Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Is that all down to drugs and Lebanese dealers? In the UK we all were led to believe Australian cities were fairly law abiding till they arrived.

I'm not PC by any means, but I don't think that the Lebanese or any particular ethnic group is responsible for drug dealing and drug related crime in Australia these days.

It was the ethnic Chinese importing heroin in the late 80's and early 90's and Vietnamese distributing it but it's different now.

People from all sort of ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds are involved in drug related crime and also gang activity nowadays..The bikie gangs were heavily into drug trafficking

and gun running on the Gold Coast in 2009-2013, but the former Newman government in QLD really cracked down on them after extreme violence on the streets and a shooting inside

a shopping mall.

It is funny how the Gold Coast is promoted as a "family friendly" destination by the Gold Coast City Council. It really makes me laugh. Maybe in 1985 it was. I've seen a heap of changes on the GC over the years,

mostly not for the better.

I'm not PC by any means, but I don't think that the Lebanese or any particular ethnic group is responsible for drug dealing and drug related crime in Australia these days.

It was the ethnic Chinese importing heroin in the late 80's and early 90's and Vietnamese distributing it but it's different now.

People from all sort of ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds are involved in drug related crime and also gang activity nowadays..The bikie gangs were heavily into drug trafficking

and gun running on the Gold Coast in 2009-2013, but the former Newman government in QLD really cracked down on them after extreme violence on the streets and a shooting inside

a shopping mall.

It is funny how the Gold Coast is promoted as a "family friendly" destination by the Gold Coast City Council. It really makes me laugh. Maybe in 1985 it was. I've seen a heap of changes on the GC over the years,

Is it really like Underbelly :P ?

Really, one of my all-time favorite series.

a shopping mall.

We've been made aware of attacks upon and the raping of young women and violence on certain beach areas in Australia involving young Lebanese men. Even the BBC has mentioned it in the past and you don't get much more PC than the BBC. We hear nothing about biker gang crime nor crime involving other groups of people.

Is it really like Underbelly :P ?

Really, one of my all-time favorite series.

The original Underbelly series was about the drug (mainly heroin) trade in Sydney in the late 70's early 80's. It was pretty accurate, although one character described as just a doctor was in fact the head of surgery at Sydney Hospital. He imported some great hashish from Lebanon, for some reason it smelt just like a rubbish tip which caused some mirth when we would take stuff to the local tip.

The original Underbelly series was about the drug (mainly heroin) trade in Sydney in the late 70's early 80's. It was pretty accurate, although one character described as just a doctor was in fact the head of surgery at Sydney Hospital. He imported some great hashish from Lebanon, for some reason it smelt just like a rubbish tip which caused some mirth when we would take stuff to the local tip.

The first Underbelly series was indeed very accurate. I am not sure if it was the one about Robert Trimbole ( Mr Asia ) and Terry Clarke. As far as I know that was the first episode, correct me if I'm wrong.

The first Underbelly series was indeed very accurate. I am not sure if it was the one about Robert Trimbole ( Mr Asia ) and Terry Clarke. As far as I know that was the first episode, correct me if I'm wrong.

That was the 4th season of the series http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/4483231/Underbelly-4-this-time-its-the-real-Mr-Asia

Pattaya GOGO bars are much safer than any venue shown in this series :P

Yep that was the one. Aussie Bob and the Kiwi. Responsible for a wave of heroin that washed across Sydney. It killed a couple of my friends and nearly got a few more.

That was the 4th season of the series http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/4483231/Underbelly-4-this-time-its-the-real-Mr-Asia

Pattaya GOGO bars are much safer than any venue shown in this series :P

The Aussie Bob series was the first one made and released in Oz. This one I think was later when they had Clarke as the main character. It was a brutal time. The other series about Carl Williams and the Melbourne feud was also reasonably accurate.

Edited by Chang_paarp

The Aussie Bob series was the first one made and released in Oz. This one I think was later when they had Clarke as the main character. It was a brutal time. The other series about Carl Williams and the Melbourne feud was also reasonably accurate.

My mistake on which season...reviewing my saved copies, the Kiwi heroin importer season was the 2nd season of the series. I do believe I will watch them again..it's been a few years.

Yes, much worse than Pattaya gogos...

Why is it that a lot of violence in Pattaya seems to take place inside or near a go go's? I've heard that Showgirls and Windmill in particular are to be avoided.

I never go to them anyway as I don't like anywhere where a door closes and you can't leave quickly.

Are these places run by thugs? What is the problem with them?

Because this violence helps eliminate the sex tourist that the TAT and rulers do not want. Tens of thousands of guys who don't want their pictures with their panties down around their ankles posted on the internet are deciding against Thailand now days. YMMV

Because this violence helps eliminate the sex tourist that the TAT and rulers do not want. Tens of thousands of guys who don't want their pictures with their panties down around their ankles posted on the internet are deciding against Thailand now days. YMMV

Ridiculous comment!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They are more likely to stay away due to the plethora of Youtube Vloggers rather than violence or cops...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn8Pua5rhj4