Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Soi 6 now closed during the day?

I arrived at Scooters , soi 6, yesterday just before 11am but it hadn't yet opened which was a surprise because the Tom is normally quite happy to serve me early. I was then told by the cleaner that no bars on soi 6 were allowed to open yesterday before 6pm.

Today I spoke to a cashier from one of the bars and she said that for the forseeable future bars can open at 5pm and start serving at 6pm...

Apparantly she got a hefty fine (not sure what for) which her boss paid for her...

Anyone know WTF is going on...?..

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already been done.   Let's see if they can weather this round of enforcement and attention.   They brought it on themselves by being so visible on social media, esp Facebook and Youtube.

Thanks.   I shall revert to posting "elsewhere"..as it seems better informed..   I walked a couple of hours today to see for myself........but can't be assed to post what I now know.......... and

I love the fact that I got redded for this post......I walked 2 fucking hours today and talked to people rather than reproduce what is said on other forums...   Previously I walked fucking hours to

According to a post on PA,there was a news report on a Pattaya radio station to the effect that the Mayor is enforcing the terms of the licences,which are 5pm opening and 6pm alcohol service. Another post by a bar manager suggests it's a temporary situation,but that might be wishful thinking.

The radio segment also mentioned that "no new go-go licences will be issued and those in designated family areas will not get them renewed next new-year".

According to a post on PA,there was a news report on a Pattaya radio station to the effect that the Mayor is enforcing the terms of the licences,which are 5pm opening and 6pm alcohol service. Another post by a bar manager suggests it's a temporary situation,but that might be wishful thinking.

The radio segment also mentioned that "no new go-go licences will be issued and those in designated family areas will not get them renewed next new-year".

Thanks..

Neither of the other 2 Scooters appeals to me (day or night), my visits to Le Pub are giving me grief ( for personal reasons I normally stay away from WS), sois Honey and Chayapoom are for ST activity only......Looks like I shall be spending more time in NP and Soi Post Office then.....

Bugger!!

This will blow over, right?

Most likely.......

My immediate concern is for the QV and the visa shop out back....Surely the QV will have a daytime licence .... I may check today..

Didn't the GGBs on soi 13/1 and 13/2 get instructed not to open before 5 or 6 a while back?

I rode down 13/2 about midday and it looked like they were getting ready to open.

Didn't the GGBs on soi 13/1 and 13/2 get instructed not to open before 5 or 6 a while back?

I rode down 13/2 about midday and it looked like they were getting ready to open.

I was down there last week ( to check my PO Box you understand) and they were happily calling people in around 2pm...

This will blow over, right?

The only people who could answer that are Thais in positions of authority and I doubt even they know at this point. According to a post on another board, out-of-town heavy weights are behind the latest crackdown and i's not a local effort. Another theory is that bar owners haven't heeded warnings about the way girls are clothed and act outside the bars and this is a way of showing them who's boss. A corollary to that theory says some influential Thai voices want laws and regulations to be followed and that includes no sale of alcohol in bars before 6.00 p.m.

But if history is any guide, yes, it will blow over.

My immediate concern is for the QV and the visa shop out back....Surely the QV will have a daytime licence .... I may check today..

Also according to a post elsewhere, the QV is a licensed hotel with a full-service restaurant and is not subject to the restrictions on alcohol sales by bars.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 1

That was around July last year. After about a couple of weeks they were opening early afternoon but no dancing. Shortly after that they were back to operating as normal.

Also according to a post elsewhere, the QV is a licensed hotel with a full-service restaurant and is not subject to the restrictions on alcohol sales by bars.

Evil

:devil

Thanks.

I shall revert to posting "elsewhere"..as it seems better informed..

I walked a couple of hours today to see for myself........but can't be assed to post what I now know.......... and what I now know aint gonna be posted "elsewhere"..... but why the fuck should I bother

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thanks.

I shall revert to posting "elsewhere"..as it seems better informed..

I walked a couple of hours today to see for myself........but can't be assed to post what I now know.......... and what I now know aint gonna be posted "elsewhere"..... but why the fuck should I bother

I love the fact that I got redded for this post......I walked 2 fucking hours today and talked to people rather than reproduce what is said on other forums...

Previously I walked fucking hours to ask about Sandy Springs and quiz nights..

Fuck you you lazy cunt that redded me!!

• Upvote 2

I love the fact that I got redded for this post......I walked 2 fucking hours today and talked to people rather than reproduce what is said on other forums...

Previously I walked fucking hours to ask about Sandy Springs and quiz nights..

Fuck you you lazy cunt that redded me!!

Post deleted...Red deleted ..fine by me..

Edited by Bullfrog

With this , I'd expect the GC's business to improve slightly.

Bullfrog, don't worry about it mate. some BM's do it deliberately, normally the same one's who are ungrateful and happy to lurk around and take info from PT but give fuckall back.

With this , I'd expect the GC's business to improve slightly.

Bullfrog, don't worry about it mate. some BM's do it deliberately, normally the same one's who are ungrateful and happy to lurk around and take info from PT but give fuckall back.

Coincidentally (?) they just raided Rioja GC yesterday, so it looks like the squeeze is on from all sides.

Caught in the middle of the act…The oral act

A team of Pattaya police and army personnel have raided a popular gentleman’s club in South Pattaya to find illegal oral sexual activity taking place.

At around 6:30pm on June 19th, Pattaya police joined up with a squad of army soldiers after receiving reports that sexual services were available for purchase at popular gentleman’s club, Rioja.

3 of 3
rioja-3.jpg?zoom=2.5&resize=630%2C420
rioja-4.jpg?zoom=2.5&resize=630%2C420
rioja.jpg?zoom=2.5&resize=630%2C420

Undercover police entered the premises first, armed with 3,000 baht. The plan was to confirm that sexual services could definitely be purchased before raiding the establishment.

To the amazement of absolutely nobody, police quickly confirmed the reports and made their way inside.

The establishment is set out across 2 floors and covers approximately 150 Sq. metres.

Downstairs police found there to be around 15 bar girls entertaining customers in a friendly manner.

Making their way upstairs, they found some short time rooms where customers were able to have some fun with a girl of their choosing. Entering the first room police found a young girls entertaining her customer on the bed.

A few moments later they entered a second room where they found 2 girls giving oral pleasure to a foreign customer inside a Jacuzzi bath tub.. Police also found condoms, lubricants, and kamagra jellies in the rooms.

Police collected as much evidence as they needed including photos and made their way back downstairs where they were introduced to a 52 year old woman who claimed to be in charge of running the business.

She was taken down to the police station for further questioning and police will be looking to file charges in the near future.

They also sent a strong message out to other establishments that may be involved in similar activity that they will be continuing raids in the coming weeks.

• Upvote 2

Blimey, does nobody lock the door these days!

The squeeze may be on. Ten Chinese tourists are worth one of us and it appears that ratio will be far exceeded.

I was thinking only yesterday do I want to remain here, as I was simply doing a little shopping and seemingly surrounded by people shouting at one another and walking backwards at me!

// Ten Chinese tourists are worth one of us and //

How that?

All recent TOT reports show that the average Chinese tourist spend more than the average Western tourist.

Wikipedia also indicates US$180 per day for Chinese tourists against US$160 for the average tourist in Thailand.

Edited by Idefix

To me, this is the most concerning sentence in that article:

"The crackdown also follows an increase in the number of undercover stings used to target bars and massage parlours that are suspected of selling sexual services."

Flashing the lights in a gogo isn't going to work if the enemy is already within.

• Upvote 2

How that?

All recent TOT reports show that the average Chinese tourist spend more than the average Western tourist.

Wikipedia also indicates US$180 per day for Chinese tourists against US$160 for the average tourist in Thailand.

Just off the top of my head and an attempt to generate discussion.

Most of the Chinese I see are in large groups being led around, they all go to eat in a cafeteria like environment, there is one near the Tesco Lotus just over Sukhumvit/ Soi Siam CC area and coaches come and go all evening. The rest are wandering in shopping malls but I don't see them buying much.

If the 'average' Chinese tourist spends more than the average western tourist I would be surprised!

TOT reports are mostly BS, Where does Wiki get its data?

There weren't many buying LDs in the GGBs last night.

Edited by jacko

Snitches make sure the doors are unlocked for easy BIB entry...

So they are the ones in the jacuzzu getting their dxcks sucked?

Just off the top of my head and an attempt to generate discussion.

Most of the Chinese I see are in large groups being led around, they all go to eat in a cafeteria like environment, there is one near the Tesco Lotus just over Sukhumvit/ Soi Siam CC area and coaches come and go all evening. The rest are wandering in shopping malls but I don't see them buying much.

I just think they don't spend their money in these places where you saw them.

By example what about the gemstones & jewelry huge shops, like the one near Pattaya City Mall? Its park is often full of big busses and - I didn't really count - but they seem a huge majority of Chinese ones.

Operators would not continue to bring thousand of tourists there every day if none was buying.

Same thing for the big Duty-Free shop on Sukhumvit. Their bill there can be huge!

I just think they don't spend their money in these places where you saw them.

By example what about the gemstones & jewelry huge shops, like the one near Pattaya City Mall? Its park is often full of big busses and - I didn't really count - but they seem a huge majority of Chinese ones.

Operators would not continue to bring thousand of tourists there every day if none was buying.

Same thing for the big Duty-Free shop on Sukhumvit. Their bill there can be huge!

Absolutely, they are a big part of the traffic problem.

Very much what I would call 'package tourists'....

They do have a reputation for keeping the money in the 'Chinese Domain', as per the zero dollar tourists.

You are likely right that I won't see them spending money, zero chance of me going to the Gem shop on North Rd or crowding onto a ferry with them to Koh Larn.

Edited by jacko

China government is trying to crack down on the zero dollar tours, clearly not working.

Literally hundreds of Chinese on Walking Street early evenings following the flag bearer, buying nothing, taking selfies, hurrying along gawking.

I am at the RG and the hill has at times anywhere from 14-20 buses both sides that park there after dropping off the tourists for their non-spending tourism, then they all gear just after nightfall and go down to collect them and disappear. I guess they stay in Jomtien? There are enough buses for close to 1000 people.

QV is indeed open for drinks and food daily as I enjoy a pre-5 or 6 p.m. draft Stowford each day when I can. Also after 2 there are chickies in the Soi 6 bars with the shutters anywhere from closed to 1/2 down to open and they are catcalling to handsome men, so I have to think some activity is happening before 6.