef and the food has gone down hill..

And indeed it has become worse than aweful. Great service from the girls but bad food coupled with closed toilets. Go there for a drink and you won't be dissappointed..

EDIT = for the first time since it opened the serving girls were asking for a tip "in hand"

Edited by Bullfrog

And indeed it has become worse than aweful. Great service from the girls but bad food coupled with closed toilets. Go there for a drink and you won't be dissappointed..

EDIT = for the first time since it opened the serving girls were asking for a tip "in hand"

I thought Pete was on top of this kind of stuff. He's always run a tight ship where PBG was concerned. I'm sorry to hear it is going downhill because more often than not PBG is my first stop for dinner and a few beers before venturing into Walking Street.

Looks like I might have to change my venue.

I thought Pete was on top of this kind of stuff. He's always run a tight ship where PBG was concerned. I'm sorry to hear it is going downhill because more often than not PBG is my first stop for dinner and a few beers before venturing into Walking Street.

Looks like I might have to change my venue.

It is still a great place to go for a drink but not for food. The serving girls remain hard working and fun to chat with....

• Upvote 1

It is still a great place to go for a drink but not for food. The serving girls remain hard working and fun to chat with....

Not all are fun.

A few do not fit Thailand's "Land Of Smiles" motto.

Never seen them smile.

A few days ago had just finished breakfast ( did not particularly enjoy) and felt something caught in my throat.

Got a little bottle of water from my bag and had a sip to wash it away just as a lady was bringing my coffee.

She said, nastily, " cannot bring drink from outside."

Bitch...

She would be the most unpleasant lady at PBG, and has been there a few years.

Not all are fun.

A few do not fit Thailand's "Land Of Smiles" motto.

Never seen them smile.

A few days ago had just finished breakfast ( did not particularly enjoy) and felt something caught in my throat.

Got a little bottle of water from my bag and had a sip to wash it away just as a lady was bringing my coffee.

She said, nastily, " cannot bring drink from outside."

Bitch...

She would be the most unpleasant lady at PBG, and has been there a few years.

Yes, I understand....I was trying to be more positive as I realised that recently I have been turning into a whinging , miserable old fart

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Metro is the perfect fit....

How do you know if you've never been to Pattaya before???

• Upvote 2

AKA The Cockhouse with all those ladyboys that work there.

Or used to.

I was very fond of Tah the Tongue - The wriggliest tongue in Pattaya!!!

Also I was sat outside the RH last Friday afternoon whilst a band was rehearsing for the evening. They sounded very good but I doubt many turned up for the real show......