Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

soi chayapoom getting resurfaced today

I was in Seaside earlier today and it seemed like the road is being resurfaced....or at least filling in the holes (in the road that is) ....Wonder how long it will last for this time...???

I have "walked" down this road many times in a state where I could easily fall arse over tit. Now if the fix all the pot holes what excuse can I use?

I have never known it to be anything other than potholed. I think I shall take a walk up there over the weekend just for the unique experience...

I have just walked the full length of it and there is no sign of re-surfacing anywhere. However, there were 2 adjacent potholes which looked like they might have had a bit of tarmac put in them recently.

It is in desperate need of resurfacing, though.

I have re-named Chayapoom as 'Soi Pot-hole'

Someone once told me that the road was owned by Toyota...not sure if that is true but possibly why it has never been fixed.

I have just walked the full length of it and there is no sign of re-surfacing anywhere. However, there were 2 adjacent potholes which looked like they might have had a bit of tarmac put in them recently.

As I was leaving Seaside this morning I just saw 2 trucks appear with tarmac and a steam roller at the 3rd road end...Obviously they used up the allocated amount on just two holes then......... Maybe more tomorrow....Ooooh isn't it exciting..

As I was leaving Seaside this morning I just saw 2 trucks appear with tarmac and a steam roller at the 3rd road end...Obviously they used up the allocated amount on just two holes then......... Maybe more tomorrow....Ooooh isn't it exciting..

The bit of tarmac I saw was about a third of the way down from Third Road. And it was clear a steamroller hadn't been used on it.

I suspect that what you saw was used elsewhere.

The bit of tarmac I saw was about a third of the way down from Third Road. And it was clear a steamroller hadn't been used on it.

I suspect that what you saw was used elsewhere.

Hahaha ..yep.. very likely...

EDIT = I might,of course, have hallucinated the whole scene... In which case may I recommend the mushroom soup in Seaside...

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Upvote 3

That will make a difference... can't take your eyes off the potholes normally so eyeing up service girls is very difficult.

Even tried parking the bike (that ain't easy, everyone lays claim to the street parking) and walked recently, that is also difficult when the potholes are filled with water.

Trouble is, when and if it becomes a smooth well surfaced road, it will also become a thoroughfare for large coaches full of Chinese heading to the shopping Malls or Beach, and may even become part of their tour route!

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

I have re-named Chayapoom as 'Soi Pot-hole'

Someone once told me that the road was owned by Toyota...not sure if that is true but possibly why it has never been fixed.

Maybe Toyota used it as a test track for their Hilux :-)

That will make a difference... can't take your eyes off the potholes normally so eyeing up service girls is very difficult.

Even tried parking the bike (that ain't easy, everyone lays claim to the street parking) and walked recently, that is also difficult when the potholes are filled with water.

Trouble is, when and if it becomes a smooth well surfaced road, it will also become a thoroughfare for large coaches full of Chinese heading to the shopping Malls or Beach, and may even become part of their tour route!

Totally agree...Pattaya needs sois like Chayapoom, Honey, and those between 3rd and Arunothai to stay as they are for a little surruptitious activity...

• Upvote 1

Well it was just a scattering of stones into the holes as far as I can see and that isn't going to last!

Well it was just a scattering of stones into the holes as far as I can see and that isn't going to last!

At the 3rd road end, it was almost a paved topping, then became gravel fill, then stopped completely before Canterbury Tales...that was a couple of days ago.

At the 3rd road end, it was almost a paved topping, then became gravel fill, then stopped completely before Canterbury Tales...that was a couple of days ago.

I went for another bowl of mushroom soup yesterday and noticed that the new gravel was diffent grades so those on a motorcy will either slide accross the small gravel or be dragged to a halt by the larger, looser gravel.

Unfortunately it's at the 3rd road end otherwise I'd have had another bowl of soup and sat and watched....

I went for another bowl of mushroom soup yesterday and noticed that the new gravel was diffent grades so those on a motorcy will either slide accross the small gravel or be dragged to a halt by the larger, looser gravel.

Unfortunately it's at the 3rd road end otherwise I'd have had another bowl of soup and sat and watched....

Where's this mushroom soup you go for?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Where's this mushroom soup you go for?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Seaside.It's a little greasy spoon style cafe where you can sit outside if you like to watch goings on....

The soup is Cambells condensed soup which Robins Nest and I-Rovers are incapable of putting in a saucepan, adding the correct amount of water and heating up...

They do a breakfast for 130 baht....greasy spoon style with spuds too.....but not for me....

EDIT = I have vague memories of going in there before 9am once, totally ratassed, and having the mixed grill which I think was deliciously filling...I think..

Edited by Bullfrog

I love the Sea Side. Great food for the money and one of the few places that is still old school Pattaya, not the posh posh fru fru that seems to be popping up every other week

My Soi of choice is Soi Lengkee which is good because I stay in guest houses opposite the Ned Kelly bar, will stop in the Ned Kelly for an occasional beer and get my food from the street carts out side the Family Mart or from the small eatery next to Ned Kelly.

The problem is that the road is wide enough to double as race tack and it seems that the idea is to start at the 3rd road end on a scooter and go as fast as you can until you hit the Soi Diana intersection. I don't know how many gears those scooters have but is seems mandatory to reach top gear well before

"Le Private" making enough noise for any pedestrians to get out of the way.

So what I hear you say? I learned years ago when I stayed in Soi 2 that you should never bar fine from the street you need to use to get back to your room. Soi Chayapoom is a great place to find a late night bed warmer without the worry of running the gauntlet of ex barfines. There is, of course the problem of getting out of the soi once you have bar fined from a few venues at each end. I started in the middle but after a week I needed to reevaluate .

• Upvote 1

Had a good measure of rain at my place last night and wonder if we are back to a moonscape there today!

Ah. they are luring you in......