Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Deal Alert: US Cities to Southeast Asia From $484 Round-Trip

Slightly more interesting may be an open jaw option for US$100 less.

The saving can go towards a flight to BKK and on to MNL.

Better.JPG

Edited by valentinoxxx

55 minute connection .... no way would I risk that.

I chose the 55 minute connection, you can chose a longer one if you wish.

Is there a high level of depression from where you hail?

Just wondered, as your only comment was a negative one. A bit more of a positive outlook on life might help.

Typically from Gate 31 to 54. They wouldn't offer a 55 minute transit if it were likely to cause an issue. They do know that you are transiting.

t1_map01_en__1.png

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just wondered, as your only comment was a negative one. A bit more of a positive outlook on life might help.

Typically from Gate 31 to 54. They wouldn't offer a 55 minute transit if it were likely to cause an issue. They do know that you are transiting.

t1_map01_en__1.png

NO DEPRESSION. Not an egomanic either that can not take comments. I fly enough to know that on an international trip, short delays are not uncommon. A simple flight tracker search shows arrival times for the flight from LAX tendto be early....... BUT the flght departing LAX on 19 July arrived in Narita at 1644. Your 55 minute connection just shortend to 31 minutes. Unless you are flying in business class, are afrequent flyer with status to get preferential treatment and special security line access or counting on a delayed departure for your connection, you better hope that no other flights arrived a few minutes before yours. I prefer to have enough time to comfortable go through the security line and board early enough to still have room for my small carryon in the bin and not last where I will be sitting on the bag for hours. But whatever floats your boat

Edited by ttk
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

......Typically from Gate 31 to 54. They wouldn't offer a 55 minute transit if it were likely to cause an issue. They do know that you are transiting.....

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

These sites just use search engines that work entirely on the published schedules.

I can't speak for All Nippon Airways, or for Tokyo Airport, but I've been caught out by short transit times with middle east airports a couple of times over the years.

In each case, there was a half-hour delay on arrival, and a long queue at security before we were allowed into the transit area.

The onward flight was not held back, and they re-ticketed me onto the next available flight.

However, I had to find a way to re-book my transfer to Pattaya, and tell the hotel that I would be arriving the next day.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

These sites just use search engines that work entirely on the published schedules.

I can't speak for All Nippon Airways, or for Tokyo Airport, but I've been caught out by short transit times with middle east airports a couple of times over the years.

In each case, there was a half-hour delay on arrival, and a long queue at security before we were allowed into the transit area.

The onward flight was not held back, and they re-ticketed me onto the next available flight.

However, I had to find a way to re-book my transfer to Pattaya, and tell the hotel that I would be arriving the next day.

It is exactly the same itinerary as offered on the ANA website, booking direct.

ANAagain.jpg

Edited by valentinoxxx

NO DEPRESSION. Not an egomanic either that can not take comments. I fly enough to know that on an international trip, short delays are not uncommon. A simple flight tracker search shows arrival times for the flight from LAX tendto be early....... BUT the flght departing LAX on 19 July arrived in Narita at 1644. Your 55 minute connection just shortend to 31 minutes. Unless you are flying in business class, are afrequent flyer with status to get preferential treatment and special security line access or counting on a delayed departure for your connection, you better hope that no other flights arrived a few minutes before yours. I prefer to have enough time to comfortable go through the security line and board early enough to still have room for my small carryon in the bin and not last where I will be sitting on the bag for hours. But whatever floats your boat

Now that is ironic. :rolleyes:

First you reply using upper case, shouting. Then your very next sentence is indicative of "an egomaniac who cannot take comments".

So calm down, it wasn't that serious. I was simply stating that your reaction could have been more balanced, instead of projecting a negative outlook.

For example; Good price, but concerned about the short stopover.

As to your example of 31 minutes on the 19th, in fact was 49 minutes, since the corresponding NH815 left at 17.38.

But hey, why let the truth get in the way of a negative outlook? ;)

My experience it that there is always a representative there to meet the flight on short transits with the same airline.

• Downvote 2

Now that is ironic. :rolleyes:

First you reply using upper case, shouting. Then your very next sentence is indicative of "an egomaniac who cannot take comments".

So calm down, it wasn't that serious. I was simply stating that your reaction could have been more balanced, instead of projecting a negative outlook.

For example; Good price, but concerned about the short stopover.

As to your example of 31 minutes on the 19th, in fact was 49 minutes, since the corresponding NH815 left at 17.38.

But hey, why let the truth get in the way of a negative outlook? ;)

My experience it that there is always a representative there to meet the flight on short transits with the same airline.

How does the representative help if your arrival in NRT is 60 minutes late? ANA's website says minimum of 45 minutes connection time...but that is only for no costs to you not a guarantee that you will make the connection. They certainly will not delay the departing flight for a few passengers, especially if it is already oversold. The trip meets that requirement so you would not be out of pocket for changes and they would reschedule you on the next available flight.... Maybe a different airline. Maybe the next day.

Off the plane, Security screening and getting to the next gate has taken me as little as 10minutes ( business class or front row coach seats, premium security line and no other flights arriving minutes before) to and as long as 45 minutes with long security lines due to bad timing on arrival. Arriving 30 minutes late ( not a longshot on a 10 hour international flight) late and they rush you through security with your carryon, good luck on checked bags though.

Flying Cheap Charley airlines with terrible connections to save a few dollars is not for me. I do not want to emulate OJ running through airports outbound and then resting hours on the way back

You have never missed a short connection relying on flights to arrive ontime and/or connections departing late? Must either not fly much or been very lucky. I applaud your luck. My experiences have been very different.

Most people really want to get to their destination rather then hoping nothing goes wrong. But then what could possibly go wrong flying these days? I only wish my schedule is as flexible as yours one day.

But even then, the few $$ you are saving still wouldn't be worth it for me.

How about calming down yourself. There really is no reason to go off on someone for saying 55 minute international connections are very risky.

Edited by ttk

How does the representative help if your arrival in NRT is 60 minutes late? ANA's website says minimum of 45 minutes connection time...but that is only for no costs to you not a guarantee that you will make the connection. They certainly will not delay the departing flight for a few passengers, especially if it is already oversold. The trip meets that requirement so you would not be out of pocket for changes and they would reschedule you on the next available flight.... Maybe a different airline. Maybe the next day.

Off the plane, Security screening and getting to the next gate has taken me as little as 10minutes ( business class or front row coach seats, premium security line and no other flights arriving minutes before) to and as long as 45 minutes with long security lines due to bad timing on arrival. Arriving 30 minutes late ( not a longshot on a 10 hour international flight) late and they rush you through security with your carryon, good luck on checked bags though.

Flying Cheap Charley airlines with terrible connections to save a few dollars is not for me. I do not want to emulate OJ running through airports outbound and then resting hours on the way back

You have never missed a short connection relying on flights to arrive ontime and/or connections departing late? Must either not fly much or been very lucky. I applaud your luck. My experiences have been very different.

Most people really want to get to their destination rather then hoping nothing goes wrong. But then what could possibly go wrong flying these days? I only wish my schedule is as flexible as yours one day.

But even then, the few $$ you are saving still wouldn't be worth it for me.

How about calming down yourself. There really is no reason to go off on someone for saying 55 minute international connections are very risky.

You are funny. :rolleyes:

I don't recall anyone asking you if it was worth it for you. :allright​ Interesting that you used the phrase egomaniac . I would use egocentric.

The post isn't just for you. If it is not of interest to you, move along. Maybe it will suit someone else. What is compelling you to post your continued negative views?

I am calm. So calm that I couldn't be bothered to read your long winded post. All you are doing is continuing project your negativity. Not at all interesting nor informative.

Thank you for letting us know that you are overly anxious and inclined to negativity.. But i already got that from your first reply

If a flight is an hour late, they'll put you on another. Things happen. Same with any airline.

I'm sure that everyone reading this thread is an adult and can decide for themselves. They can be assured that ANA will take care of them.

Someone on FlyerTalk asked about a similar connection time: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1265319-miss-connection-ana-nrt.html

Seriously, old man. calm yourself down. Stressing out about things that likely won't happen isn't good for your health.

No one is forcing you to purchase the flights. Move along and make space for those it may suit.

• Downvote 1

I fly ANA all the time (for the United points) and transit in Narita. (Just back last week from a 10-day trip with an HNL-NRT-MNL-IAD routing for work, all on ANA with the HNL-NRT-MNL leg a single leg, transferring in NRT on the way to Manila).

Getting thru Narita security on international transit is never difficult for me, time-wise. I admit that I fly business class, so I de-plane quickly. But the security process is quick for me, they don't hold you up with shoe removal etc. They're quick. Moreover, ANA seems to arrive early unless there's an equipment problem. Check out their flight arrival performance on flightaware.com and look up specific flilght segments that are applicable to your location(s).

My dos centavos only.

You are funny. :rolleyes:

I don't recall anyone asking you if it was worth it for you. :allright​ Interesting that you used the phrase egomaniac . I would use egocentric.

The post isn't just for you. If it is not of interest to you, move along. Maybe it will suit someone else. What is compelling you to post your continued negative views?

I am calm. So calm that I couldn't be bothered to read your long winded post. All you are doing is continuing project your negativity. Not at all interesting nor informative.

Thank you for letting us know that you are overly anxious and inclined to negativity.. But i already got that from your first reply

If a flight is an hour late, they'll put you on another. Things happen. Same with any airline.

I'm sure that everyone reading this thread is an adult and can decide for themselves. They can be assured that ANA will take care of them.

Someone on FlyerTalk asked about a similar connection time: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/all-nippon-airways-ana-mileage-club/1265319-miss-connection-ana-nrt.html

Seriously, old man. calm yourself down. Stressing out about things that likely won't happen isn't good for your health.

No one is forcing you to purchase the flights. Move along and make space for those it may suit.

The flight you show is the last one that day. Later flight means next day or shelping bags to Haneda for a midnight deoarture. But whatever, you are an incredibly lucky person going theough life with things going 100% your way. Must be that positive attidude of yours.

As for ANA taking care of you..yeah with the cheap charley fare you show you will be taken care of...LAST.

Seroiuslythough....by saying not reading my long winded post, you mean just the last sentence? You obviously read the rest because you quoted it AND choose to bold a section. How about showing some class and quoting without modifying it.

Edited by ttk

The flight you show is the last one that day. Later flight means next day or shelping bags to Haneda for a midnight deoarture. But whatever, you are an incredibly lucky person going theough life with things going 100% your way. Must be that positive attidude of yours.

As for ANA taking care of you..yeah with the cheap charley fare you show you will be taken care of...LAST.

Seroiuslythough....by saying not reading my long winded post, you mean just the last sentence? You obviously read the rest because you quoted it AND choose to bold a section. How about showing some class and quoting without modifying it.

I read the first and last line. It looked like the kind of post where I should just skip to the end.

If the flight doesn't suit your needs, why are you still posting??

You really need to see someone about your depression and your poor attitude. Nice combo you have there. Must really help you with the ladies. 1luv

You are becoming increasingly bitter with each post.

No one here cares about your increasingly negative outlook. The whole scenario has been created by your over-anxious and depressive mind.

If perhaps you posted some links of people missing their connection on this combo and subsequent reports on their treatment, your comments might hold some sway.

But instead you come over like an old girlfriend who is always afraid of someone cheating on her. Totally paralysed by her fears and annoying others with them

Don't be that girl. ^_^

So go find a thread where the flights suit you or begin one of your own. What are you doing here? Don't you have any friends?

I read the first and last line. It looked like the kind of post where I should just skip to the end.

If the flight doesn't suit your needs, why are you still posting??

You really need to see someone about your depression and your poor attitude. Nice combo you have there. Must really help you with the ladies. 1luv

You are becoming increasingly bitter with each post.

No one here cares about your increasingly negative outlook. The whole scenario has been created by your over-anxious and depressive mind.

If perhaps you posted some links of people missing their connection on this combo and subsequent reports on their treatment, your comments might hold some sway.

But instead you come over like an old girlfriend who is always afraid of someone cheating on her. Totally paralysed by her fears and annoying others with them

Don't be that girl. ^_^

So go find a thread where the flights suit you or begin one of your own. What are you doing here? Don't you have any friends?

Just how many people are interested in an open jaw flight out of LA and then having to find a way from Kuala Lumpor to Bangkok. After eliminating everyone not in the US, and then Those not in LA the response so far has been 0 posts patting you on the back for the great find.

My response to your open leg cheap charley airfare was "55 minute connection .... no way I would risk that" Others have posted similar experiences....warnings to new international travelers that this is a concern......yet you have choosen to go totally nutcase only on me. Why the infatuation....I have absolutley no clue who you are. It is becoming obvious that you have a mental condition and just what to argue with me. Ar you sure that you are not Joe? You have adopted his MO perfectly.

Edited by ttk

Just how many people are interested in an open jaw flight out of LA and then having to find a way from Kuala Lumpor to Bangkok. After eliminating everyone not in the US, and then Those not in LA the response so far has been 0 posts patting you on the back for the great find.

My response to your open leg cheap charley airfare was "55 minute connection .... no way I would risk that" Others have posted similar experiences....warnings to new international travelers that this is a concern......yet you have choosen to go totally nutcase only on me. Why the infatuation....I have absolutley no clue who you are. It is becoming obvious that you have a mental condition and just what to argue with me. Ar you sure that you are not Joe? You have adopted his MO perfectly.

http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/topic/67553-good-lax-bkk-fare/?do=findComment&comment=1188826 There is one for a start.

I didn't expect that everyone on the board would jump on it. It's just an option.

Allow me to remind you of the topic in question; Deal Alert: US Cities to Southeast Asia From $484 Round-Trip

My post is on-topic.

The people here must think you the complete idiot. They know no one is forced to take up any offer posted here.

They can see clearly that you are just making an issue out of it as your little ego has been hurt, simply because I wondered out aloud why you bothered to post if you only wanted to air your anxieties and negativity.

You already let us know that you are over-anxious about short transit times. We understand your issues. But truthfully, you are just boring. Once is enough.

Open jaw can be useful for twin centre trips, for people heading for the islands, not just Bangkok. You can also fly direct from KUL to U-Tapao.

At US$400, you have something left in the budget to change the trip up a bit, at no extra cost than you would normally pay. You can leave from Washington DC or LAX.

You are like a little child. Desperately trying to get one up in an argument, but falling flat on your face each time and getting angrier as a result. Not a good character for an adult.

http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/topic/67553-good-lax-bkk-fare/?do=findComment&comment=1188826 There is one for a start.

The people here must think you the complete idiot. They know no one is forced to take up any offer posted here.

They can see clearly that you are just making an issue out of it as your little ego has been hurt, simply because I wondered out aloud why you bothered to post if you only wanted to air your anxieties and negativity.

You already let us know that you are over-anxious about short transit times. We understand your issues. But truthfully, you are just boring. Once is enough.

Open jaw can be useful for twin centre trips, for people heading for the islands, not just Bangkok. You can also fly direct from KUL to U-Tapao.

At US$400, you have something left in the budget to change the trip up a bit, at no extra cost than you would normally pay. You can leave from Washington DC or LAX.

You are like a little child. Desperately trying to get one up in an argument, but falling flat on your face each time and getting angrier as a result. Not a good character for an adult.

seriously you show a post that is not a response to this thread to PROVE someone jumps on this this thread... nice try.. Post#9 here in THIS thread agrees that there are problems with short connections...but you refuse to read or comment on that.

As for why I bothered to post to air anxieties and negativity ... do do even remain her what your response to my comment was ... Let me make it easier for you

"Is there a high level of depression from where you hail?

Just wondered, as your only comment was a negative one. A bit more of a positive outlook on life might help."

You started with the negativity BS in all posts, you use"negative" , "depression" "negative outlook" "long Winded" "stressing".......

your posts clearly indicate that you are the negative unbalanced nutcase just posting to get responses to argue. . Must be tough being you. Have you tried therapy? there are treatments for cases like you.,

In any case you have proven that you do not read posts and just want to "prove" you are sane and balanced.....BORING. problem is now solved, I have ensured that your rival; never again crosses my screen

Edited by ttk

seriously you show a post that is not a response to this thread to PROVE someone jumps on this this thread... nice try.. Post#9 here in THIS thread agrees that there are problems with short connections...but you refuse to read or comment on that.

As for why I bothered to post to air anxieties and negativity ... do do even remain her what your response to my comment was ... Let me make it easier for you

"Is there a high level of depression from where you hail?

Just wondered, as your only comment was a negative one. A bit more of a positive outlook on life might help."

You started with the negativity BS in all posts, you use"negative" , "depression" "negative outlook" "long Winded" "stressing".......

your posts clearly indicate that you are the negative unbalanced nutcase just posting to get responses to argue. . Must be tough being you. Have you tried therapy? there are treatments for cases like you.,

In any case you have proven that you do not read posts and just want to "prove" you are sane and balanced.....BORING. problem is now solved, I have ensured that your rival; never again crosses my screen

Are you still here? Why? Do you have something positive or interesting to contribute to this cheap flights thread.....or is this really all about you?

No I don't read your posts, because I already know they won't provide any new or interesting information pertaining to cheap flights. I'm not interested in reading about your personal foibles.

I did catch that you complained that I linked to another thread..... Yes, I posted the same deal on that thread and someone there responded to it.

That thread concerned LAX, whereas this thread states Asian cities. Duuuuuhh. :allright

It showed that someone on this forum is interested in the open jaw deal...and it showed that you are just making an idiot of yourself.

So post a good deal, take advantage of one of the deals posted here or just....go away. :rolleyes:

I'm not interested in your utterly pointless ramblings and I'm certainly not reading them in their entirety.

Mainly because they are nonsense. Much like I wouldn't listen to a drunken fool's ramblings in a bar, I don't take notice of the nonsense you are posting here..... other than to use it to illustrate how much of a fool you are making of yourself.

Edited by valentinoxxx
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for the lesson of NOT POSTING FARE DEALS HERE!

Don't let it bother you. There will always be at least one know-it-all who posts negative sneering comments about a deal.

Apparently if it is not good for them, then no one should have it.

So continue to post whatever you find interesting.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Don't let it bother you. There will always be at least one know-it-all who posts negative sneering comments about a deal.

Apparently if it is not good for them, then no one should have it.

So continue to post whatever you find interesting.

I posted another a few hours ago. We'll see.

• Downvote 1