Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Premier League 2017-18

Premier League winners  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

The season kicks off this this weekend with Arsenal playing Leicester City. Arsenal have already claimed the first trophy of the season, defeating Chelsea in the Community Shield. Chelsea seem a team with problems in the background. Will Conte last the season ? Man Utd were outclassed in their game against Real Madrid in the Super Cup and Jose has a job to do to get them back on top of the league. Spurs will surely buy a few players before the window closes. Liverpool are in danger of losing their best player, Couthino.

One cannnot be certain who wil be playing where until the transfer window closes and I will comment at that time. At the present moment Man City seem the most likely winners. Enjoy the season and I hope your team entertains you.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi,   Arsenal usually lose the first game and fail to impress in victory over Leicester. At least they won and we were dancing like maniacs on the Holloway Road.

What's wrong with Spurs?

Hi,   I don't think many of the young players have improved much under Wenger. Maybe that is why OX has gone to Liverpool, he feels Klopp will improve his game. Pochettino seems to have done a good

Hi,

Arsenal usually lose the first game and fail to impress in victory over Leicester. At least they won and we were dancing like maniacs on the Holloway Road. :clap2

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Huddersfield are the surprise package of the first round of matches with a good win away at Palace. Champions Chelsea seem a team with some issues at the moment and will do well to defend the crown. The Manchester teams both have good wins and could fight it out this season.

Hi,

A low key weekend in the League with only Spurs v Chelsea seeming a good contest. Both teams seem to have internal problems at the moment. Huddersfield v Newcastle will be a good indicator, if Hudders win again they may be a team who will stay up. Man City v Everton is the monday game. Wac is very reluctant to bet very much at this early stage. :clueless

Hi,

. Huddersfield v Newcastle will be a good indicator, if Hudders win again they may be a team who will stay up. .

Hi,

Champions Chelsea win a tight game at Spurs. Chelsea were well short on their best players but still beat Spurs. Well done to Conte. If Huddersfield can keep it up until Christmas they may be clear of the relegation dogfight.

Hi,

I hope the officials give all the teams a fair go this season. Arsenal got lots of bad calls at Stoke and Man City had a player wrongly sent off against Everton. City got lots of bad calls last season and with Man Utd back with a chance this time it will be interesting to see how the officials calls the games. United tend to get dodgy penalties or a man sent off from the opposition if they are in a tight game.

One defender sold, one defender injured. No way is Wembley a home game. Ali and Kane are too far up their own arses like Vardy and Mahrez last season

Hi,

Spurs have a chance to get back on track with notorious travellers Burnley the opposition. Chelsea have a difficult game against Everton, who had to play away on Thursday, however. Arsenal would settle for a point in Liverpool. Leicester might be worth a bet on the Asian Handicap against a Man Utd team who have had 2 soft games and whose form may be overated.

Hi,

Liverpool are the team of the week with a good win over a poor Arsenal. Chelsea have a nice win over Everton, while Fellaini ruins wacs bet with a late goal for Man Utd. At least I got my money back.

Well, they are on international play this week and next. hehe

BTW, isn't tomorrow the close for transfers? Has Arsenal done anything?

Hi,

They have held on to Sanchez, for now. It's all Arsenal in the media, they get a very tough press. If Wenger had sold Sanchez it would have been "how can he sell his best player" ? Now it's "why didn't he take the money" ? The knives are out for Wenger, I don't think he pays all the agents, barkers and touts the money they feel they deserve. He has tried to buy several players without success. He tried to buy Thomas Lemar from Monaco on the last day. If that had gone through, he would have sold Sanchez to City.

Hi,

They have held on to Sanchez, for now. It's all Arsenal in the media, they get a very tough press. If Wenger had sold Sanchez it would have been "how can he sell his best player" ? Now it's "why didn't he take the money" ? The knives are out for Wenger, I don't think he pays all the agents, barkers and touts the money they feel they deserve. He has tried to buy several players without success. He tried to buy Thomas Lemar from Monaco on the last day. If that had gone through, he would have sold Sanchez to City.

I believe Arsenal has a chance in January to still get something for Sanchez. After that Sanchez can sign next season with any Premier League team he chooses and Arsenal gets nothing.

I understand that the press is putting Wenger's feet to the fire but I also think it was apparent that Wenger lost the locker room last season. Now guys he wanted to build his champion around are either gone, like Chamberlain, or unpopular with teammates, like Sanchez (who has no incentive to give more than the bare minimum for the rest of this season). So Wenger has brought some of this on himself.

That is going to cost him when Coleen gets on the phone to her lawyer.

Hi,

I suppose he has lost the protection that playing for Man Utd buys. I hope he wins something with Everton.

That is going to cost him when Coleen gets on the phone to her lawyer.

Hi,

Not all of us are cut out for marraige. Coleen looks a cut above the usual wag but it would be a shame for Wayne if she dumped him.

I believe Arsenal has a chance in January to still get something for Sanchez. After that Sanchez can sign next season with any Premier League team he chooses and Arsenal gets nothing.

I understand that the press is putting Wenger's feet to the fire but I also think it was apparent that Wenger lost the locker room last season. Now guys he wanted to build his champion around are either gone, like Chamberlain, or unpopular with teammates, like Sanchez (who has no incentive to give more than the bare minimum for the rest of this season). So Wenger has brought some of this on himself.

Hi,

I don't think many of the young players have improved much under Wenger. Maybe that is why OX has gone to Liverpool, he feels Klopp will improve his game. Pochettino seems to have done a good job at Spurs in that regard. Overall, Wengers record at Arsenal is good. Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City have had more money to play with and Wenger has built a lovely new stadium in his time here. I remember when I first watched Arsenal at Highbury they didn't play very attractive football. We have seen some great football during Arsenes reign.

the-marble-halls-at-at-highbury-arsenal-

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Man City v Liverpool is the game of this round. City are very strong favs with the bookies. Lets see. Liverpool looked good against Arsenal. I'm having a small bet on Everton on the AH against Spurs. Rooney will be determined to put in a good performance after being denied a leg over by police intervention.

Hi,

Wac thought Liverpool and Everton would be involved in close games. Wrong. Chelsea have a good away win at Leicester, while Man Utd get a hard earned point at Stoke. Man City seem the big winners of the weekend with such a good display. Liverpool look suspect and Arsenal only defeated a poor Bournmouth team.

Edited by wacmedia

No surprise that CP fired de Boer. He got burned on a horrible giveaway goal yesterday vs Burnley.

The bigger issue is the owners. 3 managers in 9 months, 4 since the start of last season. de Boer only managed for five games

Who will manage now and for how long? It appears to be Roy Hodgson.

West Ham seems to possibly be the next to fire their manager. Will Billic' remain?

Oddly, Billic and then de Boer followed Sam Allardyce at their respective teams.

No surprise that CP fired de Boer. He got burned on a horrible giveaway goal yesterday vs Burnley.

West Ham seems to possibly be the next to fire their manager. Will Billic' remain?

Hi,

Rinus Michels and Alex Ferguson probably got lots of Dutch and Scottish managers of mediocre quality jobs in the top leagues. Owners think " is this guy the next Michels or Ferguson " ? Usually they are not. Bilic is a dead man walking IMO.