Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Booked with BA? PAY ATTENTION

If youre booked with BA (WHY?????) pay atention and check your booking

The long and bitter British Airways cabin-crew dispute has intensified, with an unprecedented 16-day strike timed to hit the start of the summer peak in July.

Members of the Unite union working for BA’s Mixed Fleet operation will stop work from 1 to 16 July inclusive. The union says it will also take legal action against the airline over what it says is the “blacklisting” of staff who have taken part in the previous 26 days of industrial action.

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/british-airways-strike-cabin-crew-unite-union-16-day-industrial-action-a7793896.html

Good heads up!

Did Lufthansa settle their problems?

I dont know about that Jacko. But BA will use the strike to sack a lot of staff they dont like and because its a strike they can get out of paying customer compensation by saying cancelled flights arent their fault.

They realy are scum now. Form being the worlds best to now being one of the worlds tightest and worst.

They tried fucking with me and it cost them 600 euros before court but I wanted them in court to prove their faults so the CAA could then have a go at them, but the CAA are toothless and wont do anything against BA, they still havent, 2 years on settled my complaint about BA breaking all the rules.

I might have been imagining it, or even read it somewhere but aren't BA about to be, or have been downgraded in their "stars" for Airline performance?.

If anyone gets a minute, head over to flyertalk.com , there's not a great deal of love for BA there either!.

Edited by Butch

The maggott Willie Walsh always stared he would not compete with 'Economy Airlines' and now what do we see on the LFR BKK routes? they are competing withe the Economy Airlines, using their flying prison cell 777's with the wing exit blocked to get an extra seat in and leg room so small its uncomfortable.

They have openly stated they are concentrating on Business and first class and will make thoe areas on their flights bigger and reducing the space for economy. I mean how can they reduce space any more? have people sitting on each others laps?

Ive always despised BA and even more so when they scrapped Concord instead of seling them to Branson

Willie Walsh is the cancer that started within BA and is a shining example of terrible man managment. I think BA's decline is partly due to the attitude of the workforce, which in turn was brought on by WW's inability to manage effectively. Any workforce which strikes or even threatens action slowly erodes the credibility of the Company it represents. Once that industrial action starts, no matter how justifed , it has a direct effect upon the image and performance of that company.

As you say, and probably know anyway that economy pax don't make huge profits for the airlines, thus reducing their service and using the cash and time saved to better serve the biz and first pax is what WW managed to do without considering any of the consequences.

Regarding Concorde, well it's BA showing their colours again, first it was back with the Freddie Laker Skytrain, ganging up on him and with concorde, no one else is going to play with BA's toys, so we'll break them instead.