Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Soi 6 now closed during the day?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already been done.   Let's see if they can weather this round of enforcement and attention.   They brought it on themselves by being so visible on social media, esp Facebook and Youtube.

Thanks.   I shall revert to posting "elsewhere"..as it seems better informed..   I walked a couple of hours today to see for myself........but can't be assed to post what I now know.......... and

I love the fact that I got redded for this post......I walked 2 fucking hours today and talked to people rather than reproduce what is said on other forums...   Previously I walked fucking hours to

According to this Bangkok Post article at least one of them was getting his jollies in the jacuzzi http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crime/1272211/three-clubs-raided-in-pattaya

"Mr Naris also led a raid on the Rioja Gentleman's Club on Soi 2 Wat Boon Kanchanaram about 6.30pm on Monday after a foreign man posing as a customer went inside first, asking to buy sexual services.

Officials later found the spy naked with a Thai woman in a jacuzzi in a room at the club, and two Thai women were caught providing sex services to foreign men identified as club patrons, said Mr Naris."

If what I am reading elsewhere is to be believed, the 'spy' is the same one used on the Bliss raid a few weeks ago. The pictures of him were clear enough then so it's a shame that Rioja security were not better informed.

Word I get from a very good source on Soi 6 is this clampdown is per Bangkok orders, not local. Licenses have always been for 6 pm alcohol service and anything earlier has been a license violation. That of course has been pretty much ignored for the most part. These limited hours are likely to continue "for awhile". And as EVIL mentioned in post #9 there's some concern about the girl's behavior on the street, especially some strutting their stuff dressed only in a micro bikini. Yes, some bars continue semi-clandestine operation, however half a dozen or so have been caught out. 100K baht can make that potential problem go away.

According to this Bangkok Post article at least one of them was getting his jollies in the jacuzzi http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crime/1272211/three-clubs-raided-in-pattaya

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well somebody came too soon!

Posing as a customer......that amused me.

Edited by jacko

This crackdown is one of the more serious ones i seen recently. I think it will all blow over but wondering how many tourists will be tainted and start heading elsewhere like A.C.

This crackdown is one of the more serious ones i seen recently. I think it will all blow over but wondering how many tourists will be tainted and start heading elsewhere like A.C.

Agreed. I've just heard, (from the manager), that a large beer bar on Thappraya Road going down to Jomtien Beach has got a 30 day closure order for being open a few minutes after their licenced hours. The evidence came from the computerised billing system.

If what I am reading elsewhere is to be believed, the 'spy' is the same one used on the Bliss raid a few weeks ago. The pictures of him were clear enough then so it's a shame that Rioja security were not better informed.

Not the same guy that did Bliss, according to the owner of Bliss today at lunch.

On the opening hours at 6 pm issue, recall that the bars on LK Metro were done for opening before 6 pm a while back. Those hours remain in force to the present day.

Perhaps this really is the end of daytime fun on the six.

I did go down Soi 6 today and many, tho not all, bars were open, but from what i was told, no alcohol was sold until 6.

Girls, ST and soft drinks. Isn't that enough?

On the opening hours at 6 pm issue, recall that the bars on LK Metro were done for opening before 6 pm a while back. Those hours remain in force to the present day.

Perhaps this really is the end of daytime fun on the six.

I did go down Soi 6 today and many, tho not all, bars were open, but from what i was told, no alcohol was sold until 6.

Girls, ST and soft drinks. Isn't that enough?

That happened just after the coup in 2014. The four GGBs that had been opening in the afternoon were told they could not open until 6pm. That ruling still stands for the GGBs but the various other guesthouses and beer bars are still open.

EDIT. Re MM's query about girls, ST and soft drinks being enough. I walked down Soi 6 around 4 - 4.30 the other afternoon. There were a few bars with girls but nothing going on and only a couple seemed to have customers and most didn't seem to be selling even soft drinks. From my perspective I might take another look down there in a couple of weeks but I won't be rushing back.

Edited by tallguy

That happened just after the coup in 2014. The four GGBs that had been opening in the afternoon were told they could not open until 6pm. That ruling still stands for the GGBs but the various other guesthouses and beer bars are still open.

EDIT. Re MM's query about girls, ST and soft drinks being enough. I walked down Soi 6 around 4 - 4.30 the other afternoon. There were a few bars with girls but nothing going on and only a couple seemed to have customers and most didn't seem to be selling even soft drinks. From my perspective I might take another look down there in a couple of weeks but I won't be rushing back.

How about the Queen Vic and the Nelson. Still serving booze?

How about the Queen Vic and the Nelson. Still serving booze?

QV still serving, not sure about the status of Lord Nelson, (thought it was closed), but I don't think those bars are the reason most people visit Soi 6!!!

Queen Vic has a restaurant licence not a bar licence, so not affected by the current shenanigans. Budget for a plate of fries to ensure there are no hassles, that way you have ordered food (that is how we do it in Oz).

So they are the ones in the jacuzzu getting their dxcks sucked?

Ducks Sicked?

Any recent info of things in AC? My memory is they were having problems with police raids and even westerners arrested a while back?

Edit in: Westerners were held briefly but never actually charged???

Edited by BigusDicus

Walking Street was very quiet this morning at ~6AM

Clearly every agogo, club, disco was closed long ago because none of their staff to be seen as usual chatting, drinking or eating in the street.

No noise on WS at the level of Marine/Peppermint as JP Bar and the opposite bar with loud late live band (Heart Rock?) were closed and empty.

Slightly off topic, but is it business as usual at Tahitian Queen and Kinnaree in the afternoons?

Kinnaree is open but some of the GCs might take action to stay on the right side of the authorities. For instance I have just seen on Facebook that Passion have postponed their Jelly Wrestling contest due to 'unforseen circumstances'.

QV still serving, not sure about the status of Lord Nelson, (thought it was closed), but I don't think those bars are the reason most people visit Soi 6!!!

Yes Nelson was closed, I thought for renovation, but perhaps not. It didn't seem to be doing much on my past trips.

Any recent info of things in AC? My memory is they were having problems with police raids and even westerners arrested a while back?

Edit in: Westerners were held briefly but never actually charged???

There's more to worry about in PI than bar raids:

Philippines Becomes Hotbed For ISIS Activity As Foreign Jihadis Join The Fight

That's some heavy-duty stuff going on in Mindanao: Gov't to halt Marawi offensives for 8 hours to observe end of Ramadan

"Some 300 people have been killed while tens of thousands were displaced by a month of fighting between government troops and Maute extremists in the southern lakeside city.
The government has declared a national holiday on Monday for Eid'l Fitr, the official end of the month-long fast.
Adiong said around 300 civilians were still trapped in Marawi that has been heavily damaged by air strikes, ground assaults, and sniper fire.
The fighting prompted President Rodrigo Duterte to place the entire Mindanao under martial law."
But the familiar bar raids continue in A/C, plus some other schemes to squeeze money out of tourists:
BEWARE - Police Set-ups are back in Angeles; 'Planting of prostitutes' reported in Pampanga
CAMP OLIVAS, Pampanga – If there is "tanim-bala" in Manila airports, there is now "Tanim- P–a" (planting prostitutes) scheme in Angeles City that victimizes foreigners.
This alarming news cropped up during the recent meeting among top officials of Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) and members of the Regional Advisory Council, (CIDG-RAC).
And this new scheme is more severe and cruel than the much hated “tanim-bala” at the airport since the victims, mostly foreign businessmen, would be threatened by some erring policemen in Angeles city with filing of a non-bailable crime of rape, abduction, among others if they ( victims) would not agree to pay huge amount of money to “settle their case.”
Reports received by Senior Supt Benjamin Silo, Jr., showed that a number of foreigners, some of whom Koreans and Americans, have fallen prey to the modus operandi of unscrupulous policemen who are in cahoots with prostitutes.
Under the set up, the prostitutes and their police partners would look for foreigners who are looking for a partner for the night.
The CIDG official told Silo that once the foreigner and the prostitute agreed to go to a hotel “for a fee” the girl would create a drama and suddenly accuse her partner of rape and abduction.
At this juncture, the policemen-cohort of the woman would suddenly arrive on the pretext of investigating the rape or abduction complaint lodged against the unsuspecting “customer.”
Worse, there are also minors being offered to customers, and once the foreigners bite it, they would be immediately arrested for non-bailable offense.
The erring police would then inform and threaten the customers that their cases are serious ones and they may rot in jail if they would not immediately settle the fabricated charges. (Mar T. Supnad)
SOURCE: Tempo.com
posted by JC on 2016-05-03
Evil
:devil
Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 1

:clueless are they open past midnight? As i recall i few years back some bars had to

close at midnight it was in their license. that only gave them 6 hours to make baht.

Think BIB will drop tea money to half? :rotflmao :poke2 When the miss and kids go north may have to stroll down and see.

:bonk

Evil, just to make a slight edit to your excellent post if I may, I'll explain "tanim bala" for those unaware.

"tanim bala" is the scam whereby some corrupt official plants a live bullet in your luggage, then rinse you for a fine for attempting to carry prohibited items into an airport. This is not necessarily done as you pass through security, the corrupt official might stop you as you get out of the Taxi before going in , showing his ID and stating it is for pre security purposes. This, as a rule does NOT happen at NAIA, as anyone who's ever been there will see that it's crawling with Police, and anyone pulling this kind of stunt is going to get caught by their superiors. It mostly happens at provincial and small airports where security is handled by a small group of PNP or external security.

The way around this is to actually fire a lot of questions to the officer or guard before opening and allowing him access to your luggage and demanding his superior comes along and another witness. Not foolproof but it might help. Ask for ID, make a note on a piece of paper or record it on your phone.

"tanim puta" (the "puta" was edited in Evils reports as "p-a" but it is actually "puta") which of course means "whore" in tagalog. Planting whores is not a revolutionary concept in the field of scamming foreigners, but it goes on and the filipino's are pretty adept at it. Again, you can use your phone to record the intitial meeting as to act as evidence, but to be honest unless you have some pretty decent contacts, getting out of it is going to be a challenge.

Sorry for going a bit off topic, but I thought it relevent to anyone thinking of going out there.

Edited by Butch

I am not a keen Soi Six person but next time I go to Pattaya I will try to spend more time and spend more money there. The ladies may be hurting and I would like to do just a little to help the cause. I quite like an early evening beer and Soi Six is a good cause.

I am not a keen Soi Six person but next time I go to Pattaya I will try to spend more time and spend more money there. The ladies may be hurting and I would like to do just a little to help the cause. I quite like an early evening beer and Soi Six is a good cause.

Saviours of Soi Six , why not start a group,

Joe