Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Watch out! Watch out! There's a Triathlon about!

For all those finely toned beasts of a handsome man you'll be pleased to know that this coming weekend is the Pattaya Triathlon - the time to showcase your sporting talent to all the lovely ladies who have already ogled your physique every evening during your training periods up and down the Sois of Pattaya.

For the rest of us who are just slightly less toned or slightly less than we used to be, we must languish in the thoughts that Beach Road will probably be a complete cluster fuck whilst it carries on, certainly where the main swimming takes place and the transition area. The routes for the cycling or running is also currently a mystery to me, as it may be to some competitors on the day, but I'm sure it will be very professionally signposted, subject to no traffic restrictions being put into place!!

I believe such events take place early mornings so competitors are not too affected by the sun, but what they may not be aware of is the hordes of Chinese tourists with flags and towels who will be sharing the same stretch of Beach Road desperate to get into their spectacularly safe speedboats for their 'Icarus' moment far beyond the reach of the jet skis.

Have a nice weekend all!! B)

KM

• Upvote 2

If the swimming includes any area within 200 yds of Pattaya beach, the diesel/petrol slicks and filth will do them in.

If the swimming includes any area within 200 yds of Pattaya beach, the diesel/petrol slicks and filth will do them in.

That is an interesting point...I wonder where they will do the swim..??

Edited by Bullfrog

The cycling will be down Soi 13/3, (Pattayaland 1) and will cause great amusement to those on barstools in the Sugar Shack.

Edited by jacko

This might entail road closures that affect me.

Last year for one of these events I traveled about a mile to Rumpol for breakfast with the Orgasmootron in Kiss.......and it took me an hour and a half to get home via Bang Ampur and the Railway road the other side of Suk!!!

Thanks for the heads up.

This web page gives you details of the start time and the race is on Sunday morning. https://rxa.myraceonline.com/th/ptts17/Registrations

and this is the video of last year, giving you an idea of parts of the routes

http://www.thailandtrileague.com

See you all bright and breezy on Sunday morning!! :zzz:

KM

My neighbours are happy.....They are road sweepers and are getting loads of OT in..... They've just gone past with 2 bottles of seesip degree...

They sure know how to party!!

My neighbours are happy.....They are road sweepers and are getting loads of OT in..... They've just gone past with 2 bottles of seesip degree...

They sure know how to party!!

Wait until tomorrow, they'll have plenty to clear up then!!

first race begins at 6, I think, I hope they have good tyres on their bikes to get over the speed bumps on the course!

KM

Is it true that walking st has been shut down tonight , in preparation for the event?

Clubs, Bars and Agogo "on Walking Street" had to close at 2AM.

Tonight they will have to close at Midnight.

Clubs, Bars and Agogo "on Walking Street" had to close at 2AM.

Tonight they will have to close at Midnight.

Do you mean they have to close at midnight on Sunday night/Monday morning?

I was thinking the early closure was only for midnight Saturday.

Cycling portion in progress on lower Tappraya on the inside lanes. Outer lanes open to vehicles. Pretty sure the U-turns are blocked.

Looks like the cycling is finished and traffic in Jomtien del Norte returned to normal.

Looks like the cycling is finished and traffic in Jomtien del Norte returned to normal.

4 neighbours have just sped off wearing their hi-viz and carrying their brooms ...

Do you mean they have to close at midnight on Sunday night/Monday morning?

No, I meant Saturday evening,

but didn't see it was already Saturday (4 minutes in!) when I posted ;)

So everything should be back to normal from now :)

No, I meant Saturday evening,

but didn't see it was already Saturday (4 minutes in!) when I posted ;)

So everything should be back to normal from now :)

Yes, I checked your post timestamp too, and was confused.

So, it's all finished now

Good.