Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Got this from Qatar this morning

Flight offers from United Kingdom Bangkok Economy Class £439 Business Class £1,899 Kuala Lumpur Economy Class £459 Business Class £2,149 Colombo Economy Class £469 Business Class £2,179 Singapore Economy Class £479 Business Class £2,289 Goa Economy Class £509 Business Class £1,609 Auckland Economy Class £709 Business Class £3,599

I just did Qatar Biz back to Thailand....it was a fairly good flight. Dreamliner from Manchester, which was an updated cabin, but an older style one in a 777ER from Doha. So if you book try and get their A380 from/to BKK as that is great. They also let me and other transit passengers straight off the plane into the terminal at Doha, so no horrible repeat of security checks! Good job as I had a short 1 hr transit. (Bags made it no problems). Qatar are likely struggling right now due to their tiff with their neighbours. My flight had to dodge their airspace and hence came in over Iran, then when we took off from Doha we were all around the houses dodging around the tip of the Oman peninsular.

The offer for US departures is awful. Except PHL-BKK for USD $620 which is phenominal uI haven't found any at that price between now and 12/10. But I appreciate the e-mail nonetheless.

10 minutes ago booked flights for flying from MAN to BKK 31st October and return BKK-MAN 16th November.... Price quoted on Qatar website £950 for 2....

After checking Skyscanner got the same flights for £871.

And as it stands we have A380 DOH-BKK and BKK-DOH :D

• Upvote 1

My return flights from Edinburgh to BKK in November cost me £510 with Qatar. The good thing for me with Qatar as opposed to KLM or Air France is that the travel is split into two roughly equal parts. The bad one is going through the security check at Doha airport which is always totally crowded, In February I was worried I might miss my connection, so I went to the first class security check, and got through in a couple of minutes. Of course, with the troubles Qatar are having with their neighbours, flights may have to detour, and this may cause delays. But hopefully this will be resolved before November.

My return flights from Edinburgh to BKK in November cost me £510 with Qatar. The good thing for me with Qatar as opposed to KLM or Air France is that the travel is split into two roughly equal parts. The bad one is going through the security check at Doha airport which is always totally crowded, In February I was worried I might miss my connection, so I went to the first class security check, and got through in a couple of minutes. Of course, with the troubles Qatar are having with their neighbours, flights may have to detour, and this may cause delays. But hopefully this will be resolved before November.

I've never had to go through security at Doha, off the plane and out onto the concourse very time!!!

I've never had to go through security at Doha, off the plane and out onto the concourse very time!!!

I can't remember whether it was 'every time' but yes, my most recent trip ex Manchester I did the same.

Not wanting to threadfuck (sorry GP), but what is the Qatar FF program like?

These things change but as I just flew back on a free one-way Biz Class ticket I am impressed.

I say free but the taxes were probably about what an economy flight costs!!

Apparently you can spend Qatar "miles" in Duty Free at DOH... I believe 200 miles is worth about $1.00 spending money.

Same with Emirates/Dubai. Got her a nice bottle of perfume.....

About 45 miles per AED.

Edited by jacko