Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

The pool is in the car park and the drinkers in the beer bar can watch you swimming up and down. This didn't worry me but when the place was brand new there was a story that the plumbing had problems with the vents so the sewerage smell would back up in the rooms.

This was 2 years ago so. I assume that things have changed but just in case see if you can find someone with recent knowledge.

My only reservation is that its a walk to LK metro and if the baht buses aren't running at night you have a fair walk to get home.

The pool is in the car park and the drinkers in the beer bar can watch you swimming up and down. This didn't worry me but when the place was brand new there was a story that the plumbing had problems with the vents so the sewerage smell would back up in the rooms.

This was 2 years ago so. I assume that things have changed but just in case see if you can find someone with recent knowledge.

My only reservation is that its a walk to LK metro and if the baht buses aren't running at night you have a fair walk to get home.

Due to poor walking ability I always use a bike so the walking bit is moot. But I don't fancy the sewage smell . I can live with the people watching me swim as I find it boring so don't think anyone else will think me interesting enough to watch. What is the noise like at night ,considering the bars are so near?.

I checked the maps on their website, Agoda and Booking.com but it is shown in different locations.

I had intended to go there to put my ear to the ground, stick my nose down the drains and sit and have a beer ..... can anybody give me directions...

Booking site map has it on the wrong side of Buakhao :o Use Google maps and type in R-Con Blue Ocean.

Mixed reviews on TripAdvisor as you'd expect. Place is now 5 years old and needs maintenance per comments and noise from the bars may be a problem. I think I'd just book for a couple of nights and give it a test run.

Booking site map has it on the wrong side of Buakhao :o Use Google maps and type in R-Con Blue Ocean.

Mixed reviews on TripAdvisor as you'd expect. Place is now 5 years old and needs maintenance per comments and noise from the bars may be a problem. I think I'd just book for a couple of nights and give it a test run.

I thought Booking had fucked it up...You'd think that somebody from R-Con would have bloody bothered to check their booking agent info ( and checked the spelling on their website) but upto them.

I walk passed that area of Buakhao ( albeit bloody ratassed) quite regularly and still can't visualise the hotel, pub and restaurent, night time entertainment complex etc...

So, that's my task for this week. It takes me an hour to walk to that area but I am keen to find out if it is a place I have never been, a place that I have been many times but got thrown out for being drunk and forgotten about or a place that doesn't resemble the advertisements......

I am thinking..get ratassed in Bodega bar, walk through the avenue, trip over some loose cables, smash my head against a concrete pillar giving myself a nosebleed and walk in with a blood stained beer chang vest

Hmmmmm..Let's see..

Edited by Bullfrog

I checked the maps on their website, Agoda and Booking.com but it is shown in different locations.

I had intended to go there to put my ear to the ground, stick my nose down the drains and sit and have a beer ..... can anybody give me directions...

Have the beer first, the rest will follow. :D

• Upvote 1

If you walk along Soi Buakhow from soi 15 towards the market and south pattaya rd it is on the right hand side of the rd almost opposite Healing hands Massage. It is a small alleyway not a street and on the wall just before it there is a sign, in RED, that says R Con blue ocean .thought it good value for money at first glance but any actual experience would be helpful. There is 1 drawback and that is they charge 10 baht per unit of electricity also 37 baht per unit of water but water aside thats quite a hike from standard rates

Edited by sinbinjack

I thought Booking had fucked it up...You'd think that somebody from R-Con would have bloody bothered to check their booking agent info ( and checked the spelling on their website) but upto them.

I walk passed that area of Buakhao ( albeit bloody ratassed) quite regularly and still can't visualise the hotel, pub and restaurent, night time entertainment complex etc...

So, that's my task for this week. It takes me an hour to walk to that area but I am keen to find out if it is a place I have never been, a place that I have been many times but got thrown out for being drunk and forgotten about or a place that doesn't resemble the advertisements......

I am thinking..get ratassed in Bodega bar, walk through the avenue, trip over some loose cables, smash my head against a concrete pillar giving myself a nosebleed and walk in with a blood stained beer chang vest

Hmmmmm..Let's see..

I made my post in good faith but things have changed a lot since I was there.I think the bar was called Rehab but the Gogo didn't do very well and shut soon after opening. It was a pity because the spent up big on video walls and a very good sound system. The bar obviously took on new names and was called "Lucky Star bar" at one time. Behind the Lucky Star bar you could walk up stairs to a complex with 20 or 30 bars I quite liked the concept of a 3 story complex of beer bars with comfy leather couches but it was too much for Pattaya and I never saw the bars fully open. One or two bars would suck all the patrons and the rest looked like a ghost town.

When I look at the map R-Con seems to have joined with the beer bar complex and built a Tesco t he front so the reception is now in the middle of the building. Perhaps they may have sorted out the sewerage smell because they are still open. God knows what happened to the pool.

Edited by graymatter

I'm not surprised you are unsure about the location of the R Con Blue complex. It was never easy to find, initially being hidden between Rehab GGB and a Tesco, with the access through a passageway between the two.

Even after Rehab shut and it was replaced at the front by the Lucky Star open beer bar I reckon most passers by would be unaware of the existence of the bar complex.

I visited the complex a few times after it first opened and liked the layout of the bars but they seemed to be lacking in both girls and customers so it never became a go to venue.

I went into the Lucky Star bar about 12-18 months ago during their happy hour. Whilst there I had a look at the complex, which appeared to be abandoned apart from one bar.

The last time I took any notice of the complex the Lucky Star bar was also closed. I guess there was too much existing competition in the area and the R Con bars didn't offer enough to drag customers away from their regular watering holes.

I'm not surprised you are unsure about the location of the R Con Blue complex. It was never easy to find, initially being hidden between Rehab GGB and a Tesco, with the access through a passageway between the two.

Even after Rehab shut and it was replaced at the front by the Lucky Star open beer bar I reckon most passers by would be unaware of the existence of the bar complex.

I visited the complex a few times after it first opened and liked the layout of the bars but they seemed to be lacking in both girls and customers so it never became a go to venue.

I went into the Lucky Star bar about 12-18 months ago during their happy hour. Whilst there I had a look at the complex, which appeared to be abandoned apart from one bar.

The last time I took any notice of the complex the Lucky Star bar was also closed. I guess there was too much existing competition in the area and the R Con bars didn't offer enough to drag customers away from their regular watering holes.

I think I know where you are!!...It's now a 7/11....next to Tescos .. I was in Tescos yesterday buying their remaining stock of Lay's honey and butter crisps on special offer. Why do I mention the crisps? Well it's about the most exciting thing happening there nowadays..

Yep I used the front bar a few times but didn't bother after that cos it was such a walk to the toilets...

Having said that..where is the pub and restaurent and Rahtree bar??

EDIT = I've still got the wrong place haven't I...Ah well...I need a walk tomorrow....

Edited by Bullfrog

I think I know where you are!!...It's now a 7/11....next to Tescos .. I was in Tescos yesterday buying their remaining stock of Lay's honey and butter crisps on special offer. Why do I mention the crisps? Well it's about the most exciting thing happening there nowadays..

Yep I used the front bar a few times but didn't bother after that cos it was such a walk to the toilets...

Having said that..where is the pub and restaurent and Rahtree bar??

EDIT = I've still got the wrong place haven't I...Ah well...I need a walk tomorrow....

I always assumed that the hotel was next to the bar complex, possibly down a side alley, but I have never bothered to confirm that.

I always assumed that the hotel was next to the bar complex, possibly down a side alley, but I have never bothered to confirm that.

Yep, walked down there today and it was exactly where you say.

Sinbin - Whomever recommended it to you obviously knows you and what you like, whereas I don't know you, and personal recommendation is normally best..

However, if you are expecting the place as advertised then......

Yep the bar area complex is basically abandoned - but I was there daytime.... Much the same as Action Street..

The swimming pool is a raised affair so there is no where to put your towel, belongings, clothes, or sit and relax. I saw no chairs around the lower part ....

The balconies seemed small and only a couple had "furniture" In this case a small table and one plastic chair.

A few balconies were showing a bit of rust due to lack of maintenance.

But please be aware ...I was there daytime and I didn't go in...

Yep, walked down there today and it was exactly where you say.

Sinbin - Whomever recommended it to you obviously knows you and what you like, whereas I don't know you, and personal recommendation is normally best..

However, if you are expecting the place as advertised then......

Yep the bar area complex is basically abandoned - but I was there daytime.... Much the same as Action Street..

The swimming pool is a raised affair so there is no where to put your towel, belongings, clothes, or sit and relax. I saw no chairs around the lower part ....

The balconies seemed small and only a couple had "furniture" In this case a small table and one plastic chair.

A few balconies were showing a bit of rust due to lack of maintenance.

But please be aware ...I was there daytime and I didn't go in...

I went and looked for myself and found it just as you said , what I was hoping for was someone who had stayed there and had inside info as it were . I find the place quite reasonable for my small needs and at the price I don't think it can be beat but I was a little concerned as to noise in the night being so near so many empty but noisy bars , why are the bars so noisy as all it does for me at least is drive me away to somewhere quieter. Also , though not really about accomodation , why do the bars seem to play music for the staff rather than the customers and why so many sound systems in general opposition to each other making no music but lots of Noise.

Edited by sinbinjack

I went and looked for myself and found it just as you said , what I was hoping for was someone who had stayed there and had inside info as it were . I find the place quite reasonable for my small needs and at the price I don't think it can be beat but I was a little concerned as to noise in the night being so near so many empty but noisy bars , why are the bars so noisy as all it does for me at least is drive me away to somewhere quieter. Also , though not really about accomodation , why do the bars seem to play music for the staff rather than the customers and why so many sound systems in general opposition to each other making no music but lots of Noise.

OK Mate I understand. I am off the booze now for 6 weeks in readiness to see the doctor so I shan't be out at night at all during that period.

Sorry I couldn't help...but good luck..