Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

3 days ago, tried to get on Netflix, was directed to the movie I wanted, but when I hit the play button, got a message "Whooops, sorry, but seems you are using an adblocker or VPN proxy server", can't access the site. Been using Hola VPN here for the last few years, never had a problem, is anyone else getting the same message ?

Thanks !

"Sorry, just saw the "all caps" rule, won't happen again.

Edited by KOJO

3 days ago, tried to get on Netflix, was directed to the movie I wanted, but when I hit the play button, got a message "Whooops, sorry, but seems you are using an adblocker or VPN proxy server", can't access the site. Been using Hola VPN here for the last few years, never had a problem, is anyone else getting the same message ?

Thanks !

The short answer is that Netflix has been blocking VPNs by IP address used by the VPN. This process started because of content providers not allowing viewers in some countries vs others.

If you are in Thailand, you have to use a VPN to access the USA Netflix library, but if Netflix has blocked the proxy IPs used by that particular VPN, you are going to get that message.

For a full explanation, and a list of VPNs that can still be made to work with Netflix, check this document https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/netflix-proxy-error-here-are-6-vpns-that-still-work-in-2016/

I have recently switched to NordVPN and am very happy with it. I bought a 2 year license to use for 78 USD, which works out to 3.25 USD/month. When properly configured the USA library is available.

• 3 months later...

Thanks !

I think its problem of your VPN that is why you are facing this issue, so my suggestion is that use only reliable Netflix VPN like express. Express is the fastest VPN as compare to any other VPN. It provides 30 days money back guarantee for me but you can any VPN according to your budget.

I think its problem of your VPN that is why you are facing this issue, so my suggestion is that use only reliable Netflix VPN like express. Express is the fastest VPN as compare to any other VPN. It provides 30 days money back guarantee for me but you can any VPN according to your budget.

I've been using the Opera browser, not the fastest, but free, and the built in VPN only applies to that browser, normal speeds using others. I get about 39Mbps normally, about 25 through Opera (with it pointed at the USA), though it does vary - it certainly lets me run HD Netflix through it.

I've been using the Opera browser, not the fastest, but free, and the built in VPN only applies to that browser, normal speeds using others. I get about 39Mbps normally, about 25 through Opera (with it pointed at the USA), though it does vary - it certainly lets me run HD Netflix through it.

So Opera has a free VPN included so you can appear to be in the US and you can get the US selection in your Netflix - even though you are in Thailand (or Timbuktu) ?

Sendt fra min WAS-LX1 med Tapatalk

Based on my experience, from the Philippines, with a 100 Mbps Fibre Connection, using the built in VPN Of Opera leaves me around 10 1o 20, not really spectacular, but most of the time good enough. Personally. Nevertheless, i use ExpressVPN since many years across all my devices.

I use Betternet. A free Chrome extension.

I just tried it, and it doesn't work with Netflix USA. Netflix detects it's a proxy or VPN which is will not play outside USA.

Capture.PNG

FWIW, Betternet gives the user the toggle option of claiming you are USA or UK based.

But once Netflix has the IP's identified as belonging to a VPN service - it will be blocked. The difference between those free browser plugins and the paid VPN's - with paid VPN's in most cases they do have different levels of service, meaning, you can get a ,lower user to IP ratio hence it is less likely to get detected as VPN access by streaming services.

• Upvote 2