Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Is police cleaning Gogo and arresting foreigners ?

Hello,

my name is Georges, I am french,
sorry for my difficult english !
I am interested by the holiday's attraction of Pattaya (Koh Larn island, Benjem Beach..)
and also, of course, by the night attraction, the fun, the clubs, the bars, etc ...
I read some stressing news about Police arresting
farangs in clubs, in Windmill gogo, etc
Is Pattaya changing and becoming tough for tourists
looking for fun- is there a cleaning of the ladies business ?
I wander too how to proceed to avoid these police stress...
Thank you for your help guys

Hi George and welcome to the board. We have one of your Countrymen here :)

Don't worry about the arrests, it is very unlikely, in fact almost improbable that you will be in the bar at the same time of a Police raid, and in most cases, unless drugs are found the farang is allowed to go on about his business without prosecution, even if he is caught with a girl.

There are ladies available everywhere, but for a first time visit I would avoid Beach Road and only barfine from Beer Bars (which do not really get raided by the Police).

There are people on this board who have been going to Pattaya for 20, 30 or more years and do not concern themselves with Police raids. Also some guys live in Pattaya and don't worry about them.

All the threats and media promises about "cleaning Pattaya up" are just for the media and have been rumoured for years, nothing ever has happened though.

come to pattaya, enjoy your holiday and do not concern yourself with the stories you read.

• Upvote 1

George, I have removed your other exact same post elsewhere.

Koh :Larn has become a daily destination for large groups of Chinese now, there are alternatives further afield you might prefer.

Don't worry, the police do this sort of thing periodically. but it is very rare for tourists to be hassled. No way would I describe it as becoming tough for the tourists.

Edited by jacko

Pattaya can't be too bad if many people from other locales who previously lived in the Chonburi area are moving back. I know guys who lived in Pattaya in the late 90's and early 2000's

who are back there now.

I've only been a regular visitor since 2015, but there is certainly no singling out of foreigners in bars or discos as far as I can tell. It is generally more the local Thais who are hassled by police.

Those people who have a relatively low profile never get hassled at all.

Georges,,,,,,, Before coming to Pattaya you need to stand in front of a mirror and say "g'day mate" and "How ya goin', mate."

You see that the police just don't like the French but of course they love Australians so you need to trick them into thinking that you come from the land down under.

You might like to try throwing in a "ken Oath" or a "good onja" just to convince them.

:D

Just kidding George..I'm sure that the Thais have forgiven the French for the 1941 war.... apart from the Victory monument there is hardly a mention of it.

Georges. If we lived our lives on what we read and see we wouuld never do anyhing. Our lives would be paralasis by fear. I would suggest that France is a much more dangerous place than Thailand at the moment.

Every night I am in Pattaya I am in the the thick of it in bars and clubs and I get here and back flying Malaysian and none of them are as dangerous as a jealous Thai girlfriend!

Police harassment is more likely if you ride a motorbike past the Beach Road police station than in a agogo.

Or the man in police uniform is a farang...

• Upvote 1

OP, Georges. Google "Murphy's Law". Stick to what you know, the French have some great ladies, even asian type. Do not take the chance, Thailand and those who control it don't want you here.

• Downvote 3

Just kidding George..I'm sure that the Thais have forgiven the French for the 1941 war.... apart from the Victory monument there is hardly a mention of it.

Okay, had to think about that one for a bit.
  • 2 months later...

Make sure your piss is clean and you wont have any issues, unless you are caught balls deep in an on-site short time room.

still what they would do? 1000 fine, and ur face in news paper :)