Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

NFL is starting

NFL is starting soon, how many NFL players do you think is going to take a Knee for the

National Anthem this year?

Edited by Olded

NFL is starting soon, how many NFL players do you think is going to Knee for the

National Anthem this year?

Kneel or take a knee. That sort of died.

I heard Kaepernick found a job. He will. A few others. As a movement it was a short lived phenomena. The media made it seem bigger than it was.

Yea I heard he found a new job too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpNPU6i_C2o

You made me get a second cup of coffee and look into him.

I was incorrect. The last I heard about him he was off to Ghana or some such country. The Seahawks declined to sign him as a backup. I thought he was signing with the Dolphins but it appears now the Dolphins picked Jay Cutler as their backup.

Now, of course, the Dolphins are being called racist by some:

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/08/06/football-fans-accuse-miami-dolphins-of-being-racist-after-they-choose-not-to-sign-colin-kaepernick.

I doubt many fans understand how divisive he was to the locker room. A quarterback is a uniter. He has to be by the nature of the importance of his position. He put his politics above the team. It hardly matters what the issue was. I would criticize a white quarterback for doing a similar thing. He distracted the goal of the team - to prepare for and win games. He was suspect in his motives because he had been demoted to a backup roll. It appeared to be all about him.

When the quarterback (or any other player) is off the field it is good that he is involved in community issues, environmental issues and any other issues that are important to him. Once you hit the field you are a representative of your team and the league.

• Upvote 1

You made me get a second cup of coffee and look into him.

I was incorrect. The last I heard about him he was off to Ghana or some such country. The Seahawks declined to sign him as a backup. I thought he was signing with the Dolphins but it appears now the Dolphins picked Jay Cutler as their backup.

Now, of course, the Dolphins are being called racist by some:

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/08/06/football-fans-accuse-miami-dolphins-of-being-racist-after-they-choose-not-to-sign-colin-kaepernick.

I doubt many fans understand how divisive he was to the locker room. A quarterback is a uniter. He has to be by the nature of the importance of his position. He put his politics above the team. It hardly matters what the issue was. I would criticize a white quarterback for doing a similar thing. He distracted the goal of the team - to prepare for and win games. He was suspect in his motives because he had been demoted to a backup roll. It appeared to be all about him.

When the quarterback (or any other player) is off the field it is good that he is involved in community issues, environmental issues and any other issues that are important to him. Once you hit the field you are a representative of your team and the league.

As I remember, he was voted the Les Echmount (sp) award by his fellow players so that is not very divisive.

My point was related to why other teams do not want to take a chance on him.

Although his cause was just...he hurt the game and deserves to be out of the league.

Whether he pissed off the owners or not is pretty mute because Kaepernick was playing bad before he started taking a knee. He's not a good pocket passer and teams learned to defend his running, it happens.

"Now, of course, the Dolphins are being called racist by some:"

I imagine they are also being called patriotic by some others?

The Southern United States is a different culture than Seattle.

Folks, I don't pretend to be an NFL fan and much prefer the college game or soccer, but my bar, Le Pub will be showing all the games live whilst we are open and any game on demand. We can show up to three games consecutively on Sunday nights.

• Upvote 2