Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

ATMs that show exchange rate before you confirm transaction

I hear some guys using their Mastercard inside an actual bank branch, and withdraw without any fees. Anyone can confirm?

Seems so conflicting - that of anything should not only be charged, but charged higher.

Is that English??

Yes, it is considered normal to use a Mastercard or Visa credit card to obtain cash advances over the counter. Of course if your credit card attaches fees to such a transaction it will be no good to you.

Debit cards are often refused and in any case your banks usual charges will apply.

If your bank charges nothing for using your debit card abroad, you can try TT Exchange for a cash advance with a debit or credit card.

Is that English??

Yes, it is considered normal to use a Mastercard or Visa credit card to obtain cash advances over the counter. Of course if your credit card attaches fees to such a transaction it will be no good to you.

Debit cards are often refused and in any case your banks usual charges will apply.

If your bank charges nothing for using your debit card abroad, you can try TT Exchange for a cash advance with a debit or credit card.

I'm fairly sure that TT is cash only. No harm in asking about a cash advance but don't rely on it.

you get a better rate for 50s.

I'm sure somebody on here has posted that TT no longer pay a different rate for 50s .....On the video (I think by Valentino) it showed different rates downstairs at the airport though...

If you know of another that still has the best rates and that will give an even better for 50s then let us know and I'll take a walk there and ask..

I'm sure somebody on here has posted that TT no longer pay a different rate for 50s .....On the video (I think by Valentino) it showed different rates downstairs at the airport though...

If you know of another that still has the best rates and that will give an even better for 50s then let us know and I'll take a walk there and ask..

Superrich only,, which are not in Pattaya yet. They are at Phuket Airport though.

Never had an opportunity to get £50 notes while I was in the UK, only used ATMs and got 10s and 20s.

Edited by jacko

Never had an opportunity to get £50 notes while I was in the UK, only used ATMs and got 10s and 20s.

Yep..that is my plan too...

Regarding using a credit card in an exchange booth - I saw a sign in the TG Booth at the junction of Second road and Soi 9 this morning saying cards welcome so I stopped and asked ....minimum 5,000 with a charge + 6%........I also noticed that 10s and 20s were 43.1 but 50s were 43.2...

Regarding using a credit card in an exchange booth - I saw a sign in the TG Booth at the junction of Second road and Soi 9 this morning saying cards welcome so I stopped and asked ....minimum 5,000 with a charge + 6%........I also noticed that 10s and 20s were 43.1 but 50s were 43.2...

I think polymer £10s come out in September, so likely the exchange shops will no longer accept the old ones after that.

I looked at the rates at a TG booth today and they were showing 43.45 for GBP compared to 43.75 -43.8 at TT. So their rates are poor and if you opt to use a credit card you will be charged a minimum of 300 baht plus whatever extras your card provider levies. Edited by tallguy

I looked at the rates at a TG booth today and they were showing 43.45 for GBP compared to 43.75 -43.8 at TT. So their rates are poor and if you opt to use a credit card you will be charged a minimum of 300 baht plus whatever extras your card provider levies.

Totally agree. I was replying to the question on whether you can use cards in booths as an option. Of course it is not worth it financially Regarding cash exchange the best I have found is "the red one" on soi 8...but check the two TT rates first..

Edited by Bullfrog

I looked at the rates at a TG booth today and they were showing 43.45 for GBP compared to 43.75 -43.8 at TT. So their rates are poor and if you opt to use a credit card you will be charged a minimum of 300 baht plus whatever extras your card provider levies.

This is not necessarily so. They may just pass on the Mastercard rate, which is currently 43.8769..and make their money from the 6% commission.

Waste of time when you can do a cash advance with a CC within a bank.

So it must be aimed at debit cards. But that is a very poor deal, as you can simply utilise an ATM if the minimum cash advance is 5000 baht. That means a minimum commission of 300 baht. An ATM would charge 150 to 220 baht, so why bother with the exchange booth's utterly useless 'service'?

Amazing Thailand.