Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Like it says on the tin,Chaba Hut are gits.I just got back from a family holiday yesterday and am flying out to fun town today , but on opening my email I find an email from Mia at Chaba hut telling me that the price I had negotiated and confirmed with them (20,000 for 31 days) has now been changed to 24,000 for 30 days and if I dont like it tuff. I am now booked into Maxx Central for 14,500 for the month + leccy and water so it's cheaper and no hassle to change even at the last minute. I haven't been treated like this in the past so why now , are they suddenly able to look at 20,000 and say no I would rather lose that and try to make a little more. So TIT is still alive and well and we just have to suck it up or do as I did and go elsewhere.Watch your backs lads they are trying to get their hands in out pockets in ever more devious ways.wheels up in 10 hours and 7 minutes.

• Upvote 1

Like it says on the tin,Chaba Hut are gits.I just got back from a family holiday yesterday and am flying out to fun town today , but on opening my email I find an email from Mia at Chaba hut telling me that the price I had negotiated and confirmed with them (20,000 for 31 days) has now been changed to 24,000 for 30 days and if I dont like it tuff. I am now booked into Maxx Central for 14,500 for the month + leccy and water so it's cheaper and no hassle to change even at the last minute. I haven't been treated like this in the past so why now , are they suddenly able to look at 20,000 and say no I would rather lose that and try to make a little more. So TIT is still alive and well and we just have to suck it up or do as I did and go elsewhere.Watch your backs lads they are trying to get their hands in out pockets in ever more devious ways.wheels up in 10 hours and 7 minutes.

It's low season and there are empty rooms all over Pattaya right now. And quite a few empty bars!

Sometimes their attitude is rather baffling and I doubt even many Thai folk would stand for some of the strokes they pull.

For around 10 years now I've been going in a certain Gogo Bar based in Soi Bhukaow 2 or 3 times a week whenever I'm in Pattaya. I was in there a few nights back where I had arranged to meet two of my friends from London. As well as us there were about 5 other punters in the place at 11 pm. My two pals are not newbies but don't come to Pattaya much anymore because of their financial situations.

They'd watered down one of my friends drinks and would not rectify the matter so they check binned and left without leaving a tip never to return. I'd sipped his vodka and coke and true enough you could hardly taste the alcohol in it. I felt a bit of a fool because I'd recommended the place and arranged to meet them in there! I'd told my pals, 'We'll be OK, they know me in there blah blah blah.'

Then when I'd drunk up and check binned they short changed me by 200 baht. It took 15 minures before they admitted their 'mistake' and coughed up my 200 baht. And I'd earlier bought three of the girls lady drinks as I normally do. I also check binned without leaving a tip and neither will I be going in there again. I've been scratching my head about their stupidity ever since.

It was quite unbelievable.

Edited by yogi100
  • Upvote 2

Good response sinbinjack, vote with your wallet. The stupidity really is unbelievable sometimes, as every low season gets even lower and customers are harder to come by, yet the scams on drinks and bins go on as before.

• Upvote 1

I thought that Chaba hut had a half decent reputation as well. Good idea sinbinjack, vote with your feet mate.

Yogi, it's pretty poor form of them to water down spirits, but I suppose they thought Vodka can be diluted without the customer noticing. Would this GGB happen to be on the corner of a street and name beginning with O ?. If so I only went in once, never again.

I thought that Chaba hut had a half decent reputation as well. Good idea sinbinjack, vote with your feet mate.

Yogi, it's pretty poor form of them to water down spirits, but I suppose they thought Vodka can be diluted without the customer noticing. Would this GGB happen to be on the corner of a street and name beginning with O ?. If so I only went in once, never again.

You've got it Butch. It's also the only GGB in Soi Bhukaow.

Myself and a few friends who use it have always found it a convenient and agreeable place in which to have a drink mainly because it's near our lodgings.

It's easy to find especially if a pal who is new to or not overly familiar with Pattaya wants to meet up for a drink.

It did regular Happy Hour deals that often extended to closing time.

You got very generous measures especially if you were a regular punter. You can't dilute the taste of alcohol. Prior to this occurrence the staff treat us well and with courtesy.

You could watch pretty girls dancing in A/C comfort and naturally we became friends with some of these floozies and became fond of 'em just like you would with friendly female bar staff back in Falangland. And like any GGB they have had some right darlings in there over the years.

Just like the OP the attitude of the Thais sometimes has me flumoxed. And the OP had not even arrived in Pattaya when he made his post on the forum.

• Upvote 2

I'm sure we all come across this type of thing, I've had in a bar I used for four years, in hotels and in businesses around Pattaya.

I don't know if this is true - but I put it down in part to their beliefs - Thai's only seem to live for today, they may be dead tomorrow and come back as something else. So worrying about what may happen tomorrow isn't in their psyche.

With most Thai's if you offer them 1000 baht today or 2000 baht tomorrow they will all go for the 1000 today ( although most will want the 2000 tomorrow as well)

Just a thought but is as logical as what actually happens.

Just my tjhoughts on the Chaba Hut. I guess that I first looked at this place about ten years ago. I thought that the rooms were sterile and really didnt suit me. I went back perhaps another three times, took the tour but could never warm to it.

Location is however great as long as you can live with the lack of pavements in Soi Buakhao.

Accommodation in Pattaya is plentiful and I cannot but think that your description as "Gits" is spot on. My accommodation tells me months ahead of possible rises and any extra services that they feel they can charge for and I am fine with that. On a monthly stay I get free meals, communal barbecue, the odd drink and every complaint, should there be one, is acted on immediately. There are some good guys out there.

I get the impression this sort of shit happens more as we get into low season.

Places and staff are making less money, and try to compensate by cheating in some way.

The owner suffers but the staff won't care.

I was given a bottle of beer that had been 'messed with' recently... ie I believe the contents where not fresh SML, I have been drinking the stuff for a decade or more and know what it tastes like. Fortunately the mamasan changed it for me and the taste of the replacement was fine and very different. I also had to send a beer back for being warm in LK Metro, I am not paying 150 baht for a warm beer, They nagged me because I had squeezed my lemon in it and tasted it, but at least it got replaced. (You just know the top will be banged back on and someone else will get it!)

I try to be positive and think, well years ago, getting it replaced would have been hard!

Welcome to Maxx,ive lived here a few years.

Just my tjhoughts on the Chaba Hut. I guess that I first looked at this place about ten years ago. I thought that the rooms were sterile and really didnt suit me. I went back perhaps another three times, took the tour but could never warm to it.

Location is however great as long as you can live with the lack of pavements in Soi Buakhao.

Accommodation in Pattaya is plentiful and I cannot but think that your description as "Gits" is spot on. My accommodation tells me months ahead of possible rises and any extra services that they feel they can charge for and I am fine with that. On a monthly stay I get free meals, communal barbecue, the odd drink and every complaint, should there be one, is acted on immediately. There are some good guys out there.

Care to share your Accomodation's name and location? Cost? I'm coming for a month soon and would love a nice place.

I am staying at the Maxx Central just off 3rd road, you can google it, and their attitude could not be further from the Chaba huts. I arrived at 9 last night and was shown to my room by the "porter" , who carried my bags and was told I could pay tomorrow . I was a little concerned about the room as it was much larger than I expected ,having a separate bedroom but on checking with the receptionist this morning I was told OK its an upgrade for same price. If I was techie enough I would post pics of this lovely room that is by far the best I have stayed in in Pattaya , though my standards here are low, but it is as good as anywhere I have stayed in the UK or europe.I am now quite pleased to have been messed around by Chaba Hut and as long as the rest of my holiday goes this well I will be making this place my new regular spot in Pattaya .

PS the first person I spoke to was PattySteve when we both had a swim this morning nice bloke thanks for the heads up.

PPS one other small thing they gave me the monthly room rate for all 31 days of my stay as opposed to the normal 30 day month I expected, really a good find.

One last thing for anyone coming to pattaya the money changers stay open till 10pm and are offering just over 2 baht to the pound than the airport changers so the £1000 that I changed at swampy was 2712 baht less than I got in pattaya this morning. So be warned the difference is huge, much greater than it used to be.

Edited by sinbinjack
  • Upvote 2

I think that you also have an on site Gentlemen's Club on site at the Max?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

They do indeed , but I have always considered that mongering so near to home is not something I would do or recommend.

• 1 month later...

The very same thing happened to a friend of mine at the "Chaba hut ". He had booked in for early june this year at a

agreed price of 21,000 baht for 30 days .

Seven days before he travelled he got a email from chaba hut to say the price he would have to pay is now 23,000 baht.

The very same thing happened to a friend of mine at the "Chaba hut ". He had booked in for early june this year at a

agreed price of 21,000 baht for 30 days .

Seven days before he travelled he got a email from chaba hut to say the price he would have to pay is now 23,000 baht.

Had he paid any money up-front?

And how far ahead did he book?

Just wondering .... I agree changing the price just 7 days before is taking the piss, but also expect some deposit to fix a future booking.

Just wondering .... I agree changing the price just 7 days before is taking the piss, but also expect some deposit to fix a future booking.

With me there was no ask for a deposit , but I did book it late about 2 weeks before My arrival . in my case they effectively gave me 2 days notice as I had been on holiday with no internet and got the email increasing the price 48 hours or so before I left for Pattaya. I would recomend anyone to go elsewhere because these gits can not be trusted , and in my opinion twice is a pattern not an accident.

I fully agree - a deal should be a deal.

But I fail to see how the frequency of a customer checking his email has any bearing on how long notice the hotel has given.

If you did not check at all you would not have been given notice ?

Sendt fra min ALE-L21 med Tapatalk

Edited by Odense

he has stayed at Chaba hut many times , booked direct via email, never paid up-front , booked 3 months before he travelled.

he has stayed at Chaba hut many times , booked direct via email, never paid up-front , booked 3 months before he travelled.

Yes a regular customer should not get 'gazupmed'.........

• 2 weeks later...

It's low season and there are empty rooms all over Pattaya right now. And quite a few empty bars!

Sometimes their attitude is rather baffling and I doubt even many Thai folk would stand for some of the strokes they pull.

For around 10 years now I've been going in a certain Gogo Bar based in Soi Bhukaow 2 or 3 times a week whenever I'm in Pattaya. I was in there a few nights back where I had arranged to meet two of my friends from London. As well as us there were about 5 other punters in the place at 11 pm. My two pals are not newbies but don't come to Pattaya much anymore because of their financial situations.

They'd watered down one of my friends drinks and would not rectify the matter so they check binned and left without leaving a tip never to return. I'd sipped his vodka and coke and true enough you could hardly taste the alcohol in it. I felt a bit of a fool because I'd recommended the place and arranged to meet them in there! I'd told my pals, 'We'll be OK, they know me in there blah blah blah.'

Then when I'd drunk up and check binned they short changed me by 200 baht. It took 15 minures before they admitted their 'mistake' and coughed up my 200 baht. And I'd earlier bought three of the girls lady drinks as I normally do. I also check binned without leaving a tip and neither will I be going in there again. I've been scratching my head about their stupidity ever since.

It was quite unbelievable.

Remember that baffling term,Thai logic?