Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Today Mrs Fiend tackled her first Corned Beef stew, with a little help from me, and her first attempt wa actually quite good!!! :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Her Tattie Pots are getting better all the time, but her Shepherds Pies still have room for improvement....

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spam is quite popular in Hawaii where according to your Wikipedia article, Hawaii residents have the highest per capita consumption of spam in the US. In Hawaii, you can get spam & eggs at McDona

Corned beef hash.....Mmmmmmmmm

Is talking about Corned beef spamming the spam thread?

Posted Images

Today Mrs Fiend tackled her first Corned Beef stew, with a little help from me, and her first attempt wa actually quite good!!! :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Her Tattie Pots are getting better all the time, but her Shepherds Pies still have room for improvement....

Brilliant!!!

I presume you don't call it corned dog in your household.....

Edited by Bullfrog

I like a slightly moist blob but caught around the edges to a slight browning crust in places..

I'm also going to copy Greymatter's idea and put vegemite in with the corned dog before cooking....

• Upvote 1

Corned beef, HP and raw onion sandwiches helped me grow into the superman I am today!

My mum used to make us tinned corn beef, raw onion and tomato sauce sandwiches - Really liked them and still occasionally have them to this day.

Maybe we should make a meals and cooking subforum.

Honestly, I've perused this thread and, to my taste, haven't seen a single meal I'd try.

Where is Idefix when you need a bit of decent culinary suggestions?

Do we have any Italians to help balance out this horrid British food?

• Upvote 1

Maybe we should make a meals and cooking subforum.

Honestly, I've perused this thread and, to my taste, haven't seen a single meal I'd try.

Where is Idefix when you need a bit of decent culinary suggestions?

Do we have any Italians to help balance out this horrid British food?

It could include shopping tips !!!!

I'm also going to copy Greymatter's idea and put vegemite in with the corned dog before cooking....

That would be cruelty to animals.

That would be cruelty to animals.

I like a bit of cruelty..My walking speed slows to a shuffle when I walk passed The Castle and Sodom on Bongkok so that I can hear the whips and screams..

:dbh

After years of being single again, I could still use some tips on selecting quality ingredients, like meat.

As to MM's post, I would read a culinary section.

In all seriousness it could prove useful in cases like the 25-50% discount fridge in Big C...I've picked up some great salmon, camemberts and points de brie in there with only a week to run before sell by date...all 50% off.

The point being that normally there is bugger all in there but sometimes its full..

Edited by Bullfrog

After years of being single again, I could still use some tips on selecting quality ingredients, like meat.

As to MM's post, I would read a culinary section.

We do have the Restaurants and Food section which is usually used for restaurant reviews. However, food can be sought, prepared, and eaten without reference to a restaurant.

IIRC, I may have done a review on a butcher shop a few years ago that had quality meats that I used for my home cooking. Sadly, the butcher outlet has now closed.

In fact, since this topic is about "SPAM", the FOOD, I am moving it to that section to hopefully seed the section for this type of topic.

In the meantime, I will just post some pictures of some homemade meals :P

2016-04-04 19.48.43.jpg

2017-03-31 23.50.11.jpg

2017-04-09 16.21.41.jpg

2017-04-15 19.17.28.jpg

11908040_1152627024765272_1186749834_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Upvote 2

I think it's possible not to spam the spam thread by refering to corned dog as "Spam" So that not only do we have spam hash with spam, we have spam sandwiches with spam, spam stew and spam and spam and baked beans with spam..

Simples..

Tonight is Mrs Fiends second attempt at making Corned Beef stew, this time without help from me...... except for one samll thing.... opening the tin, a feat she has yet to master!!!!!

Tonight is Mrs Fiends second attempt at making Corned Beef stew, this time without help from me...... except for one samll thing.... opening the tin, a feat she has yet to master!!!!!

When I was in the army we had these in the field. P38

If you couldn't open with these, you starved.

p382.jpg

Edited by midlifecrisis