Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Premier League 2017-18

Premier League winners  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

Lots of Londoners support either Liverpool or Man Utd so it will be a busy lunchtime tomorrow as supporters flock to the bars to neck it down for the weekend :party and watch the game. Liverpool will be going for victory as the fans are revolting.United will be happy with a draw. Interesting game.

Surprising with so many teams in London that there are so many fans for the other two teams.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi,   Arsenal usually lose the first game and fail to impress in victory over Leicester. At least they won and we were dancing like maniacs on the Holloway Road.

What's wrong with Spurs?

Hi,   I don't think many of the young players have improved much under Wenger. Maybe that is why OX has gone to Liverpool, he feels Klopp will improve his game. Pochettino seems to have done a good

Hi,

Lots of Londoners support either Liverpool or Man Utd so it will be a busy lunchtime tomorrow as supporters flock to the bars to neck it down for the weekend :party and watch the game. Liverpool will be going for victory as the fans are revolting.United will be happy with a draw. Interesting game.

A bit harsh on the Kopites....

Surprising with so many teams in London that there are so many fans for the other two teams.

Hi,

Well many Londoners are originally from other parts of the country, as well as the Scots and Irish. In the past there always were Scottish and Irish players playing for the 2 teams. Fans tended to support the teams who had their countrymen in them. These days there are fewer of them because of players coming from all over the world. When Liverpool were at their best they were mainly Scottish and Irish players in their ranks with the odd Englishman as well.

A bit harsh on the Kopites....

Hi,

Didn't mean it that way. I do find that Spurs and Liverpool have the most bolshy fans. I love to hear them moaning on phone ins. :D

Hi,

Kenny Dalglish is the most popular player in Liverpool history, according to this site..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/881782-liverpool-fc-25-most-popular-players-in-club-history

1. Kenny Dalglish

The Scottish striker led Liverpool to six First Division titles (including three in a row from 1982-84), one FA Cup, five Charity Shields and a staggering three European Cups.

GK 1 23px-Flag_of_Zimbabwe.svg.png Bruce Grobbelaar RB 2 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Phil Neal 10px-Yellowcard.svg.png 32' LB 3 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Alan Kennedy CB 4 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Mark Lawrenson LM 5 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Ronnie Whelan CB 6 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Alan Hansen SS 7 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Kenny Dalglish 10px-Sub_off.svg.png 94' CM 8 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Sammy Lee CF 9 23px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png Ian Rush RM 10 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Craig Johnston 10px-Sub_off.svg.png 72' CM 11 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Graeme Souness (c) Substitutes: FW 12 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Michael Robinson 10px-Sub_on.svg.png 94' GK 13 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Bob Bolder DF 14 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Steve Nicol 10px-Sub_on.svg.png 72' FW 15 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png David Hodgson DF 16 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Gary Gillespie Manager: 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Joe Fagan Edited by wacmedia

In the first 60 minutes it looks like ManU would be content with one point. However, they have played conservatively before only to come on at the end.

Hi,

I think 2 games show the difference. Mourinho didn't have the confidence to attack at Liverpool, Pep want to Chelsea and beat them at home. Great performance yesterday as well as Stoke can be difficult. After the International break there is usually a few shocks. Only City and Spurs of the top teams won yesterday. One company(PP) was advertising a better price for Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea in a treble. None of them won. :lol:

Hi,

I think 2 games show the difference. Mourinho didn't have the confidence to attack at Liverpool, Pep want to Chelsea and beat them at home. Great performance yesterday as well as Stoke can be difficult. After the International break there is usually a few shocks. Only City and Spurs of the top teams won yesterday. One company(PP) was advertising a better price for Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea in a treble. None of them won. :lol:

Watford beating Arsenal was the big surprise for me. I thought Wenger would be sacked after last season. What are the tabloids writing today?

Watford beating Arsenal was the big surprise for me. I thought Wenger would be sacked after last season. What are the tabloids writing today?

Hi,

Arsenal won the FA Cup last season, which is a major trophy in England. Wenger gets a very bad press all the time. Watford got a dodgy penalty yesterday, which turned the game. Little was made of it in the media. I think he doesn't grease the palms of the right people.

Hi,

Arsenal won the FA Cup last season, which is a major trophy in England. Wenger gets a very bad press all the time. Watford got a dodgy penalty yesterday, which turned the game. Little was made of it in the media. I think he doesn't grease the palms of the right people.

Thanks wac! I always appreciate your knowledgable insights on this.

Hi,

Gooners become scousers for the day as Liverpool travel to London to play Spurs. Arsenal have a difficult trip to Everton, and Chelsea play an in form Watford. Credit to Marco Silva who has done well in the PL. Not an easy game for Chelsea at this time.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/24961/proper-scouse.aspx

This is a REAL scouse recipe from a REAL scouser. My recipe is based on my family's through my mum and her mum. Scouse is a stew from Liverpool (of which it's inhabitants get their name) and it originates from a similar Norwegian stew brought over by sailors. Every scouse family has a different recipe, some add turnip with the potatoes, some like it thick and stodgy (like mine), some like it thinner, some use beef instead of lamb, some use both, or some use just lamb (traditionally). I have seen some very odd recipes online - adding tomatoes (this is a HUGE NO-NO) or garlic or other unneeded ingredients like herbs etc. It may taste 'nicer' or more 'exciting' however the point of scouse is to be tasty, filling comfort food. I will show you how to make a classic stodgy version :) Scouse is a simple stew, cheap, cheerful and TASTY. (cooking times vary really, I'd say give it a bit longer than 2 hours; just as long as the meat is tender and the vegetables are mushy.

Ingredients
Makes: 2 bowls or thereabouts
  • 1 carrot
  • 2 onions (average sized)
  • 5 medium potatoes (any 'fluffy' or all rounder variety), or 'as many potatoes as possible'
  • 300g lamb (traditionally neck end, but you can use any cut really)
  • water
  • generous amount freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 pinch salt
  • a couple of splashes Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 stock cube (OXO® is acceptable, don't listen to some people who say it isn't) (Beef or Lamb)

Bilic and WH got a big win at home so a reprieve for now.

Hi,

Last nights defeat could be the end for Bilic. Brighton were 4/1+ for that game. In the East End they used to have pie&mash shops and jellied eels. They are dying out now. Probably fish and chips or a curry are the local favs now.

Watford is doing it again.

edit: They couldn't hold on. They should have won.

:D You were a little to fast.

But Huddersfiels did it.

Huddersfield - Man U 2 -1

Can anybody stop Man C

:D You were a little to fast.

But Huddersfiels did it.

Huddersfield - Man U 2 -1

Can anybody stop Man C

Yes, I was simply amazed again at Watford again and jumped the gun at the half.

Man U? They don't have the horses to fight back from two down. Mourinho made a couple of changes at the half but not enough.

City plays a style I like. Always entertaining.

Hi,

Huddersfield are the team of the weekend with a victory over Man Utd. First time in wacs lifetime. Richarlison misses 2 good chances to finish off champions Chelsea. Chelsea show good spirit to fight back but Conte seems unsettled. Arsenal have good win against an out of sorts Everton and Spurs look the main challengers to City after an excellent win over Liverpool.

Watford is doing it again.

edit: They couldn't hold on. They should have won.

Hi,

Cost wac a few quid. :rolleyes: Richarlison is the villian. Missed 2 good chances when Watford were 2-1 up. Still, Watford are looking good this season.

I enjoyed watching Arsenal. They have always been a good passing team. When they are on, they are fun to watch.

Hi,

When they are off, they are hard to watch, especially if you are a gooner.

Hi,

One game defines this weekend, Man Utd v Spurs. Harry Kane is a doubt for Spurs, shame if he misses the game. Man Utd will be anxious to get back on track after a surprise defeat. Spurs played well in Madrid and will not be cowed by the surroundings. Hope its an entertaining game whoever wins.